Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury
US$ 115
US$ 116
Harbourview B&B and Motel(Port Hawkesbury)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
US$ 108
US$ 123
US$ 112
  • Pool
Coastal Inn Antigonish(Antigonish)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 111/night.

Fair Isle Motel(Whycocomagh)
US$ 105
US$ 102
Aberdeen Motel(Whycocomagh)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
All reviewsroom was cleancabot trailpool and fitness centerattached restaurantserved hothd channelscold nightrecommend this hotelthe hotel is conveniently locatedyour luggagefirst floorking bedhousekeeping stafffish chipscape bretonbottom floorcoffee maker and fridge
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night, the hotel was clean and quiet. Our room was quite comfortable.Staff were excellent and helpful. We had two very nice meals at Millers. Definitely would recommend and would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlie M
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

After spending many years working in the hotel industry my eyes are always open (and my ears) to all details in a hotel.
The hotel does not have an elevator so be prepared to walk
Restaurant is in the basement and the food is delicious.
The room with the king size bed is small while the room with 2 queens are roomy.
Many renovations have been made, new tvs, carpet, beautiful bathroom etc.
the areas that need improvement would be their lack of ability to be courteous to their guests.
My step father uses a walker and we had to always ask for assistance.
For me, the worst part was the service Chris (female) gave us during breakfast. It is very apparent that Chris doesn't like her job and only works there to get tips to get her fake nails done.
Not once (and I counted) did she say "you are welcome" after I said thank you to her. This happened 6 times. No smile, jam or peanut butter for our toast etc. We had to ask her to take our plates away when we were done eating and of course, our glasses of cold water came after asking several times.
If I left this review up to how Chris made us feel I would score it at 1. However the hotel is quiet. Great location. Has a gym and pool.
So if you can avoid Chris and don't need assistance from the staff, then this is where you need to stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Andrea B, Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to pass along your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed some of our recent renovations, the restaurant food, and our hotel amenities, etc. We take your service criticism very seriously and we have passed your comments along to the restaurant manager. Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me at andrea.brophy@maritimeinns.com.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Given that there are not many places to stay in Port Hawkesbury I don't want to give this place too bad a review but.... it could be much better. The rooms are small. The first floor rooms have two entrances which I guess is nice because you can unload your car with the outside door and move around the hotel with the inside door. There is a restaurant on the premises which is nice. They have a pool and fitness center which is also nice. However, there are little things that are irritating. If you want to sleep in a king bed, you have to take a room on the second floor. There is no lift or elevator to get you and your luggage to the second floor. If you are old like my husband and me...that's a rub. When I went to hang my towel on the door hook in the bathroom, the whole thing came off in my hands screws and all. It was far from luxurious but it served the purpose but it could have been much much better.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Andrea B, Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for passing along your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the drive-up access, the restaurant, and the pool/fitness center. I do apologize for both the issue with the door hook and with our lack of an elevator. Our first and second floors both have drive-up access (due to being built into a hill), but it's our third floor that is only accessible via the stairs. I apologize that we didn't do a better job offering to have someone take your luggage- that is always an option should anyone need it. We do actually have king beds on the second and third floors, but I can't speak to what may have been available when you made your reservation. As far as the door hook goes, we're actually replacing a large number of bathroom doors soon, and we must have overlooked the hooks, knowing that they're being replaced so soon. Again, my apologies. It's completely understandable that that was irritating. All in all, I'm glad you enjoyed the majority of our services, and we will absolutely take your feedback and use it to improve! Thank you again!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Despite there being few places available in the area for some reason, we stopped here, hoping to get something, just out of utter desperation. Were pleasantly surprised, even though the prices in that area all seemed a bit high. Our room was clean, large, and well maintained. Front desk was very welcoming, both upon arrival and departure, and the added bonus of the 'in-house' restaurant was a relief after a long day of touring. Price was perhaps a bit on the high side, but we saw others of the same price and much worse standards. Well worth staying here long or short-term.

Room Tip: Had main floor room, which was quiet and to the back, off the roads.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Andrea B, Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We're so happy you enjoyed your room as well as our on-site restaurant, Miller's. We hope to see you again in the future! Again, thank you!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Checked into this Hotel recently and went to my room. Older Hotel in need of renovations. Pulled the bedding back to get ready for bed and found a bug crawling around under the sheets. Brought the bug, in a cup, to the front desk and requested another room. Stayed for 2 nights and then checked out. During the remainder of my stay, no Hotel management approached me to apologize or see how my new room was. Will not be staying at this Hotel again. I will stay in Antigonish and travel the 54 kms daily.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your honest feedback. I will first comment that we are in the midst of renovations throughout the hotel, as we are always trying to improve. I apologize emphatically as I did know that a bug had gotten into your room, and that the Guest Service Agent had moved you into a new room, but I mistakenly thought that another manager had been speaking with you before you checked out. This mistake is on me completely, and I hope you will contact me at andrea.brophy@maritimeinns.com so I can apologize in person. Again, thank you for your feedback. We will use it to improve.