See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

The room was small but clean and had a tiny balcony on the main road which is quite busy with motorised bicycles and horse traffic. There are trucks on this island so it is not as quiet as the Smaller ones.
The bathroom was the tightest I have ever seen so that it was just big enough to fit one in the shower or on the loo. But if was clean.
Breakfast was very filling and enjoyable. Staff were friendly.

I booked this hotel through trip advisor and then Expedia. The price was a lot more than initially quoted (TA advertised $75 AUD via Expedia or bookings.com and that is what I would have paid directly at the hotel since this was the price they quoted on arrival ) and I ended up paying 72 euro for a room that was 45 euro or 150 TL as the currency changed on the last screen. If I had paid that it would have been good value. In short I'll never book through TA again. Not the fault of the hotel.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 1 August 2015

We spent about a week in this nice place. What can I say..this is a really perfect option where to stay if you are on Büyükada. Clean room, very good breakfast, quiet environment and so nice personal. We felt more like dear guests in someone's home than hotel's visitors. Pier and food center are just five minutes to walk. So - our best recommendations! Good value of quality and money!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Marina P
Reviewed 10 July 2015

We stayed for 2 nights in June at this Lovely Place.
We stayed at the top floor with a really great terrace.
Room was very clean and staff great and friendly.
A suspicion of mold in the bathroom is the only downmark...

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

The Gala Hotel is very neat, very well cleaned all day lang. The interior is white and a little bit kitsch.
Really nice people. We wanted to drink a beer and they went to get it for us.
Breakfast is very healthy.
Wifi is fantastic.
Only one person speaks English, that can be a challenge.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend booked this hotel as a surprise for me for our 3 nights on the island. He took one look at the decor & knew I'd love it!
We were welcomed by a friendly woman who checked us in & offered us a chilled lemonade (she could tell we were tired & sweaty from walking up the hill with our luggage!) which was a great welcome. The hotel is located around a 10 min walk from the ferry port & only a few mins downhill to the main square. The picnic park is a good 15-20 min walk & Luna Park around 30 (but we do walk quite fast!)

The room was small but clean, we did peek into the room opposite as it was being cleaned & it looked much more comfortable & bigger so I would recommend shelling out for a bigger room. Our room was fine however, just a bit on the small side. One thing was that the air con was a bit loud, which didn't bother me but it did my boyfriend.

Breakfast was great, the only place where we saw brown bread our entire trip! Warm hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers and pastries as well as tea and juices with cute crockery. There was also a water cooler just before the reception area, so we kept a plastic bottle & refilled it each day there instead of buying new ones.

Would happily stay again (in a bigger room!) if i came back to Buyukada :)

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple