All reviews honor bar honesty bar antipasti main building other guests rose gardens magical place fruit trees cooking class chianti region beautiful grounds manor house each evening old world infinity pool breakfast and dinner staff could not have been more
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Only spent two nights in this simply wonderful place. The Countess and her husband were welcoming and their staff are really really good! A perfect location on top of a hill, with individual, characterful bedrooms, all seem to have great views. My husband and I picked our spot in the gardens and spent happy times looking over the vineyards, olive groves, to the villages and villas beyond - would have been happy spending more. The food is excellent and we loved the local supplies. Overall, I just hope I have the opportunity to come back here soon - one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious with lovely views. Some of the rooms are up stairs so mention if this is a problem when booking.
1  Thank Bottomflop
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear Bottomflop,

are we an Hotel? ... probably what you liked most about Villa le Barone is the fact that we are more like an old welcoming family home open to friends rather than a Hotel. Would Mr. and Ms.Hilton or Mr. and Ms. Ramada Inn have been on the premises to make you feel at home with us? Probably not! But that is besides the point and what is really essential is that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us, your room full of character, the good food and wine of our restaurant and the awesome views from our gardens.

Let me add on an item you wrote: all rooms are decorated and equipped with care but some have better views than others ... and sometimes different prices, but let me reassure readers, the best views are from the gardens, the terrace and the pool area!

Dear Bottomflop, sorry you stayed with us a short two days and we hope that next time your stay will be longer so that you may enjoy even more our beautiful region and our hotel.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

This charming villa was an absolutely charming place to stay for 3 nights. We loved the property, the food, the friendly staff and the locale in the Chianti region. The manor house has beautiful sitting rooms where you can gather after a day of sightseeing in the region. The room where meals are held is surrounded by the countryside and has beautiful decor. The food was fantastic, particularly the antipasto before dinner. Our room was very charming and comfortable with a newly remodeled bathroom. The pool was my favorite place to sit, looking over the hills of Chianti and the charming church nearby - a fantastic way to start or end the day and the water was so inviting for a swim!

Room Tip: staying in the manor house would be lovely - the tower room is the best one
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear alandstrom,

just before getting to answering you I got up, went on our terrace and was awed by the sunset autumn light on the nearby hills covered by olive groves and vines. After so many years in Chianti I was once again moved by the beauty and could not resist taking a few more pictures of what I saw ... I can therefore well understand your sitting by the pool drinking in the peace of the surroundings ... and hopefully a glass of Chianti wine (in the evening i mean :=))) ).

There is plenty more to see and enjoy in or beautiful region and I hope you will do so returning sometime soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Villa Le Barone provided a great home base in Chianti. Stunning property with many amenities, including pool and tennis court. They have done an amazing job maintaining the historical features of the property while providing for modern comforts. Staff are very friendly and highly responsive.

Secluded and quite, but conveniently located 15 minute walking to the local town of Panzano, which has several restaurants and shops.

Dear Erica V,

many thanks for giving feedback on your stay and for having chosen Villa le Barone for your holiday.

Villa le Barone was until the seventies a typical Tuscan farm where owners and farmer families lived together taking care of the surrounding land ... the transformation into a home open to Friends (I personnally dislike the term Hotel) has taken place seamlessly and almost naturally in the late seventies when travellers discovering Chianti took the place of the wayfarers of the past who were also given hospitality ... in different comfort conditions, I am afraid.

The book Hotel in Chianti, written by my wife Jacqueline recounts this conversion from Farm to Hotel ... all of the above to explain the feeling of authenticity you get when staying at Villa le Barone and that you seem to have enjoyed.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My mom and I traveled with Classic Journeys last week and we had the pleasure of spending three nights at Villa Le Barone. The people were so kind and I felt like I was with family. I enjoyed meeting the Count and his lovely wife. They're the owners and frequently on the grounds-looking after their guests. The environment (grounds, rooms, and restaurant ) are lovely. The food was delicious and everyone was very gracious. This was my first trip to Italy and I'm glad I stayed in such a beautiful, warm, and welcoming environment.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Ann T,

it was a pleasure to host you and your Mother and a further one reading that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Does the title "Classic Journey" of your review mean that you came wth the Classic Journeys travel agency, a very fine organization that always sends to Villa le Barone very special people, or is it that you rated your journey to Villa le Barone as"Classic"? If it is the latter, I would certainly agree that what we offer our Guests is a good Classic authentic experience of Tuscan hospitality from the architecture of the Villa and Gardens, to the friendly service and the good healthy food we serve.

Now that you know the way to come to us we look forward to hosting you again many more times.

Thank you for your time in reviewing us.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We stayed 6 nights here and could not have been more pleased. Beautiful property, great staff, wonderful breakfast, super location! They had good recommendations on eating that were just plain fun For our first time to Tuscany, the experience they gave us will bring us back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay A
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Jay A,

many thanks for giving your feedback on your stay at Villa le Barone ... let me write down what someone from outside Villa le Barone wrote as a dedication on a book we wrote about our Villa turning into a Hotel: " Life is good in Chianti. Life is good in Panzano -perhaps not the most beautiful town in the world- but a beautiful land blessed by God, where a friendly smile is always to be found, where laborious people have the taste , the tradition of welcomimg guests, the sense of hospitality and the happiness to celebrate. Here is the past and future, seasoned with good food and good wine. And this is the hopeful future for all of us". It seems to match what you are saying about us and this makes us very happy.

We look forward to hosting you and please you again,