“Great shopping something for everyone ”
Review of The Bijou Box - CLOSED

The Bijou Box
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Great selection of in house made silver and gold jewellery. Could spend all day looking.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Definitely will be back!!

Date of experience: August 2016

Reviewed 6 August 2016

As the shop staff don't run the workshops, they weren't able to answer some of our questions to help us decide which course to select. At the workshop itself the accommodating tutor had plenty of examples, photos, advice and resources to help us choose an activity. As a group of 3 we had the luxury of being able to select different options without this being unmanageable. Although I have done some simple jewellery making before, I have never worked with silver. The tuition was good. I am delighted with my ring which turned out well and was fun to make.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 1 November 2015

2 St Elvan's Courtyard is now the home of Pennington and Pennington, Porthleven Jewellery Workshop who design and create bespoke jewellery. They have an excellent name and are popular with both locals and tourists. Worthy of a visit when in Porthleven.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 23 October 2014

Conveniently situated on the quay, I have visited on several occasions when on holiday in the area & bought various items. I love trying on the gorgeous individual pieces of jewellery: in fact it's like being a child at Christmas, not knowing what to look at first!

On this visit I bought a beaded bracelet, a turquoise ceramic frog & a multi coloured knitted hat. Service was warm & friendly & I wasn't made to feel rushed at all (well, apart from my husband waiting outside!)

A treasure trove & definitely worth a visit, although not on a Monday when they close.

Date of experience: October 2014