Eastfield Lodge Guesthouse
US$ 113
The Old Vicarage(West Witton)
US$ 119
US$ 119
  • Breakfast included
Curlew Barn(Leyburn)
Hotels.com
Capple Bank Farm(West Witton)
Hotels.com
Pitchup.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewscakewarm welcomeusing local producelovely comfortable roommap roomwalking holidayon arrivalexcellent hostswalking routesbottle of proseccocommunal loungea couple of minutes walkblack puddingget togetherevery afternoona great place to staysourced locally
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Henry and Penny are friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We were given lots of advise regarding walks, maps and routes marked out for us. We were given a delicious breakfast, with locally sourced ingredients and lots of variety. The beds are very comfortable, rooms warm and dogs welcome. We loved coming back to a different cake each day and a warm welcome. So many walks in the area of all distances and difficulties, will be back again. lots of good places to eat in Leyburn, just ask Henry for recommendations.

Room Tip: Some rooms in the front are on a fairly busy road
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2017

This is a lovely B&B, with no effort spared to make you feel comfortable.

It’s situated in Leyburn, a small market town in the beautiful Ure valley. The local walking/cycling is just superb and as a result the town has a decent tourist infrastructure and pubs, restaurants, etc, are only a couple of minutes’ walk away.

My room had a large double bed, tea/coffee and biscuits, and room enough to spread out. The bathroom was fine, though as someone else has commented, the hot water took a while to arrive – not a big issue and not surprising in a big old house.

The owners were very helpful and friendly with a great knack of remembering people’s names.

There’s a big lounge with tea and coffee facilities and a fridge in an attached cubby-hole. It seems that the place is regularly booked out by groups staying in the area and the lounge would be a great centre point for that.

Breakfast was excellent. Help-yourself cereals, cooked breakfast as you like it, plus endless toast and coffee. Set me up fine for a full day’s walking.

Which brings me onto an apology. A cake is put out for guests in the afternoon. Look, I’d just got back from a super hike along the river, and there it was. A huge, glistening carrot cake. So I had a piece. It was delicious. So I had a bit more. And a bit more….

Anyway, I apologise. I can only hope a 10/10 review makes up for it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed for 2 nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The attention to detail here is wonderful. Home made cake, jars of sweets, fabulous locally sourced breakfast, lovely comfortable room, fridge and glasses etc available for chilling your wine and cheese and the staff and owners are so friendly. They surprised us with a card and bottle of prosecco for our anniversary. Will definitely be back. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Stayed at Eastfield Lodge as part of a party that took over the guest house, to go to my sons wedding at the Garden rooms. On arrival our host, Penny was very welcoming, offering tea and coffee in the guest lounge, with cake available in the afternoons. Our room was lovely with a double and a single bed, all very clean with some rooms having a stunning view. Breakfast was all locally sourced and was ample to see us through the day. Perfectly situated for the village of Leyburn, and the Garden Rooms wedding venue as we were able to walk back after the wedding. A note to anyone one else thinking of walking back, take a torch as there are no street lights at some points between the Garden rooms and Eastfield lodge. All in all a wonderful stay - Penny was able to satisfy everyone's needs and Henry cooked a brilliant breakfast, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Easy to find, parking available, nice building, comfortable communal lounge, good welcome and explanations given. Close to the town for a pleasant stroll.
Bedroom 5 on second floor spacious, one large and one single bed. Very nice good quality white bed linen which I value greatly, lovely clean room, could not hear a family in the next room or the road noise outside. Comfortable wicker chairs in the bedroom.
If I wanted to be nip picky then the only negatives would be the door key didn't work properly but they are going to sort that, I found the water flow from the tap rather lame especially when brushing teeth, the curtains let in a little too much light for my taste and there wasn't much provision for the lovely fluffy white towels they give you. But hey, I am being nip picky
Now at 4.00pm every afternoon they place a freshly baked cake in the hallway for guests to help themselves to a slice which was very nice. The breakfast which was locally sourced produce was lovely, everything cooked beautifully, not greasy at all, and their attention to detail and meeting the many variations of guests needs and requests could not have been received or met in a more helpful friendly attentive manner. I am very happy to recommend this guesthouse, it is one of the best I have stayed in.

Stayed: August 2017