“Will not be disappointed”

Review of Sa Llum [Garbi]

apartment overlooking spacious pool, gardens, mountains and sea
light spacious sitting room with french windows to terrace light and spacious and elegant dining area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
apartment overlooking spacious pool, gardens, mountains and sea
light spacious sitting room with french windows to terrace
light and spacious and elegant dining area
elegant and cosy sitting room at night
sunny furnished terrace with lovely views
Bed 1 with King sized bed, fitted wardrobes, bedside chests, lamps, elegant ornate mirrors
spacious newly fitted kitchen with integrated dishwasher, fridge/freezer, induction hob, oven/grill
Spacious newly fitted kitchen /appliances with solid wood worktops lots of storage
relaxing sunchairs on far side of quiet private terrace
large pool with sun terraces, lawns, beautiful gardens with mature trees
far reaching views from side windows/terrace over tennis courts
beautiful gardens - pathways/steps leading down to beach,harbour and restuarants
views of the bay through mature trees by the pool
elegant pool with sunny sitting alcoves, sun terraces,steps and shallow end
spacious private terrace surrounded by mature trees
swimming pool and gardens and big blue skies!
cosy relaxing chair in sitting room
1st floor apartment with pots of flowers on the balcony overlooking the pool and gardens
calm relaxing sitting room with 2 sofas and chairs
sunchairs and flowers on the private terrace
elegant bathroom fixtures and fittings in newly refurbished bathroom and shower room
Bed 2 with superking or twin beds, fitted wardrobes, bedside chests, lamps, mirrors, cupboards
Bedroom No 3 with superking or twin beds, fitted wardrobes, bedside chests lamps, mirror
cosy bed 4 with twin beds - ideal for children/singles
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
narn
tunbridge wells
“Will not be disappointed”
Reviewed 2 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I have been visiting Llafranc for over 30 years and was looking for a rental for my family. You need look no further this rental has it all. Good condition throughout and has a very homely feel. Lovely terrace and very relaxing.
Yes it is a steep climb for 10 minutes from the beach, but that is what makes Llafranc so beautiful and if my husband and I in our 70's can manage it, should be no problem for a young family.

Travelling group: Young Children
jc76
Cambridge, UK
“Wonderful, did not want to leave.”
Reviewed 1 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Spent a very happy week here. The apartment is in a lovely quiet complex in a great location on one side of the town, with a very short walk to the beach, local shops, cafes and restaurants. The apartment it’s self is very well equipped with a lovely kitchen/dining room area and good sized balcony with views of the pool and ocean. Perfect for sitting out and enjoying the gorgeous weather. A couple of the bedrooms are slightly on the small size, with limited cupboard space, but overall perfectly fine for children or families. Parking, which seems to be a huge issue on the narrow streets of the town, is available, but limited.

Owner was very helpful, prompt in replying and happy to provide information on the apartment and local area and was very easy to deal with. Likewise the onsite agent was also very helpful, he even drove up to the complex ahead of us so we could follow and he could show us the way.

Overall we were looking for a reasonably priced apartment suitable for several members of the family. This one definitely fitted the bill. There was plenty of room for us all to relax and to even invite friends over. I have no hesitation in recommending both the apartment and the location.

Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
LozzaJLon...
London
“Nice place, some teething issues”
Reviewed 19 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We stayed in the apartment for a week in June with our two small children. The grounds are immaculately kept, with a lovely pool and gardens. The kitchen is very modern, as are the bathrooms, and the bedrooms are nicely furnished/decorated as per the pictures. The owners fitted us in at relatively short notice, and were good at responding to messages. Llafranc is an amazing beach location (although note the apartment is quite a steep walk from the beach if you're with small children)

There were some issues though with settling in. The travel cot hadn't been set up (and took a while to find), and generally there was no access to spare bedding which makes life a little complicated with small people. Also the agency hadn't cleaned/set up one of the bedrooms, meaning we didn't actually have access to the full 4 bedrooms advertised (instead the 4th room was used as a store for old radiators and fans). They had tried to second guess which of the rooms we would use, which was a little impractical.

The apartment would benefit from some basic kitchen supplies such as oil/salt/sugar (annoying to buy these for a stay of a few days). There is also no wifi, which is VERY surprising for a holiday rental in this price bracket in 2016, and means unfortunately spending a fortune on mobile bills.

Overall it's a lovely flat and great grounds, but the issues listed above meant me giving it 4 stars instead of 5.

Management Response
14 Sep 2016
I am so pleased that you enjoyed staying at my apartment - but sorry you had some little 'teething issues'. I was unaware of these until I saw your review - I always mention to guests to contact my agent or myself immediately if they need anything or assistance or help whilst staying at my apartment so that we can hopefully address any issues quickly for guests.

My agents , Cesar and Virginia, in Llafranc will always happily provide additional linens etc for guests if requested [???] and will make up any / all of the 4 bedrooms as requested - but they do usually only make up the number of beds for the number of guests staying - unless otherwise requested.

The cot is provided [at no extra cost] and would usually be made up ready for you - so I am very sorry if this was not the case and I have spoken to my agent accordingly.

The 4th bedroom is also always available for guests use - the fans had just been stored in there whilst not in use - but they can just as easily be placed in each bedroom. All the bedrooms are cleaned thoroughly between lettings - but not all made up. I am sorry for any confusion here - and I will now always ask guests which rooms they prefer to use to hopefully avoid this issue in the future .

With regards to your comments about the 'basic kitchen supplies' - the kitchen cupboards / fridge / freezer must always be completely emptied and cleaned thoroughly between lettings to ensure high standards of hygiene and health and safety - and any/all foodstuffs are discarded - and guests purchase their own choice of fresh foodstuffs upon arrival [including oil/salt/vinegar] - which I think is usual for holiday rentals? However I appreciate your comments and will investigate this issue with my agent for the future and see if we can possibly resource small individual sachets etc for guests use. N.B. Toilet rolls and handwash soap, and bin bags etc are always provided.

WIFI is not available at the apartment at the moment - but my guests usually use their own mobile phone providers bolt-on service for a little extra cost [as is usually the case if WIFI is available?] - additionally I would mention that my agent is happy for guests to go to his office and use his WIFI and also print off boarding passes etc. WIFI availability for guests is being investigated for the future. There is also free WIFI in most cafes, bars, restaurants and hotels in Llafranc.

The apartment in situated up the hill, or steps, from the beach as mentioned on my website - Llafranc is a rather hilly location which makes it soo pretty! However I do usually mention to guests with small children, or elderley family members, that the stone steps down to the beach / harbour will probably be too much of a challenge but that the pathway down / up the hill is usually fine - and indeed many guests with small children have confirmed this back to me after their holidays - so I do hope this wasn't too much of a problem for you and your children. The apartment has proved very popular with families with young children over the past few years - who have all enjoyed the location and facilities at the apartment. [ see other reviews]

I do hope that the above comments are of assistance. In conclusion I am so glad that you felt that my apartment is lovely, has great immaculate grounds and pool, and is situated in an amazing beach location and I am pleased that you all had a lovely holiday - sorry again about the little' teething issues' - but I do hope that you may forgive these and return again soon - experience none - and feel happy to give me my usual 5 stars next time! ;)

Kindest regards - Maggie
davey5678
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely, relaxing and totally old style Spain”
Reviewed 31 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Loved staying at Llafranc - it is one of the most beautiful parts of Spain and not a skyscraper in sight! Even in October the sea was warm and the sky was blue - and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Even the rain had the decency to only appear at night.

The apartment is set on a hill overlooking Llafranc and through the trees at various angles you get lovely glimpses of blue seas, golden sands and well designed Spanish buildings and villas. Its only a 5 minute walk to the sea and harbour. We hired a car and so we were less than an hour away from a whole heap of stuff to do - everything from watching the boats come in at Palamos to exploring the ancient Greek and Roman ruins to the north.

There is a great pool and the apartments when we were there were mainly occupied by Spanish families.

The apartment is beautifully decorated and the kitchen generously equipped - and with an outside and inside table we pretty much cooked every night and enjoyed long relaxing dinners and breakfasts. Aldi and Lidl are only a 10 minute drive away and we cooked everything from Spanish Omlettes to chicken and chorizo stew. The bedrooms were very well prepared with fresh towels and linen provided and the local agent was on hand if we needed anything. However Maggie seemed to be always instantly on hand via text.

We got a bit lost on the way to the apartment for various reasons - Google sat nav takes you on a weird route coming into the back of Llafranc and then when you get there we have a maze of one way streets and no obvious sign posting or apartment names. Maggies instructions are to see the agent in the centre of Llafranc who will take you there for the first time, I recommend following these instrcution rather than ignoring her like we did.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The generous facilities in the apartment including books to read and DVDs to play - and the well equipped kitchen
Liked least: Leaving
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
Paul H
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Llafranc, Sa Llum and Maggie are all excellent”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

This was our first time with Holiday Lettings and I must echo all the other 5/5 reviews as to how good it was dealing with Maggie. With a party of 8 adults and 1 teenager, there was always going to be different ideas as to what constitutes a good holiday but we can vouch the resort, complex and apartment are all first class. If you like the images of the apartment and resort then you will love your holiday. This was my third and best visit to Llafranc. The previous two were 25 years ago and the resort remains a very special place. For a week's holiday you really do not need to stray far from the locality but if you feel adventurous, I would recommend a day out exploring the nearby medieval towns such as Pals. I'm not a 110% type of guy but this really is 5/5.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Holiday got better with each day
Liked least: Coming home
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing