“Outstanding - no complaints!”
Review of Cibo Citta - CLOSED

Cibo Citta
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 20
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We had a brilliant first visit to Cibo Citta, we were not short for choice on the menu. I had the carbonara for main and I have to say it was even better than Little Italy's! It is worth making the trip through from Dumfries - everything we ate was outstanding and the server was friendly and non-intrusive. 5 star, would recommend to everyone!

Hi Zoey,

Thanks for coming through to try out Cibo Città, I am pleased to hear that the short drive from Dumfries was well worth it.

If you can identify the server I will pass on your comments directly to them.

Thanks,

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Came here for tea last night with my other half. The food was amazing and really fresh. The service was quick and the staff were all lovely and welcoming and always made sure everything was okay. We will definitely be back again sometime soon!

Date of visit: September 2017

Hi Erin,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to Cibo Città. I will be sure to pass your comments on the the rest of the team!

See you soon,

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

i have travelled all over and i can honestly say it was the most wonderful sea bass i have ever had. compliments to the head chef he is the biggest asset to your restaurant. x

Hi Cat,

Thanks for such a great review! We get alot of good feedback on our Sea Bass, i am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Four friends after a day out walking had an excellent meal at this Italian restaurant yesterday. We just had a mains course each and side salad and wine and the food was delicious and beautifully presented and very reasonable. Nice to have fabric tablecloth and napkins and a nice room. The service was excellent and very friendly. Would recommend and go again if in the area. Good luck to the business and hope it succeeds. It deserves to.

Hi Joan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your most recent visit to our restaurant.

We pride ourselves on offering the very best quality at an affordable price. We look forward to seeing you aging soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The cleanliness and overall impression is excellent. The service was very good and the atmosphere was pleasant. The food however wasn't amazing. I had a mushroom crepe starter which was lovely to look at but tepid at best. My husband had Chicken liver pate again served beautifully with 2 dainty dishes of pate and 2 of the tiniest pieces of bread - either too much pate or not enough bread.
My main was Chicken in a creamy sauce with sweetcorn and penne pasta - cubed chicken! Sweet corn that tasted much like tinned sweet corn a white sauce that wasn't creamy at all and great dollops of melted cheese on top.
My husband's penne pasta with bacon and chilli in a tomato sauce looked insipid - like it had been diluted once to much. He said it was ok but that was all. We didn't have a dessert. I'm sad that we didn't enjoy our food, maybe we will stick to pizza next time.

Date of visit: September 2017
Lee D, Owner at Cibo Citta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hi Daisiesmum,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback following your visit to our restaurant. Feedback is very valuable to us.

I am disappointing to hear that you'r experience didn't match the expectations set by our other reviews. All our food is produced in house including our bread which may be smaller on some occasions however we are always happy to give you more.

Can I ask what day you visited so that i can work with the appropriate team members to ensure that this is a one off. Did you make a member of the team aware of the issues on the night?

Regards,