A very good standard hotel overlooking a wonderful beach.
The rooms were large and comfy and appeared to all offer a sea view and balcony. We were in block 1 the furthest away which meant we had to walk an extra minute...big deal! Being built on the side of a cliff there is not much by way of gardens or lawns but this is very much a sun worshippers retreat. Two pools on different levels, plenty of terrace area for sunbathing although we we went before the children break up so not sure how busy this place can get then? Always found sunbeds although wasn't fussy as to which level I went to. Both have bars and food. Infinity pool did suffer from early morning 'towel syndrome' and can't blame any particular nationality for this.
Good friendly staff, had no problems getting served by the Waiters or simply going to the bar. The hotel also offer room service and will tick many of the boxes for people who expect this type of service.
Food was a little disappointing. My girlfriend is a very fussy vegetarian who does doesnt like salads so she struggled with some of the foods. Not much other choice or any vegetarian meals as such. For me, whilst the quantity and choice was good I found some of the food very lukewarm especially breakfast until I found a microwave tucked in the corner. I'm not a fussy eater but do the like my food hot. We went AI so I can't really complain too much as they had everything you could wish for?
Other facilities, such as the spa was very good and free wifi in the lobby and restaurant (which should be a norm nowadays) were all greatly appreciated.
Overall, I enjoyed this holiday, Monarch airlines messed up our prebooked seats but that shouldn't take anything away from this hotel. Definitely would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200 meters from Playa de Amadores, on the Costa de Mogan, the Gloria Palace Hotel Royal & Spa is a four-star superior establishment built in 2008 with natural stone, privileged views over Amadores beach, spectacular never-ending pool, exclusive rooms and executive suites. Its dedicated service, luxurious surroundings and breathtaking views makes it the most prestigious hotel in the area. Our goal is to provide our customers with a place to enjoy a calm, relaxing, caring and personalized service from our team of professionals. The extensive facilities are designed and decorated with exquisite taste, to convey a feeling of exclusivity and luxury to enjoy the deserved vacations. A hotel for all, from romantic getaways to business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel Puerto Rico
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel And Spa
- Dunas Amadores
- Hotel Dunas Amadores
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria