I stayed at the hotel with my family from 1st June for one week and we had a really lovely holiday. Ideally, I would give this hotel 4 and a half stars, knocking off half a star because we felt that it was not really a 5* but a very good 4*. The reasons for this were:
- no tea/coffee facilities in room or free minibar;
- no iron or ironing board in rooms provided as standard but we phoned and asked for one and got one straight away;
- ready made sangria out of a carton;
- disposable plastic cups around the pool apart from unless you order a gin and tonic - all other cocktails in a disposable plastic glass;
- a school party of children turned up to stay.. when have school children in the UK ever been taken on a trip to stay at a 5* hotel? They didn’t bother us but a few complaints from other guests meant that they closed off the adults only pool to accommodate the children taking them away from the rest of the guests. I wouldn’t have been happy if I was on my honeymoon wanting to use the adults only pool;
- a couple of minor issues with the room, e.g. air conditioning not working properly, shower room flooding but when reported to reception they were fixed promptly.
However, we had a great holiday here. We chose it because it was close to the airport and only a 5 minute transfer (my 3 yr old's first trip abroad). The aeroplanes didn't bother us. The rooms were lovely and modern and we had a room over looking the boating lake which was so peaceful. We had requested and were given a interconnecting room with my parents that was near to the restaurant as my Mum's mobility is limited. I am SO glad we requested this as she would have struggled to walk any further to the restaurant and pool. The only downside was that we were far away from the main bar so when we had pre-dinner drinks she would struggle to walk (about 5 minutes) to the restaurant.
The staff were very friendly and made a fuss of my 3 year old, which he loved. The food was good and there was plenty to choose from every day. There was always pasta cooked to order with a choice of sauces so my son was happy. Yes, sometimes the eggs were cold at breakfast but if you ask one of the staff they happily cook you a fresh egg. I liked the freshly cooked pancakes for breakfast with chocolate sauce, honey and cream, yes, I put on 4lbs! Surprisingly, the desserts were quite nice. Usually when I go abroad I stick to ice-cream because the desserts are never that great but I enjoyed quite a few here, hence putting on weight! The a la carte was a bit disappointing with regards to the food and the rushed service (not enough time left between courses). Also, please note that at the main bar they don't advertise that you can have nuts with your drinks but you can so if you want them ask for them.
We found that the heated pool looking out at the sea was the best. The man who ran the aqua-aerobics was hilarious which made me join in. The beach was empty as it was large pebbles and a bit of a drop to the sea. The beach bar was closed. We took a walk out of the hotel to the nearest town and wish we hadn't bothered as it was a bit run down. So, all in all, the location wasn't great but we knew that when we booked it. The preference for us was to have a good hotel with a short coach transfer which is what we got and the whole holiday ran smoothly. So, if you are reading this review because you have booked to stay here, please don't worry about the bad reviews, you will really have a lovely time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife/San Miguel De Abona