All reviewspool barmain centrecommercial centrebbc world newspool was freezinggran canariasafety deposit boxbudget hotelremote controlthird floorplenty sunbedscleaned regularlygreat holidaybit datedclean towelsbar staff aremin walk
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend are not long home from the carlota hotel! When we bought the holiday we knew it was a budget hotel but thought it would be to at least standard We had to pay a 100 Euro deposit and also received it when we left which was good because we were worried about other reviews we had seen saying they didn’t anyways we went to see about getting a iron and a fan they said they had none and were sorting it we never heard back the iorn was 17 Euro then a 10 Euro deposit which I was no way paying at night sleeping was really bad as the beds were uncomfortable and only had pretty much a sheet on them and also had no air conditioning which was a huge problem for us as it was always just too hot to handle we were put in 001 which was ground floor but I didn’t complain as it had a Huge balcony the room at first seemed over clean although it did smell one night we went to a Irish bar Called dicey Riley’s which was 10/10 when we got back to the hotel I sat a half eaten lolly pop on the table due to being drunk after a good night out when I got up through the night I picked it up to toss it out and notice all these little mites stuck to it and then they became visiable all over the the Place there was dampness hidden behind curtains the underneath every there was a thick long of dust the place was just dirty and dusty the maid came round and cleaned after I removed all valuables of corse but the clean was a bit of a febal attempt but non the less it was a little cleaner the pool area was nice the pool was clean too and there are a few game tables the lift to reciption gives me nightmares due to the heartattack you recive any time you use it overall me and my boyfriend didn’t like the hotel and would not recommend it there was one positive and it was the night guard who was the nicest little man every who would do just about anything if it made you’re stay better! 100/100 to him

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Carlota for 1 week and it was my first/second time staying at this hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpul. Food and drinks selection is good and good quality. However the swimming pool rules are very strick meaning that no jumping in, diving, toys and lilos. Rooms are fit for 3 people max and are very well managed and kept clean.

Overall the stay was fit for our stay and recommend to those who like a quite and relaxing time

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank harrydelaney2014
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Stayed here from 7-17th July. Contacted the hotel prior to arriving to request a high floor room, which we received. Rooms were basic, could have been cleaner but ok. Reported a leaking shower and this was fixed the same day.
I did see the lifeguards inconsistency with one in particular being very strict, only one adult allowed to accompany a baby in the children's pool, No splashing onto poolside, no baby float. I can understand pool safety and the need for rules but this just seamed redicolous and personally I felt a dig at the family, as this particular lifeguard was then laughing and joking with a Spanish family with a baby of a similar age.
Having had 2 sons who are now adults, I know how they loved the pool and how important it was to us as a family to enjoy our holidays, this did make me feel a bit uncomfortable and for that reason I scored a 3 and would not recommend for families with younger children.
Night security was an absolute gent, so friendly and polite.

3  Thank Gill M
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Carlota on a cheap break and were not expecting much, however we were pleasantly surprised.

It was very clean, staff were friendly and helpful. Great view from the room, clean pool with bar and other activities available. Only a 5 min walk from busy centre and 10 mins to the beach.

Food served at the pool side bar was great quality, very English tasting breakfast available.

Only down side is that the towels provided were brown and bitty. So bring your own bath towel in addition to a beach towel, and ensure you've got all toiletries as none provided.

2  Thank danielleoldham
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel should be an adults only hotel. You are not allowed to dive into the pool, not allowed inflatables, nor are you allowed beach balls. Please don’t chose this hotel if you have children and they want to spend time around the pool. Lifeguards are over the top and rude! Awful visit.. only 7 days to go until we leave

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family