“Great value hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Northumberland
“Great value hotel”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Have just returned from a 4 night break at the Caprici Verdi. At first my wife and I thought we'd made a mistake because although we are not young the average age of the other clients seemed about 75, so we thought the entertainment would be a bit dodgy. Couldn't have been more wrong - everyone was up dancing and was extremely polite and friendly. We seemed to be the only Brits, but the staff & other guests did not make us feel the odd ones out all.
The rooms were very clean and well appointed, the food was varied and although there was the odd thing that wouldn't suit the English taste (paella with snails), there was always at least two or three things that were really nice.
The resort was really good, although the Caprici is definitely at the better end and the Mercury next door also looks a good bet. The station is just across the road so you could do this hotel from Barca airport by public transport.
Overall, a really good hotel and a nice little resort. Good weather too, but obviously in March it wasn't loungers on the beach - but very nice to sit outside for a drink and watch the world go by.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor & ask for sea view, and you should get the sunset on your balcony.
Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed 9 March 2012

visted this hotel for 7 days. very good location near the train station. the food was great.
the room was big with 2 beds and clean. will visit again for sure... the TV is very small.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ShayHarel
Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My husband and I had been planning to go to Barcelona for quite a long time, so when the agency offered us a Costa Brava break we didn't hesitate much. Due to some strange reservation system, we only knew that we were going to stay at the Caprici Verd only two days before we actually arrived there. Since we had had so much to do at work, we didn't manage to do our usual research, we only found out that the station was opposite the hotel and off we went!
We arrived at the hotel much later than expected but still they offered us dinner and this is what made me love them so much in the first place! At that time of the year the hotel was full of elderly people mainly from Spain and France and /believe it or not/ young Russian or Ukranian ladies, no husbands. It looked like the elderly at least were having the time of their life. No animation for us - not that we needed it, but there was all kind of entertainment for them.
Our room was on the 6th /as far as I can remember/ floor and it had a double bed and a single bed, quite spacious, with a bath and there WAS shampoo. Someone in the previous reviews mentioned that there was no shampoo. It was cleaned every day.
The station really WAS opposite the hotel but in the mornings there were such long queues that we once missed a train, which made my husband go and buy the train tickets before breakfast.
The food was great, I can only regret that for some reason the travel agent had booked meals withour wine or beer and we had to pay for this separately. As it was April, we couldn't sunbathe but we fully enjoyed the indoor swimming pool. We were made to buy swimmimg caps, though. Of course, with our aim being Barcelona, we went there 4 days out of 6 and enjoyed it a lot. The people at the reception provided us with packed lunch, which we had to order the evening before. There were three options - regular, vegetarian and children's menu with a small bottle of mineral water. The train journey was really picturesque following the coastline, the trains were clean and went directly to Plaza de Catalunya.
I would like to go to the Caprici Verd in the summer as I think it will be even greater. The question is - will we be able to afford it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Mir929
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My review is mainly based on service and atmosphere.Having read reviews before I left regarding not many British visitors using this hotel, I was looking forward to it. I lived in Spain for 14 months two years ago,so I wanted a good standard hotel with lots of foriegn visitors to speak with and hopefully some Spanish children for my daughter to play with.We arrived early afternoon, and on entering the hotel we were faced with the most unfriendly lady on the reception desk.I attempted to speak a little Spanish, explaining I only spoke basic anyway, to find she ranted in fast Spanish and got very upset, telling me 'English or Spanish'? which is it?!!!!!.I apologised (in Spanish!)asking her to speak English, and she ran through the details at a speed which was impossible to follow even in English!I had obviously upset her for some reason,I would have made an allowance if there was a queue of people behind me, but we were the only ones off the coach, and also in the reception. However,having found our room with no help from her, I thought perhaps things would improve the next day, but im afraid not....no greeting, no smile, and very hostile to say the least.We felt extremely uncomfortable whenever we had to approach reception, which was quite alot as having booked with Alpha rooms, there is no info given or rep to ask any questions you may have regarding the hotel or resort.Like can we have a pool towel,where is the mini club,is it open? where is the Tues market situated.Common questions I guess.Unfortunately for my seven year old daughter, the animation was not open, most guests were sixty plus, and the 'live music' in the evening accomodated them and not even my mum (who is a young 62 year old).We still thought ok, room was great (two big double beds, with fab balcony and sea view)and breakfast and dinner was quite nice, so we thought we can find another hotel that has entertainment for the three of us.That was the Onabrava (2 hotels down) and thank god we did, as it was night and day, with very friendly staff, who want to please you and make you feel welcome.For £15 more per week for 2 adults and a child, I wished I had booked the Onabrava (which I was going to do, but decided the indoor pool looked great in the Caprici Verd, which it was).There was also a mix up with my transfer with resort hoppa as there is a Hotel Caprici also, and they tried to drop us there first.Not a problem as I knew it was wrong from the photo i'd seen, and we were taken straight to the verd.For the return tranfer we were to receive a fax from Resort hoppa 48 hours before,confirming our pick up time.No fax came, and I asked reception 4 times previous if it had arrived.The 'man' on reception (who I was glad to see) told me to come back and check one more time, and then he would call them to ask.When i returned that afternoon, a different lady told me she would not call, that I had to sort it myself.I had had enough of their lack of service by now, and I asked her in a very stern manner to call for me, as it was a Spanish tel no.When she reluctantly agreed to call, it was just as well, as the fax was sent to the other hotel.It took her less than 30 seconds to confirm for me.One more comment to make: mini disco every night and daytime club open all day (even though it's the end of th season), great Flamenco, Magic and Goucho shows that were superb and catered for all ages.Please, if a nice atmosphere is important to your holiday, in my opinion, do not book this hotel, unless you are fluent Spanish, Dutch or French!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank tracybrooke
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We have stayed at the Caprici Verde on three previous occasions and nearby hotels many more times.
On this visit this hotel continues to offer true four star value in accommodation, food and facilities and is our favourite. It is positioned opposite Sant Susana Train Station where the wonderfully cheap and punctual railway trains run every half an hour. There are also small, large buses, and taxis which can transport you in every direction. The usual Spanish road train also passes the hotel. You can travel from Barcelona Airport by train changing at Barcelona Saints or Arenas Clot for the princely sum of £3.50 single, takes about an hour for the 23 stops,.
Santa Susana is a laid back type of place, modern and for the older holiday tourist, it is located adjacent to Malgrat which is more seasoned in age and contains the odd worthwhile restaurant. Several good restaurants, usually associated with large Hotels are present and there is at least two British Pubs within walking distance if preferred. The staff, and rooms are excellent and the pool, sunbeds and seating is first class, prices in the bar are wholly reasonable and the restaurant serves a wide range of food to high standard. Both BBC, ITV and CNN are on the tv's in the rooms for those that like to keep in touch.
Our contrary comments would be, that the Hotel is positioned at the edge of Santa Susana from the centre and mealtime queues can develop while you wait to be taken to your table. Don't let that deter you, the Caprici Verde is a lovely Hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrades offering all sorts of advantages are available at the moment.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple