Review Highlights

Reviewed 15 December 2015
christopher s
Bradford, United Kingdom
Gran Canaria Puerto Rico Fishing

Deep Sea Fishing from Puerto Rico The last time in January I tried to do some sport fishing in... read more

Reviewed 8 April 2014
silverfox69brentford
Brentford

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I fished on this boat last year and have booked six days in September last year there where three marlin caught on the days I was fishing but non for me I have fished all over the world and caught lots of marlin but Gran Canaria is definitely the cheapest and easiest to get on a boat

1  Thank SHARKY2000
Reviewed 16 March 2017

my husband was just wondering around the harbor and saw a fishing stall, he went out that afternoon, and the following day.. drinks supplied and lunch, very helpful staff and knew their stuff. we are going back again next year a few days earlier for the tuna, highly recommended..

Reviewed 30 May 2016

we booked the trip with peter on the sea front and had a good day out the crew really looked after us baited our lines and took our catches off so if you haven't been fishing before this is the boat for you

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

The trip was ugly. No value for money. Paid 65€ per Person for nothing. Not one fish. Even we didn't see one. They offer sandwiches (they called it sandwiches) I call it POS.
The probability is: 8 boats (!) catch one Merlin or Tuna per day. And the skipper wanted to keep the fish for himself.
So my recommendation is: safe the money, buy something beautiful for your wife. This is definitely the better investment.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

This is a great day out, but if its Marlin you are after thenyou need to be here between May and September at £70 for the day.

1  Thank christopher s
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Deep Sea Fishing from Puerto Rico

The last time in January I tried to do some sport fishing in Cape Town resulted in a very pleasant day out but little actual fish caught. I regret to say this also happened when I went out bottom fishing with ten others from the harbour at Puerto Rico Gran Canaria. (See http://www.white-marlin.com/ )

We were staying at the Sol Barbacan Holiday Resort in Playa des Ingles, and the deal was for transport to pick us up at the hotel at 0800 and return after the days fishing. The total coast was Euros 60 each and included, for lunch, a simple bun sandwich with a slice of salami and one drink. Other drinks could be purchased at Euro 1.50 each. The days fishing was to be from 0900 – 1500.

Initially we went quite a way south of the harbour to do some bottom fishing. The first problem was that the bottom was 120 meters below us and that’s a long way down to get the bait to the bottom and wind it back in again, if you caught something or felt the bait had been taken, the latter being the main reason. Fishing was not that good, and after 4 hours we motored back to the general area near the harbour and on the way trolled for Tuna with seven lines out. Unfortunately we did not catch any fish but for 30 minutes we were accompanied by a school of dolphins, doing their thing around us. It was the most amazing display with hundreds of Dolphins taking part.

The other problem is that the location south of Gran Canaria is subject to cross seas from the east and west meeting in the area south of Puerto Rico causing a very confused sea and swell which made for a VERY rough trip for the catamaran fishing boat.

Summing up, very good value for money just sad there were so few fish, but that’s what fishing is all about, no guarantees

1  Thank silverfox69brentford