US$ 86
  • Restaurant
Heather's Lodge(Cheshunt)
US$ 88
Chesnut Lodge(Cheshunt)
All reviewscountry parkyouth hostelself cateringgreat locationcommunal kitchentrain stationtransport linksan updatefull english breakfastfamily roommain buildingfew minutes walkquiet locationwe've stayedclean roomsother guestscooked breakfast
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

So we got charged twice, which was fine if we got a refund.

Which I had to fill forms in for, on the day of my uncle's funeral which wasn't where my mind was.

I done this anyway, 1 week later no refund. Called them, the manager here tried to tell me I had to contact booking.com for their mistake. I said no.. they then told me okay, I will call you back when it's done. 3 weeks since I've stayed, 1 week since I called and nothing.

I then call back for the refund and they charge the card a THIRD TIME and refuse a full refund for the room that wasn't exactly high quality.

Worst customer service and they just don't care about you.

The breakfast was also awful just to add insult to injury.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
yhalondonleevalley, Manager at YHA London Lee Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Good Morning Zoe,
Thanks for your review. Further to our email and telephone conversations I am pleased to say we have rectified this issue for you with a full refund.
I can only apologise for charging your mother again rather than doing a refund this was an error on my part/
The reason for this issue was a change of process with Booking.com that my team had not acknowledged - for this I am sorry.
I hope you told the team that the breakfast was not up to standard on the morning you had it, feedback is something we appreciate as it allows us to get better.
If you wish to discuss this further you have already got my email address.
Regards
Rachel Cass - Hostel Manager

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend in London. For an extra 10 minutes on the train we enjoyed clean air, clean rooms, great breakfast (and self catering kitchens if we wanted). Good firm beds and clean rooms, friendly staff and plenty of lounges etc.

With the snow we didn't explore the country park, we covered the five minute walk from Cheshunt station to the warmth of our room as quickly as possible!

Our only criticism was a faint whiff in the toilet.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
yhalondonleevalley, Duty Manager at YHA London Lee Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi Rjo103,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We really are incredibly lucky to be in such incredible surroundings, hopefully on your next visit you will be able to explore a little more.

Sorry to hear about the toilet smell, we could have sorted that out immediately if you had let us know.

Hope to see you again really soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I decided last minute to take my children away for the weekend. I wanted somewhere we could enjoy the outdoors but wouldn’t break the bank. Came across this YHA. It’s been a long time since I stayed in a hostel and I didn’t realise you could book family rooms in them. £40 for the three of us in an ensuite room. I was a little nervous but thought I’d give it a go. So glad I did. It was brilliant. Yes the room was basic. Yes the mattresses weren’t the best in terms of comfort but after several hours of walking and playing around the nearby woods, river, lakes, sculpture climbing, tree climbing and general wild back to nature behaviour I could have slept on nails. The staff were brilliant, so helpful and welcoming. Really patient with my 7 year old and took the time to teach my 11 year old how to coil a rope he had discovered into a mountaineers knot. My boys absolutely loved it. Breakfast was cheap and filling, croissants and cereals for the boys, cooked breakfast for me. The cup of tea was dreadful and the juice sickly sweet. Piping hot shower in our room, shared lounge/kitchen if you wanted it. The block next to ours had a visiting rugby squad and I was worried we would be kept awake but the room was peaceful and quiet. So close to London and the Lea Valley had so much to discover and explore we just scratched the surface.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
yhalondonleevalley, Reception and Accommodation Manager at YHA London Lee Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Hi Leigh and Phil,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a wonderful review on our hostel.

Great to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and welcoming. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in the park.

I will pass on your comments about the tea and the juice to our Food and Beverage Department, but great to hear you enjoyed the rest of the breakfast.

We all hope to see you back again really soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Wonderful place to stay , beautiful self contained cottages. Beautiful and serene surroundings. Very near to the train station for a very short ride into London. Will definitely stay longer next time to explore the nature of Lee Valley. Great staff service during check-in and out.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with YHA (England & Wales)
yhalondonleevalley, other at YHA London Lee Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on our hostel. The Lee Valley Park is such an awesome area to explore either by bike or walking, so a few days are definitely needed next time.

Thank you again for leaving a review and we hope to see you again really soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I elected to stay here whilst cycling the complete length of the Lea Valley Way and wanted an affordable place to stay which was close enough to get into London in the evening.

The hostel ticked all of the above boxes and is located in a peaceful area with a train station just a few minutes away.

Friendly staff, bar and dining area with 24 hour reception and plenty of chill out space make up the main building.

Accommodation is in 5 lodges each consisting of 6 rooms per lodge. Each lodge has its own self catering kitchen/dining area and sofa with TV.

Dorm room I stayed in had ensuite showers and toilets with individual reading lamp and charging point at each bed.

All of this for £17 p/n represents great value.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with YHA (England & Wales)
yhalondonleevalley, General Manager at YHA London Lee Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Hi Gavin, Thank you for your wonderful review of our hostel. I cant add much more onto your comments other than to say THANK YOU. We really pride ourselves on our service and amenities, the location is an added bonus. I hope your cycle route went to plan.
Hopefully we will see you again soon - maybe for a relaxing visit next time (or as a base for another action packed adventure)
Thanks again