All reviewssean and heatherhomemade biscuitsbottled waterwarm welcomeon arrivalwonderful hostscompotean excellent place to stayhome made cakesdressing gownsamazing choiceextra touchesb and bcouldn't do enoughguest housebreakfast was excellentcooked breakfast
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We stayed at Clyde House for the weekend - it was superb. Sean is such a lovely host, he and Heather have got things just perfect! We had tea and beautiful home made cakes on arrival. They cannot do enough for you! They helped us with our luggage and even dried out our smelly walking boots for us! The room was clean, warm and cosy .We had fresh fruit in our room and the breakfasts were one of the best we have ever had! It was my husbands birthday on the Saturday and he received a card and chocolates from Sean and Heather. Staying at Clyde House was a wonderful experience.We will certainly be returning!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomo2907
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you both for your great review and for choosing Clyde House for your husbands birthday treat, we both enjoy looking after our guests and to make sure that their stay with us is very special. We look forward to seeing you again.
Sean & Heather

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Simply the best B & B experience we've ever had. The room was very well appointed, the towels were fluffy and the bed linen luxurious. Our hosts Heather and Sean were wonderfully welcoming, yet were in no way intrusive. Breakfast was a real highlight of the stay, with a menu that would rival the best of hotels; cooked to perfection, served without delay and clearly either home made or sourced from local producers. Heather is master of her kitchen and her skill was much enjoyed and appreciated. We very much hope to visit Clyde House again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickandPeter
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you both for your great review and all your fabulous comments. We do source all our ingredients locally, our meat from Hartles of West Burton, fruit, veg and all fish from Carricks of Snape. and our eggs from Roy in Fingal. We look forward to welcoming you back again to Clyde House.
Sean & Heather

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I think the reviews pretty much speak for themselves. 284 out of the 300 reviewers gave Clyde House a 5* rating. This last weekend our family took three rooms in Clyde House for 2 nights and we were so impressed by the level of service provided by Sean and Heather. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms are all a very good size and are prettily furnished in cottage style. They are extremely well equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, with a whole range of different teas, a bedside chocolate, biscuits in the room plus fresh fruit and bottled water. Fresh towels were provided daily. Lovely views from the rear of the house over towards Middleham and the Wenseydale hills in the distance. Clyde House is located very handily in the centre of Leyburn within easy reach of shops, bars and restaurants with the extremely impressive Thirteen restaurant being located straight across the road. An iron and ironing board were provided to us so that our son's very creased shirt and suit could be pressed before we attended a wedding. Our son also left behind his pyjamas and Heather found them and washed them and has very kindly offered to post them on to us ! Breakfast was amazing. There is an exceptional array of stewed fruits and yoghurts which we loved. Then a good choice of cooked breakfast with the usual ingredients for full Yorkshire breakfast all being sourced locally from Wenselydale. Sean and Heather were so friendly and inviting. We very much want to visit the area again and without doubt will be looking to book with them again. We would thoroughly recommend Clyde House to anyone.

Room Tip: Middleham room, a superior double is lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip D
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Wow, thank you for your wonderful review and your great comments, we are delighted that all the family enjoyed their weekend with us for your family wedding. We look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I love staying with Sean and Heather! I have to travel a long way to work in Leyburn from time to time, and one thing I can reply on is a warm welcome. Couple that with a comfy room, which lacks nothing ( without being prissy or overdone), a marvelous breakfast, a prime location but not noisy, a well maintained traditional Yorkshire stone building, and a super restaurant just opposite, I can honestly say that I would never go anywhere else ( and I have, in the past, tried other places in Leyburn). Heather is a wonderful cook and Sean makes breakfast service an Art. There is a super enclosed garden around the back for sunny evenings, a lounge for winter months, rooms at both back and front, some downstairs, some upstairs. I have visited as a single lady and also with my husband, who also enjoys being there for walking whilst I am working. This time we invited a friend, who says he will definitely return. I just hope that, by sharing my fondness for Clyde House, that I haven't attracted so many visitors that it is full when I need it! BTW, I am quite an exacting client, and I have never had to complain about anything. In fact Sean often anticipates your needs. Bliss!

Room Tip: Ask Sean and heather if you need anything specific. I have stayed in 4 of the rooms now and all are different.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank catwomanYorkshire_UK
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

What a lovely review, and thank you for all your great comments as we both enjoy giving our guests that little bit extra to make their stay memorable. We look forward to seeing you in 2018.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Sean and Heather are wonderful hosts. My room was quiet and clean and the b and b is located just off market square in a lovely and lively little market town. It was the perfect stop on the second night of our hike through the dales. Would return and recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank horriblebulldog1007
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for your great review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you both enjoyed the rest of your hike through the dales.