All reviewscomfortable hotellunch serviceferry terminaltwo nightsbreakfast is servedterraceistanbulislandpoolsideescape
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my two nights here. Hotel was easy to locate, just away from the center so it felt quiet. Received a warm welcome, comfortable bed, lots of English TV. The pool area is nice & they offer lunch service poolside. Breakfast is served on the front terrace which gives a lovely view in the mornings. A few horse carriages park outside the hotel which could be a convenience. Staff was all attentive & helpful. I would definitely return to Ascot.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Hotel M, Genel Müdür at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear 'Karen, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Ascot Büyükada for accommodation need in Istanbul. I am glad to hear your recommendation and your positive comments. It makes us very proud to hear that you were satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Please be assured that I will pass your positive comments to our staff. They will be thrilled to know that their genuine care and hospitality doesn't go unnoticed. Looking forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Mesut Savucu General Manager.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We chose this hotel from a group of similarly priced alternatives. It is close to the centre (5 minutes walk from the ferry terminal) but not smack bang in the middle - so a little quieter.
The room was larger than we expected, very clean, and the double bed was comfortable. A nice balcony, that we didn't actually use to be honest, would have been excellent for having a little drink before going to bed.
The staff were friendly, but as we speak Turkish and know the island quite well we didn't really need to interact with them apart from booking in and out.
Breakfast was a tad disappointing - there was an egg based dish that had been waiting for too long - but I wouldn't let that get spoil an overall positive experience.
I would happily stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank philwestturkey
Hotel M, Genel Müdür at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Dear 'Philwest, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Ascot Büyükada for accommodation need in Istanbul. I am glad to hear your recommendation and your positive comments. It makes us very proud to hear that you were satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Please be assured that I will pass your positive comments to our staff. They will be thrilled to know that their genuine care and hospitality doesn't go unnoticed. Looking forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Mesut Savucu General Manager.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Clean, basic hotel. About a 5 minute walk up from the pier. Close to things, without being in the heart of it. At least one staff member speaks English. Friendly people. Helpful too. Asked how to get to St. George's monastery, and the English speaker took us out to the phaeton queue (right outside), got us sorted. It's 40TRY each way, btw, from the Ascot. Good simple breakfast included. For USD74, was well worth it (booked through Travelocity).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnDoe86
Hotel M, Genel Müdür at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear 'john, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Ascot Büyükada for accommodation need in Istanbul. I am glad to hear your recommendation and your positive comments. It makes us very proud to hear that you were satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Please be assured that I will pass your positive comments to our staff. They will be thrilled to know that their genuine care and hospitality doesn't go unnoticed. Looking forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Mesut Savucu General Manager.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

My husband and I visited this hotel for one night on our "mini-moon" after we were married. The room was quite comfortable and the location was perfect for our needs. It was far enough away from the horses so it didn't smell, and it was close enough to the water that it was easy to find our way around.

The staff was very nice and we had a great time.

Room Tip: Back facing rooms will be quieter, but the front facing rooms are quite nice for the view.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Genel Müdür at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Dear 'Finnalli, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Ascot Büyükada for accommodation need in Istanbul. I am glad to hear your recommendation and your positive comments. It makes us very proud to hear that you were satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Please be assured that I will pass your positive comments to our staff. They will be thrilled to know that their genuine care and hospitality doesn't go unnoticed. Looking forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Mesut Savucu General Manager.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

The staff was very friendly and charming. The breakfast was of good quality. The sauna can be used as a couple privately. The view was also very nice. The bathroom was clean. The room was maybe a bit small but this did not bother us.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Genel Müdür at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear 'John Smith, First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Ascot Büyükada for accommodation need in Istanbul. I am glad to hear your recommendation and your positive comments. It makes us very proud to hear that you were satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Please be assured that I will pass your positive comments to our staff. They will be thrilled to know that their genuine care and hospitality doesn't go unnoticed. Looking forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Mesut Savucu General Manager.