See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I've travelled in over 25 countries, stayed in all classes of accomodation, ranging from basic to top star hotels, and only once before have I had to complain at a hotel. This one was worse. Mostly due to the hotel manager/owner.

We rented 2 rooms with extra bed for 5 people (2 families with 1 child each). When we arrived, there was only bedsheets, pillows and towels for 4 persons. Took us a little while to figure out because we arrived late and the next day we were too tired to do anything but relax at the pool. We spend every other night having the kids, so they could be together and us adults have some free time. We had to carry a mattress over so there was a sleeping place for both kids.

The next morning the lady washing the room started yelling at one family because of the extra mattress. Had to be offered a coffee before lightening up.

The kitchenette turns out to be useless for cooking. Plates do not get hot, and frying pan has been overheated repeatedly in both appartments and as a result has convex bottoms. Frying one egg at plate max setting took 15 minutes at best.

Told the receptionist about the missing sleeping arrangements in the evening, he looked very uncertain about everything and couldnt solve the situation but promised to leave the day crew a note and have them solve ut the next day.

Next day nothing arrives, so I go to talk to the reception, which was manned by the hotel manager. He refuses to believe I talked to anyone the night before, has recieved no note, asks if the two beds in each appartment has bed sheets, and when acknowledged, sees no problem with still just 4 sets for 5 people. Despite us having paid for 5. He says he can arrange "an extra set" the day after. I tell him that just not good enough, as I have let them know the night before and frankly should have been sorted easily then.

He then develops a rapid degradement of his english capabilities, but tells me he will fix it in 5 minutes.

5 minutes later he comes down, not with what we requested, but locking himself into first my appartement to COUNT bedsheets, then storms into the other appartment where he goes directly for the bedroom and is barely stopped before rushing into the bedroom where a female member of our travel company is in her underwear changing. He waits just until she has done so then STILL goes in to count bedsheets, in a way where his hands manage to grab all over the bedsheets.

At this point, we are properly pissed with him and have had enough and let him know. He then gets a little quiet and walks away. He returns with bed sheets and no towels. They are not folded, they are rustled up.

We contact our travel agency, who calls the hotel and we are told we will get a full apology and a compensation.

Nothing arrives that night. I call the agency the next morning, to let them know. Then I find the apology and compensation; he has left 2 cheap bottles of wine at our door in a white plastic bag. Next to dirty laundry and garbage bags from the cleaning lady. Without telling us. I call the travel agency and let them know. He appears shortly after to give us an apology that consists of him telling us he has never had a single problem in 28 years ever (aka; you guys must be especially difficult people) and when his "apology is not met with a smile, he breaks down in the fakest tears I have ever seen.

We send our children up to get icecream in the reception later as we had the days before, thinking he would at least be professional enough to not let our conflict affect the kids. He now acts sullen to them. Does not smile, does not answer their "Hola"'s or smiles, does not say thank you for the money, does not reply to "Adios". All in all they acted like adults, and he acted like a 3 year old.

There was also problems with loud partying in appartments until 02:30 on a Friday.

And we were told that the hotel next door, Hotel Henry, houses a brothel, by other hotel guests.

The partying and kitchenette are minor details in this. Those alone would not have ruined my holiday.

The brothel next door is a real problem. And the hotel staff absolutely destroys a hotel that in general otherwise could be ok.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Climber587705
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This is the definition of a simple hotell. If you dont care about having a Nice place to stay, and just need a place to sleep, this could be a "OK" experience. Nothing more.

With a small renovation this hotell has potential.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerG90
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This hotel has a beautiful view of the valley and the beach from the upper rooms. Nice pool area. The terrace roof gives shade from the sun. The next room has a terrace two meters from the bedroom and you can hear every conversation. Supermercados and beach 350 meters away. The manager locks off the hotel area at night and also by chance at daytime, so always remember the key ... The kitchen, beds and bathroom are old but functional enough for a week's stay.

Room Tip: Upper half, above pool have view. Lower have noise from road cleaning every morning at 06 am.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank janstef345
Reviewed 16 March 2015

This is a poor hotel... The room had a low standard, the beds vas hard and you could feel the springs, the beds coud not be put togheter sow we had to spend our holliday in separate beds.
It was allso flies in the bethroom and some spiders in the livingroom.
The staff was nice but and it was an OK distance to sentrum and the beach but that was all!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank akr0gh
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Stayed alone with my 6-yr old child.
Very basic, a budget choice.
Location is good - ca. 500m to shopping area / "center" of Puerto Rico, with lots of restaurants and bazar, food markets, shops.. Also bus station close, and a small play park for children, minigolfs, Angry Birds -play park (for charge)... Beach also close when you take shortcuts through the stairs, just a few minutes walk.
I would not recommend this hotel with small children (toddler age with a trolley) - lots of stairs.
There was mainly couples in middle age and over (some younger couples, too). Did not see any other kids than mine (but maybe heard one).
There is a lift only from reception level to the pool level (and between), but we stayed in the lower building (with rooms #40-60 or so), and after the lift, there are still lots of stairs you had to climb, carry all baggage etc. But the shortcut from this level to the lower street (Calle Lanzarote) was quick through the gate. However, I think somebody could have climbed to our balcony in lower level, since it wasjust beside the street. Acutally the first thing in the reception, I was asked to read a notice written on several language, reminding to keep the balcony door closed with a bolt (since no other locking).
The rooms are very basic.
The front door is wooden and so dried that there are clear holes through.
In the evenings, it was very chilly in the apartment, so bring a good warm pyjamas and socks, and ask for extra blankets - we froze most of the nights. (No warming system - so if you are used to the central heated houses in Scandinavia, you will feel this cold in the winter.)

Pool is quite small. The water was somewhat warmed (maybe 22-23 C), so it felt cold just in the beginning, then ok. (But it was quite windy in January, so you did not feel like swimming most of the time).
There was a small childrens pool, but my kid did not want to swim in it (cold water / some bugs floating); only played a little.

No bar or restaurant in the hotel.

Next to pool area, there is a covered area with some tables, where you have a free WiFi-connection (not working in the rooms). Here some scandinavian guests have also left some books / magazines for other guests to read.

The reception is very small. In combination to it, they had some "minimarket"-sales there. Reception is closed at 13-16 siesta time, and at nights available only for emergency.
One night when we went there to buy some chips, and there was a bar door closed and a guard looking guy just opened it for customers.
I asked the hotel keeper when arriving, have they had troubles with thefts (since he was so precise about me reading the notice of the balcony door), and he said no they have not...

The room was cleaned ok. I only saw one dead cockroach in the outdoors area of the hotel on stairs; some other guests had seen a few outside their hotel door. In the rooms, there was just small flies, and some very tiny small bugs on bathroom floor one day.
Water flow was ok - enough warm/hot water, and with good pressure from the shower.

Equipment: very basic - no soap, shampoo, dish washing liquid etc. so bring your own.

In the kitchen there was a coffee maker, microwave, fridge (with a small freezer locker, but we did not try that). No toaster or water boiler. (And I'm not sure if the fridge was cool enough, since the milk got old so fast.)

In the nights, it was noisy, because there was traffic (cars) on the street on Calle Lanzarote side, and sound insulation was not so good.

Balcony did not get much direct sun, because room was in the lower level.

From the hotel reception level outdoor area, and pool area, there is a nice view to Puerto Rico beach. (However, I'd say Amadores beach is much better.)

Room Tip: Lower level: shorter way to the street. Upper level: better reachable with a lift, better view.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family