Got a great deal for a weekend at the Terrace Hotel and wasn't sure what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised both with the hotel and the little town of Magherafelt.
* Room was spotless and modern. Comfy bed with soft pillows.
* Food in the restaurant was excellent. The package included one dinner.
* Staff were very friendly especially the new Manageress Cecilia.
* First class entertainment in the Front Bar on the Saturday night
* Excellent parking facilities to the rear of the hotel
* Great value menu with offer of 2 main meals for £10.
I would like to see weekend / midweek break offers on their site as this would encourage me to make many return visits in the future.
Magherafelt is an excellent little town to visit. It has lots of shops to explore and a couple of good boutiques. I believe that there is a Saturday market in the nearby town of Cookstown but we didn't have time to visit it. Hopefully the next time we are staying at the Terrace we can take a trip there.
Many thanks to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable. Hope to be back to see the decor in Front Bar finished. Love the new colour scheme and furniture!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Terrace Hotel is centrally located in Northern Ireland halfway between the cities of Belfast and Derry. Only 30 minutes from Belfast International Airport and close to the main Ferry terminals, we are less than an hours drive from the north coast making us the ideal base for touring or business travel. Our newly renovated bar is the ideal spot to have a light lunch or evening meal, and has an extensive wine list to compliment any meal. Our sixteen modern bedrooms have wall mounted plasma televisions, complimentary high speed WiFi internet access, tea and coffee facilities and crisp white linen on king size beds to ensure a good nights sleep. ... more less