“Once in a lifetime experience!”

Cappadocia Estates Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mustafapasa
Reviewed 28 November 2017

This beautifully designed hotel was a dream come true. Having stayed at hotels around the world, this one stands out as one of my top 10, due to its ambience, location, design, and quaintness. My wife and I happened to be the only guests in late November, arriving late to a beautiful cave room tucked into the Cappadocian Cliffside. While it was cool outside, the heated floor and a glass of raki was a perfect ending to a long journey. The room was spacious and well appointed with nooks built into the cave walls. The bathroom was quite large with a spa (unfortunately, it was broken the night we stayed) and large shower and well appointed sink area. Breakfast was served in another cave room and included a nice selection of choices as well as eggs cooked as you like them. The only downside is low light from windows as there are almost none. But it is truly a cool experience for several nights. Also, there is a wonderful restaurant for dinners at the end of the entry drive run by a nice family in Mustafapasa, the local town. This is worth a detour, but that is unnecessary if you are coming to Cappadocia to see the Gerome Open Air Museum or to fly among 50-130 balloons at dawn. We were fortunate to have about 130 balloons the day we went up.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

About to check out, after 2 too short nights at the Cappadocia Estates Hotels. Very simply put. Book a cave suite here. Why?

1. The service is excellent. I was regular emailing back and forth with Yunus, the manager, who helped me plan my trip, providing me with a variety of options for transportation, balloon tours, and bus tours.

2. Yunus asked me what time we would like breakfast the next morning. When we descended into the beautiful cave breakfast hall, we found out why. On the table, was the most amazing breakfast spread, waiting for us to try. Reality is we are all creatures of habit. So 70% of the food on the table I may not have tried if I had to choose myself. I would have missed out. It was probably the best breakfast spread I've ever had. Freshly baked bread, 3 different types of jams (produced from their garden), freshly hatched eggs, fruit, mezes, cheeses, and on and on and on. What a way to start the day.

3. The attention to detail in the rooms. See some of the photos I uploaded. Great taste. I need to hire them to interior design my home. In fact, I asked where they procured their lamps, and found they are custom made. Other details are historic retro finishes of shelves and cupboards that I believe are hundreds of years old.

4. The size of the deluxe cave room. Huge. My kids loved staying in a cave suite. And so so cool.. literally on a hot summer day.

5. the town. Yes, there are many options for high end Cave boutique hotels. But I don't think any can give you the experience of being off the grid like this. The town of Mustapasa feels like its trapped in time. Rural. Quiet. Family. We would walk down the streets for dinner, totally carefree and relaxed.

6. Lastly, we got lucky. We literally were treated like family. Our family made friends with a local family, whom we learned were actually part owners of the hotel. My kids LOVED playing soccer in the streets (super safe), picking mulberries and eating them, getting freshly hatched eggs from the chicken coop, and star gazing using their telescope. We literally saw Jupiter and Saturn. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Obviously the last paragraph was special for us, but all the other highlights can be experienced by you. Book it! We learned about this hotel from Sirkeci Mansion in Istanbul, where we also had a great experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank IftikharKhan
Yunus Y, Yönetici at Cappadocia Estates Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Iftikhar Khan,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
Kind Regards,
Yunus

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

a small world outside the world..all the modern amenities..decent but good breakfast..manager is very helpful and guide u the best.it is isolated yet connected so well with the main center..normal taxi services available till late night

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Yunus Y, Yönetici at Cappadocia Estates Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Kang,

Thank you very much for your kind recommend.
It was a delight hosting you.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

The rooms were spacious; the staff was helpful and friendly; the food was amazing. Our family of five loved every minute at this hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I didn't think I could be this comfortable sleeping in a cave, but the cave atmosphere just added to the experience.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We stayed here 3 nights. We loved it! My three kids loved exploring the neighboring caves. The rooms were awesome, and the breakfast amazing. The team at this hotel was very kind and helpful. They helped us book tours, did our laundry, and made sure were were having a great time. We experienced Turkey at its best! We loved it.

Room Tip: the hotel is built into a cave! we loved it! excellent location! excellent price! excellent experie...