1,071 results
All reviewsgolf del surpool areasan blasmobility problemson site restaurantreception staffdvd playerirish barself cateringcoffee makerwelcome packapartment was cleanwater aerobicsceiling fanclose to the airportwelcome meetingquiet resort
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Stated in an Infinity Suite as a solo traveller on a timeshare exchange.
Located close to many restaurants. Parking is on the street or several nearby lots.
Spacious apartments with 2 patios (one facing the pool, one facing the opposite side of the resort)
Wifi was not working in the rooms while I was there (early January 2018) - you had to come to the reception to use Wifi.
There is a 15 Euro fee to use the in-room safe (ridiculous, considering the many warnings to ensure that the multiple entrances to each suite are properly locked and closed)
Suites are generally clean- but I had to call maintenance to remove 2 roaches from my ground-floor suite. The maintenance person arrived quickly and also sprayed my suite entrances. But the next day I found 2 more roaches - when I called again, I was told no one could come until the next day. I waited until 11am the next day, and no one came - so I removed them myself.
The person who checked me in really didn't seem to care and was very dismissive, like I was wasting her time (something I've noticed very consistently with how solo travellers are treated in the Canaries). She gave me the absolute minimal amount of information. The map she marked with a route to my room was actually impossible to do. No Wifi or parking info (I asked about Parking, forgot to ask about Wifi), nothing about the safe or excursions or resort programs.
I came back the next morning and listened to other people being checked in to get all the information I didn't get.

It can get loud if you have a suite facing the back road - there are garbage bins there that are emptied on a regular basis by trucks. There are also planed flying directly overhead all day (not overnight). The TFS airport is within 10minutes, TFN is about an hour away by highway.
You get used to the noise.
There is a self-serve laundry on site.
Not sure I would have chosen to stay here if it wasn't for the Timeshare.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms will have less pool and street noise but potential for more airplane noise. There are a lot of stairs at this resort.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
MGM_Muthu_Hotels, Gerente at Muthu Royal Park Albatros, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We were most concerned to read your remarks on the service you experienced whilst staying among us , mostly because your

comments do not reflect the usual standard of service we strive to ensure for our guests, nevertheless please be assured that your

review will be shared with our heads of departments.

The wifi issue has been sorted out and we have wifi in all rooms now.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Superior apartment was definitely worth the extra expense. Spacious and well-equipped, and with a balcony large enough for 2 sun loungers and a table for 4. Balconies all had a view either of pool, harbour, or both. Only criticism was lack of WiFi in rooms or at pool. It was only possible to connect in main reception area, or while dining elsewhere. Also, the on site shop next to reception was very poorly stocked. That said, there were several other supermarkets within a 10 minute walk. Staff were all extremely helpful and pleasant.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cindy186533
MGM_Muthu_Hotels, Director General at Muthu Royal Park Albatros, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff and resort.

We have sorted out our Wifi in the rooms and are providing now free wifi with a very good speed.

Once again thank you so much for visiting the Muthu Royal Parque Albatros and taking the time to share your experience with us and our viewers.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

The Park Albatros is in an idyllic location on the Golf del Sur, within 10 minutes of the airport by car or 20 minutes using the TITSA 415 which runs hourly. Although under the flightpath, the noise is minimal. The type and standard of the accommodation differs depending on who you book with as there are private, timeshare and company owned units. The resort is dominated by the distinctive pool, with apartments ascending from here to the main reception. Expect to encounter numerous steps, but lifts are available (and more planned) to make moving around easier. The sub-tropical landscaping is well maintained, as is the pool and all public areas. Cleaning and maintenance staff can always be seen from early in the morning. There is a continuing programme of improvements and upgrading of apartments. Reception, cleaning and maintenance staff are always pleasant and polite. The 'jury is out' on the Pool Bar, which serves a very good 'cooked to order' breakfast from 9am, but where I found other food offerings disappointing. It appears to be understaffed, although Jesus was exceptionally hardworking and pleasant at all times. An earlier buffet breakfast (from 8am) and other buffet meals can be taken at the sister hotel, Golf Plaza, next door and the standard of both food and service there was most acceptable. This resort is less 'clinical' than many and has a charm and atmosphere that encourages many guests to return on a regular basis with the experience being enhanced by the helpful, friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
6  Thank Timski4u
MGM_Muthu_Hotels, General Manager at Muthu Royal Park Albatros, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Guest

On behalf of all the staff of Royal Park Albatros, we would like to thank you for leaving these great comments and score regarding your holidays with us.

Once again we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and it´s a pleasure to count with your visit once again in the near future to make it even better.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We booked superior apartment through Travel republic, frankly it was not superior other than the view of the pool. We asked for a lower floor room and our room was actually on the top floor (4th floor, not even an attempt to compromise). We received a visit from Elaine from guest services, asked why we didn't come to the welcome meeting (that would be because we were not invited to it) she really wasn't interested in the fact the sofa bed was broken, the TV didn't work properly or that the night before we received a phone call from reception to complain about the noise from our apartment when the noise was actually coming from a different apartment, I was sleeping and my husband was watching football on his phone (as the TV didn't work). Her main aim was to arrange an appointment with Andy the holiday timeshare rep. The opportunity of a spa voucher seemed reasonable reward, until wasting 2 and a half hours being buttered up. Once Andy was told we would not be making a decision to sign up for a £4k holiday package we were dispensed with. We didn't have time to use the spa voucher and actually Andy asked us if we really wanted to bother with the offer, he didn't even know what the gift was supposed to be. Nothing else was offered for having wasted our time for 2 1/2 hours. Don't be sucked in by 'guest services' you will never get those 2 1/2 hours back from your holiday and yes Andy is a sales man, a nice one, but a sales man at the end of the day and despite his protest he does go for the hard sell, yes it is a hard sell. Really this is just a timeshare with a different name. What was on offer sounded very glamorous but if you have £4k to spend I doubt you would be using travel republic in the first place. MGM are a big company and should not be resorting to this sort of hard selling, perhaps if they took the time to actually listen to holiday makers and improve the standard of all accommodation there would be little need for these types of reviews. It's quite insulting to guests to tell them basically you are a mug for booking this resort with other companies because the accommodation is not good and if you pay us more directly we will give you better accommodation, pretty poor show really. Do yourself a favour when 'guest services' appear at your door, tell them to go away unless they are there to discuss the accommodation or holiday you are actually on at the time.

Room Tip: dont bother with superior rooms, all the rooms are pretty basic and dont offer the quality you would expect from superior rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ruarismith

Dear Guest

On behalf of all the staff in Muthu Royal Park Albatros, we thank you for taking your time in leaving your comments in regards to your stay with us.

We would like to apoligize for all the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay, these comments are important to us and will be passed to the sales department as well.

In regards to the request of being on a ground floor, we never received this request, otherwise we always do our best to accomplish them, you might have passed the request to your agency but did not come through our system.

Once again we apologize for all the inconveniences and we would like to invite you for a next stay and we assure it will be much better.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

First time we have stayed at this complex. The room we booked privately through Airbnb and was very happy with it. The pool bar has recently been taken over and I can definitely recommend their English breakfast. Drinks and food were reasonably priced and the owner of the bar was lovely to talk to. The complex has a lot of stairs but there are lifts scattered around. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone we severe disabilities as it's not the easiest place to get around. It is in a good location for the local buses and for the Sunday market and near to the front where the marina is.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 345debrab
MGM_Muthu_Hotels, Director General at Muthu Royal Park Albatros, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for visiting our complex and taking the time to share your experience with us and our viewers.

Kind Regards,