3,734 results
All reviews infinity pool select suite boat yard self catering nautical theme deluxe suite watch the boats gran canaria half board kids club lovely hotel floor overlooking buffet style reception staff glass of champagne higher floor pool towels
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a week in marina suites and couldn't wait as we'd enjoyed last year so much.

The room was perfect and still enjoyed the champagne on arrival - it's a lovely touch.

The food at lunch time in the Atlantic bar was excellent again and we ate there 4 out of 7 days. Never had a bad meal there. Although avoid the marina fries as menu says melted cheese but it tastes like its from a squeeze tube. Everything else amazing though. Pizza excellent. Lovely omlettes. Sandwiches and all well priced and good portion sizes.

The bar staff in the evening are also lovely especially Irina who remembered us and made us feel welcome.

The bad points are lack of sunbeds. The day beds at the back in the shade are excellent for us as we have a toddler who needs a bit of shade but all we're reserved all day but didn't have anyone on them. One family reserved one all day as well as having sun loungers round the baby pool and they didn't use the day beds at all. This is unfair and something should be done about this.

Another bad point was the timing of the room cleaning as it seemed to be after 4pm when we'd just put our toddler down for a nap so we refused cleaning a few times.

The lifeguard is lovely and friendly and I felt the animation team did thier best.

The highlight in the evening was Elvis. He was excellent and if more acts were on the bar would certainly be busier in the evenings.

The reception staff aren't all friendly but one lady was lovely with our little girl and so was nacho.

The hotel in itself is beautifully decorated clean and has great facilities.

Some of the staff are amazing.

The views are excellent.

I would stay again if the sunbed situation is addressed as its really not fair.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 838hannahh
Manager H, Gerente at Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Hannah H,
Thank you very much for choosing Marina Suites yet again as your holiday destination and for taking your precious time to share this review with the TripAdvisor community your recent experience.

I'm so glad that you had a beautiful holiday, away from stress, and that liked your room as well as the facilities of the hotel and the friendly welcome of the reception staff with a glass of cava.

I'm also more than happy reading that you enjoyed the restaurant lunch service and you found it excellent with good portion sizes. I'm also delighted that you have assisted and enjoyed the entertainment made by the animation staff, especially the fabulous Elvis show!

I would also like to thank you for the fabulous comment regarding the staff, we're so happy when the costumers feel welcomed and appreciated. I do apologize for any inconvenience with the reception staff, but I am happy to hear that Nacho did treat you and your little daughter well, we are really happy to have him onboard with us.

I'm so sorry if you had any kind of trouble regarding people that leave towels on the sunbeds, we will try to control them more and apply rigidly the rule that forbids to keep them occupied for long periods of absence. Many thanks for your suggestion, it will be very useful to improve the management of the pool area.
Regarding the cleaning service it is between 9 - 17, I am sorry that you didn't communicate this to us during your stay since we could have arranged for an earlier cleaning if we would have known this.
But for next time you know!
Thank you very much for your beautiful comments, I will share them with the entire crew to improve ourselves even more!
Looking forward to welcoming you and your beautiful family again here in Puerto Rico.

From Marina Gran Canaria with love,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Booked via Jet2, for a week in May this year. On entering the hotel reception was greeted by friendly staff and a glass of Prosecco. The room was lovely, clean, spacious, with a Marine theme, comfy sofas, modern kitchen area, pictures, ornate shelfing, very decorative, and a magnificent balcony view over looking the harbour. Complimentry bottle of wine, and bottle of water in the fridge. A very modern two ring electric stove top (digital) I think. Clean service every day ,can't fault it. The Hotel provided in house entertainment, for adults and was super child friendly. Great bar and eating facilities, 18 euros for an all you can eat buffet, lots of choice, and great food very friendly staff.

Infinity pool, bathing area with lounges and towels provided ( had exchange system for towels) Massage area. Private area for adults only with lounges and jacuzzie. In the Hotel reception area, they had a type of family room, pool area and tv area, reading area and PC facilities.

Me and my friend went self catering but we ate in the hotel too. Cheap supermarkets in walking distance, fairly cheap to eat out, I would certainly book Marina Suites again. Excellent accommodation, facilities and very professional and friendly staff.

Room Tip: level 6 or higher facing the harbour
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Manager H, Samuele, Front Desk. at Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear GElliott1965,

Thank you very much for choosing Marina Suites as your holiday destination and for taking your valuable time writing such a detailed and lovely review on TripAdvisor. I'm very happy and satisfied reading through your words that you had a fabulous time here with us.
I'm pleased that you appreciated the first friendly welcome made by the reception staff as well as your room, which you described as magnificent! I'm so happy that all the facilities and its beautiful view were to your liking and helped you to have a very great holiday.

I'm also delighted that you enjoyed the entertainment for adults during your holiday and you had fun with our nice team.
I can understand that you appreciated a lot the relaxing zone around the pool, plenty of sunbeds and also the possibility to chill with the careful touch of the massagist; I can imagine also that you enjoyed the sun at the quiet AdultsOnly area where you could relax away from any kind of noise. I'm also thankful for how you described our various and tasty buffet.

I will share your beautiful comments with the entire staff, this will make them feel so satisfied with their hard work.
Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to Gran Canaria.

From Marina Suites with love,
Samuele.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is so much more than a place to stay . It really made the holiday for us . The exceptionally friendly staff help create a really chilled atmosphere around the hotel . The hotel it's self has a beautiful interior and exceptionally clean , rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels too . The pool and view are stunning . While we didn't have children with us it seemed to really cater for family's too. There is the option of an adults area too if people wish. Cocktails and food were fab and also there's the option for spa treatments at the pool . This hotel thinks of all the small things to make your stay perfect ! From all the places I've stayed , this was by far the best !!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Manager H, Gerente at Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Miranda T,
I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I highly appreciate your lovely review!
I am thrilled to read that you had a perfect holiday and that you enjoyed the facilities such as the adults only area, and our bars and restaurants.
Your comment of Marina Suites being the best hotel you have experienced is so satisfying to read,
we do our utmost for all our clients, and I am very happy to see that you felt like home and soaked in every little detail during your holidays.
I have great hopes to see you back within a near future, and I send you all my best!

Love from Marina Gran Canaria,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I generally tend to stay in one other top hotel during my time in Puerto Rico. However, I decided for some change and stayed in the Marina Suites.
This is by far the best hotel on the island. Relaxed environment with staff that will literally go out of their way to help you. Breathtaking views and great food.
I couldn't recommend this hotel any more highly and I will be back!
10/10

Room Tip: Sea view is a must!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear JohnSwan18,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to write this lovely review about your stay with us,
It gives me great pleasure to read through your words as it shows that you really enjoyed it!
Thank you so much for the comment about us being the best hotel on the island, you have no idea how much that means for!
I hope that you will come back soon, for another holiday filled with sun, food, and breathtaking views.

Love from all of us here at Marina Gran Canaria,

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We booked tbis hoyel as we were coming for our honeymoon and we weren't disappointed... we got upgraded straight away to a suite. Rooms were cleaned every day, fresh towels every day. The staff could not have been more helpful

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ashley L,
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to write this gorgeous comment about your honeymoon at our hotel.
I am very happy to hear that you had a great time and thought that the hotel was fabulous!
I will gladly tell my colleagues about your kind words, and I sincerely hope we get to host you again soon,
and i send you all my best!

With love from Marina Gran Canaria,