2,221 results
All reviews club room english chef europa centre self catering sun loungers party hour spar shop on site amadores beach b block great holiday gran canaria entertainment team thomas cook reps kids club building work killer darts chicken nuggets
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Booked this holiday for July 2018 !
I’ll give my concerns in bullet point forms s this way I won’t get angry.
- no maid service for 3 days
- no clean towels for 3 days
- sunbeds are reserved at sunrise and not used till midday
- entertainment SHOCKING!
- food ok ! But children are allowed to man handle food which put me off to be honest !
- only allowed one type of beer, but have to pay for the other.
- Thomas cook sun care cream is a waste of time. The product sells itself I was told all I can say is I was sold the wrong product .
All in all the hotel appears A1 as first impressions but don’t be fooled.
Not all bad the waiters and waitresses work hard . Lovely weather !

1  Thank Rhianydd T
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I was here with my partner 7 nights on 29th may 2018, The hotel along with all staff were great, food was brilliant, would reccomend this to anyone even families the kids were well entertained too, the barman were so friendly.look forward to coming back another time.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicknack1312
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Day 3 and still no sunbed. We are here from 9am and every bed is taken - that would be fine if people were on the beds but they don’t actually turn up until 10.30 at the earliest. I’ve complained every day but neither Thomas Cook or the hotel care in the slightest (generic answers everyday). Somebody told me you have to be here to put your towel out at 6am or you have no chance - who wants to get up at 6am on holiday?

1  Thank Lee B
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Whe just returned from Altamar 2 days ago after a 10 days stay.
The hotel is nice, no complaints here, the ceiling fan is more then enough to cool down the large room. The terrace is huge and the view is brilliant.
I regret going all inclusive. Instead of eating authentic spanish food they gave us ordinary english food. Thanks, guys, but I can get hot dogs and burgers at home. Not even a paella...
And another thing: my coffee is realy important to me. They have a terrible Nescafe machine which is free and for a proper coffee you have to pay, which I had no problem with.
I remember on the third day I asked for 2 cappuccinos and I received 2 long coffees with cream on top. I told the guy (his name is Emilio, btw) I ordered cappuccinos so he reluctantly made 2 (terrible) cappuccinos instead and told me that I'm not in Naples. I suppose he wanted to say that my expectations were to high. I don't like being treated this way when I'm buying something, so it was the last coffee I bought from the hotel.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

To start with the rooms were basic but pleasant and clean (cleaner came every other day), a main positive was the fans above the beds as it kept the rooms cool over night and in the day. The views from the balcony were incredible and even have your own sunbeds outside the room. I definately recommend putting towels on sunbeds in the morning as they went quickly. The food was basic (I'm a vegetarian) , I always found something as there was always chips everyday. The one day I struggled I spoke to the English chef and he was lovely and got me some plain rice (as the others had meat in) and potatoes. The entertainment staff were all polite and friendly but the other staff members weren't as welcoming and didn't speak as much. I recommend the events organiser (suki I think was her name) as she was very helpful in what we could do and arranged a boat trip for us. Would highly recommend as it's very relaxing and peaceful. Everything at the hotel was pretty average but still impressed by it as there wasn't many issues. Drinks were self service all day which was ideal although there were nice areas to sit at the reception but not allowed to take drinks up so that could be organised better

• Trip type: Travelled with family