All reviewsnice hotelferry terminallunch servicetwo nightsbreakfast is servedterraceistanbulislandpoolsideescape
Reviewed 4 August 2015

The staff were quite friendly, and overall our experience was pleasant.

+ Rooms had AC which were a huge plus as this is not to be taken for granted on the island.
+ Rooms clean in general and wifi worked well
+ Pleasant to be able to have breakfast outdoors on the terrace
+ Nice clean pool that's of a decent size - big plus if you would rather not make a trek to a beach/seaside

- Bathroom leaked and could have been cleaner
- Bathroom lacked ventilation
- Breakfast was quite average and food offered did not seem too fresh. Presentation of food could also have been better.
- Hotel in general lacked a bit of warmth and character
- Room we stayed in had a funny noise that was constantly going - we were probably next to a machine room or something (did not enquire further)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Hotel M, Genel Müdür at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Dear Laura Y,

We thank you for this constructive comment. I will personally look after the points you mentioned. We hope to see you back in Ascot Hotel.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

We visited the Ascot Hotel last week for four nights, after spending our first four nights in Istanbul city. The reason we picked it over other hotels on Buyukada was for the pool, and it was definitely required in the heat!

We paid a little more for an upgraded room, and I'm glad we did for the balcony alone - we had a view over the front of the hotel right out to the sea and Istanbul beyond, it was stunning. However, the room itself was absolutely tiny! There was just enough space for the bed, with very limited storage. However, we made do (my partner just kept his suitcase and clothes/etc on the floor on his side of the bed and I used the wardrobe which had a generous *3* hangers). The decor in the room - and the hotel as a whole, really - was more "style over substance" - for example our shower cubicle was very flimsy, and the doors didn't join together when closed.

The location of the hotel was very good for exploring the main town in Buyukada - it's not that big, so there's no "bad place" to be, really. The staff were all friendly and helpful, with flawless English (we did try and pick up some local language early on when staying in Istanbul but any attempts were met with blank stares!)

The breakfasts were sufficient, with a selection of breads, cheeses and meats daily, as well as cereal, though fresh fruit was only served on one of the three mornings (just cherries). We had room service on one night when we felt like a night in - cheeseburgers, fries etc and it was fine, greasy - just what we fancied! The pool was clean with enough loungers and umbrellas for each guest, and staff always on hand for any needs.

I would recommend this hotel, and I would stay here again - if we could guarantee a larger room!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Samigiraff,

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your time to write all these nice comments.
We hope to welcome you back in Ascot Hotel

Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in Ascot hotel due to best hospitality of hotels personel especially Mr "Darya" who kindly help the guests to enjoy their stays.breakefast was good and pool has clean water. Actually the room we accomodated in the first day was too small and dark , but the reception changed our room for next day, so try not to enter to room no 101 , other rooms were acceptable

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Genel Müdür at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2015

Dear Mr. Hamed,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for you nice comment.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

This hotel is very nice and relaxing! The breakfast was nice and there are really nice features to this hotel, such as the pool and sauna! The staff are very friendly and helpful! The location is very central, close to lots of restaurants and the dock. I would definitely recommend this place but my only complaint is that there were some stains on the walls and ceiling (I'm easily creeped out!). I would warn you that there is not much to do on this island and the beaches are not desirable, in my opinion, so if you are set on visiting Buyukada, stay at this hotel for the pool and it's location! Thanks for a great visit!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Hotel M, Genel Müdür at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2015

Dear NATALIE P,

First of I would like to thank you for your constructive comment and nice points on the staff, breakfast, location and pool.

We hope to welcome you in near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2015

We slept two nights at this hotel. To relax from the hectic Istanbul. And the place lived up to our expectations. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the center on the mainroad. It's nice and quiet, clean and neat. And the pool area is quite fine. The service is good, and the staff is helpful. So I would choose the hotel again if I were to come back to the island.

tip: there is parking of horse-drawn carriages on the road outside the hotel. So instead of waiting in long queues in the city, for a coach, you can get on here. It is much faster.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Genel Müdür at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Dear pegevang,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.