YHA London Lee Valley
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 81
Travelodge Cheshunt(Cheshunt)(Great Value!)
US$ 68
Travelodge
US$ 98
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Premier Inn London Enfield Hotel(Enfield)(Great Value!)
US$ 74
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Waltham Abbey Hotel(Waltham Abbey)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
PremierInn.com
US$ 119
US$ 111
  • Pool
US$ 103
Priceline
  • Free Internet
Gilwell Park London(Chingford)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 102
Priceline
US$ 98
US$ 94
US$ 64
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewscountry parkyouth hostelself cateringtrain stationgreat locationcommunal kitchena great place to staytransport linksmain buildingquiet locationcooked breakfastan updatefull english breakfastkings crossfamily roomwe've stayedclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for 2nights, great location as nearby peaceful park and train to London city.
Last minute decision to visit before Easter hols. Had a problem in our Lodge which was passed onto the Manager via team member and sorted with 100% satisfaction straight away. Great customer service. Thanks and will hopefully return for longer next time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
yhalondonleevalley, Manager at YHA London Lee Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good Morning Hilary,
Thanks for your kind review. I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at YHA London Lee Valley. We really do have a unique location here being so close London and the park. Really pleased to hear the problems during your stay did not affect your trip away to London. I will pass your feedback onto the team about problem handling. Hopefully we will see you soon - bring the sunshine with you please.
Thanks
Rachel Cass - Hostel Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So we got charged twice, which was fine if we got a refund.

Which I had to fill forms in for, on the day of my uncle's funeral which wasn't where my mind was.

I done this anyway, 1 week later no refund. Called them, the manager here tried to tell me I had to contact booking.com for their mistake. I said no.. they then told me okay, I will call you back when it's done. 3 weeks since I've stayed, 1 week since I called and nothing.

I then call back for the refund and they charge the card a THIRD TIME and refuse a full refund for the room that wasn't exactly high quality.

Worst customer service and they just don't care about you.

The breakfast was also awful just to add insult to injury.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Good Morning Zoe,
Thanks for your review. Further to our email and telephone conversations I am pleased to say we have rectified this issue for you with a full refund.
I can only apologise for charging your mother again rather than doing a refund this was an error on my part/
The reason for this issue was a change of process with Booking.com that my team had not acknowledged - for this I am sorry.
I hope you told the team that the breakfast was not up to standard on the morning you had it, feedback is something we appreciate as it allows us to get better.
If you wish to discuss this further you have already got my email address.
Regards
Rachel Cass - Hostel Manager

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend in London. For an extra 10 minutes on the train we enjoyed clean air, clean rooms, great breakfast (and self catering kitchens if we wanted). Good firm beds and clean rooms, friendly staff and plenty of lounges etc.

With the snow we didn't explore the country park, we covered the five minute walk from Cheshunt station to the warmth of our room as quickly as possible!

Our only criticism was a faint whiff in the toilet.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
yhalondonleevalley, Duty Manager at YHA London Lee Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi Rjo103,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We really are incredibly lucky to be in such incredible surroundings, hopefully on your next visit you will be able to explore a little more.

Sorry to hear about the toilet smell, we could have sorted that out immediately if you had let us know.

Hope to see you again really soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I decided last minute to take my children away for the weekend. I wanted somewhere we could enjoy the outdoors but wouldn’t break the bank. Came across this YHA. It’s been a long time since I stayed in a hostel and I didn’t realise you could book family rooms in them. £40 for the three of us in an ensuite room. I was a little nervous but thought I’d give it a go. So glad I did. It was brilliant. Yes the room was basic. Yes the mattresses weren’t the best in terms of comfort but after several hours of walking and playing around the nearby woods, river, lakes, sculpture climbing, tree climbing and general wild back to nature behaviour I could have slept on nails. The staff were brilliant, so helpful and welcoming. Really patient with my 7 year old and took the time to teach my 11 year old how to coil a rope he had discovered into a mountaineers knot. My boys absolutely loved it. Breakfast was cheap and filling, croissants and cereals for the boys, cooked breakfast for me. The cup of tea was dreadful and the juice sickly sweet. Piping hot shower in our room, shared lounge/kitchen if you wanted it. The block next to ours had a visiting rugby squad and I was worried we would be kept awake but the room was peaceful and quiet. So close to London and the Lea Valley had so much to discover and explore we just scratched the surface.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
yhalondonleevalley, Reception and Accommodation Manager at YHA London Lee Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Hi Leigh and Phil,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a wonderful review on our hostel.

Great to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and welcoming. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in the park.

I will pass on your comments about the tea and the juice to our Food and Beverage Department, but great to hear you enjoyed the rest of the breakfast.

We all hope to see you back again really soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Wonderful place to stay , beautiful self contained cottages. Beautiful and serene surroundings. Very near to the train station for a very short ride into London. Will definitely stay longer next time to explore the nature of Lee Valley. Great staff service during check-in and out.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with YHA (England & Wales)
yhalondonleevalley, other at YHA London Lee Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on our hostel. The Lee Valley Park is such an awesome area to explore either by bike or walking, so a few days are definitely needed next time.

Thank you again for leaving a review and we hope to see you again really soon.