Clyde House
Hotels.com
The Blue Lion(East Witton)
US$ 133
Premier Inn Catterick Garrison Hotel(Catterick)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
A66 Motel(Richmond)
US$ 101
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewssean and heatherhomemade biscuitsbottled waterbowl of fruitwarm welcomewonderful hostson arrivalan excellent place to stayhome made cakesdressing gownsbreakfast was deliciousmueslicouldn't do enoughguest housebed and breakfastlittle gemyorkshire dales
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I think the reviews pretty much speak for themselves. 284 out of the 300 reviewers gave Clyde House a 5* rating. This last weekend our family took three rooms in Clyde House for 2 nights and we were so impressed by the level of service provided by Sean and Heather. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms are all a very good size and are prettily furnished in cottage style. They are extremely well equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, with a whole range of different teas, a bedside chocolate, biscuits in the room plus fresh fruit and bottled water. Fresh towels were provided daily. Lovely views from the rear of the house over towards Middleham and the Wenseydale hills in the distance. Clyde House is located very handily in the centre of Leyburn within easy reach of shops, bars and restaurants with the extremely impressive Thirteen restaurant being located straight across the road. An iron and ironing board were provided to us so that our son's very creased shirt and suit could be pressed before we attended a wedding. Our son also left behind his pyjamas and Heather found them and washed them and has very kindly offered to post them on to us ! Breakfast was amazing. There is an exceptional array of stewed fruits and yoghurts which we loved. Then a good choice of cooked breakfast with the usual ingredients for full Yorkshire breakfast all being sourced locally from Wenselydale. Sean and Heather were so friendly and inviting. We very much want to visit the area again and without doubt will be looking to book with them again. We would thoroughly recommend Clyde House to anyone.

Room Tip: Middleham room, a superior double is lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip D
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Wow, thank you for your wonderful review and your great comments, we are delighted that all the family enjoyed their weekend with us for your family wedding. We look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I love staying with Sean and Heather! I have to travel a long way to work in Leyburn from time to time, and one thing I can reply on is a warm welcome. Couple that with a comfy room, which lacks nothing ( without being prissy or overdone), a marvelous breakfast, a prime location but not noisy, a well maintained traditional Yorkshire stone building, and a super restaurant just opposite, I can honestly say that I would never go anywhere else ( and I have, in the past, tried other places in Leyburn). Heather is a wonderful cook and Sean makes breakfast service an Art. There is a super enclosed garden around the back for sunny evenings, a lounge for winter months, rooms at both back and front, some downstairs, some upstairs. I have visited as a single lady and also with my husband, who also enjoys being there for walking whilst I am working. This time we invited a friend, who says he will definitely return. I just hope that, by sharing my fondness for Clyde House, that I haven't attracted so many visitors that it is full when I need it! BTW, I am quite an exacting client, and I have never had to complain about anything. In fact Sean often anticipates your needs. Bliss!

Room Tip: Ask Sean and heather if you need anything specific. I have stayed in 4 of the rooms now and all are different.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank catwomanYorkshire_UK
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

What a lovely review, and thank you for all your great comments as we both enjoy giving our guests that little bit extra to make their stay memorable. We look forward to seeing you in 2018.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Sean and Heather are wonderful hosts. My room was quiet and clean and the b and b is located just off market square in a lovely and lively little market town. It was the perfect stop on the second night of our hike through the dales. Would return and recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank horriblebulldog1007
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for your great review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you both enjoyed the rest of your hike through the dales.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Clyde House with some friends recently. The welcome from Sean was amazing. Nothing too much trouble, home made cake with afternoon tea, a dedicated guests’ lounge, ultra comfortable rooms, and the best full English breakfast we have ever had. Fabulous.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew J
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for your fantastic review, we are delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and our fabulous breakfast, we look forward to your next outing.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Clyde House is an excellent place to stay in the middle of Leyburn, a beautiful Yorkshire town with a lovely array of shops. Our stay started with a warm and friendly welcome. We had a lovely comfortable, clean room with good en-suite facilities and many extras. Breakfast was first class. The food was locally sourced, perfectly presented and delicious. It was a memorable stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichFens28
John F, Owner at Clyde House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for your great review and all your fabulous comments, we are fortunate to have a great selection of local produce on our doorstep. We look forward to seeing you again.