All reviewshonor barhonesty barantipastimain buildingother guestsrose gardensmagical placefruit treescooking classchianti regionbeautiful groundsmanor houseeach eveningold worldinfinity poolbreakfast and dinnerstaff could not have been more
Reviewed 16 September 2017

My sister and I made a reservation at your beautiful villa at the last minute, and we were pleasantly surprised! We stayed in the main villa in room 3, overlooking the Tuscan hills. The room was decorated to the period of the villa, with a lot of antiques. The bed was very comfortable, and the bottle of Prosecco upon arrival was a wonderful surprise. The bathroom was up to date...best shower in all of our travels.
We had supper both nights and the food was very good. We arrived faiirly late the first evening so we just made it supper in time. We were greeted by the owners of the Villa and they were both very gracious and welcoming.
The breakfast in the morning was delightful...plenty of choices, with fresh fruit and pastries, along with eggs and meats. The grounds are the prettiest and most private. There are plenty of places to walk and admire the lovely gardens and the pool area is spectacular. Even though there is a lot to see and do in the Tuscany region, this is one place that you could just relax and enjoy the serenity and beauty. My sister and I enjoyed our stay very much. My husband and I travel to Italy quite frequently and we will definitley come to this lovely property.

Stayed: September 2017
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear vickigal57,

I am very glad you discovered Villa le Barone and its grounds. I don't know at what time of the year you came, but this year, in spite of our daily watering as best as we could, the grounds were somehow not as colourful as prior years because of the long drought we suffered. Come again to enjoy the gardens even more. The new heated, salt water, travertine infinity pool in front of the San Leolino Abbey is quite something and our Guests enjoy it a lot.

I am glad you liked your room. All rooms are diffeent, up to date and personnally decorated by my wife almost exclusively with the historical furniture of the villa. Of course fabrics are re done regularly, as well as bathrooms.

I am also very happy you enjoyed dinners at the Villa (did you dine inside or on the terrace?) and breakfast. Food is cooked with simple local recipes, some of it is sourced from our own farm and much from local producers.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback.

We look forward to hosting you again and- as for many Guests- several times.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Villa Le Barone is one of the best places I have ever stayed. I am a frequent traveler and have used VRBO, Air B&B ,Condo Nast and NYT for traveling all over just to give perspective. The views are breathtaking, sunset by the pool is especially spectacular. We also enjoyed the lawn one evening when the near full moon was rising, incredible. We stayed in two different rooms both very nice with superb bathrooms. The property is elegant and peaceful. We returned from a day of exploring to find a nice bottle of prosecco chilling in a beautiful silver bucket. The staff had noticed from my passport at check in that it was my birthday. The service is exquisite for all. Thank you for a wonderful stay, we will be back sooner than later ❤️

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Dunelandvirgo,

I am so happy your stay at Villa le Barone was pleasant and that you enjoyed so much our bit of Tuscany! Yes, Chianti is amazing and the views from our new swimming pool area are inspiring both under the sun as well as under the moon. Several people just spend hours admiring and taking it all in instead of going out sightseeing.
I am also happy you enjoyed the rooms, all decorated by my wife, and the service, spontaneous, friendly and sincerely helpfuf, given by our Staff ... to whom I am very grateful and proud of!
To readers, if you plan to come to Villa le Barone, I suggest to take contact with our Reception in order to get the best conditions adapted to your needs.
Many thanks,, again for having chosen to visit Villa le Barone and we look very much forward to hosting you soon again,

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Six of us were touring the Tuscany region and we spent two nights here which was a
lovely Villa overlooking the beautiful countryside. They served breakfast and dinner and
the owners were delightful. And no pets allowed which was a plus! Great place for a
base camp while touring the area. And they had a new salt water swimming pool
plus an honor bar! We had a fabulous stay and everyone was so helpful! Plus, they will
arrange cooking classes and tours.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Sarah W,

many thanks to you and your team for having come to Villa le Barone and for having taken the time to give your kind feedback.

I agree with you that Villa le Barone is the ideal point to discover Tuscany from: 30 km from Florence, 30 km from Sienna, 45 minutes away for San Gimignano, minutes more for Volterra ... furthermore my wife and I have written down several car itineraries on paved and dirt roads as well that take you to little known hamlets, Tuscany gems and always through beautiful landscapes. Next time you come ask for these itineraries at our Reception. They are for free and we also have them for walks and bicycle rides ... and the new pool is ideal to welcome you after a few hours of sighseeing.

We look forward to hosting you again sometimes soon,

Corso Aloisi de Larderel

ps Thank you for your coment on the owners!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We had a spectacular stay! The staff is exceptional! Julia made our dining experience marvelous. The dinner was farm to table and just amazing. The infinity pool was a wonderful spot for my husband and I to share a bottle of wine! We lounged by the pool and took in the breathtaking views. The room was charming and upon arrival we were greeted with a bottle of wine courtesy of the hotel as a congratulations for our honeymoon. We definitely recommend!!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Karina C,

thank you- while probably still enjoying your honeymoon- to take the time to review your stay at Villa le Barone. Yes, I would certaimly agree with you that Villa le Barone, its gardens and environment have a very romantic character and many "just married" persons come to enjoy its beauty and serenity. I am very happy yu used the small shallower pool to sit by while sipping a glass of wine and enjoying the sights ... it has precisely been made for that. Thank you for also mentionning the "farm to table" dinners ... our own farm supplies the meat (including the wild boar), the tomatoes and the olive oil, while we try - as much as possible- to source local fresh products for the remaining items.
Thank you very much for recommending Villa le Barone and for hopefully thinking about us for one or several of your anniversaries!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Villa let Barone is a beautiful Villa in the heart of Tuscany. The property is amazing with panoramic views of the countryside. Extremely clean, well kept and tastefully decorated. Very comfortable rooms. The pool area is wonderful and guests have access t the honesty bar in the villa and poolside. Very hospitable staff. The breakfasts and dinners are delicious and plentiful! All of the food is beautifully presented and flavorful. The appetizer spread that is served with dinner in the evening was the highlight for us!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
CAloisiDeLarderel, Proprietario at Villa Le Barone, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear psodfamily,

many thanks for your kind words on your visit to Villa le Barone. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay so fully!

The appetizer table buffet (in Italian antipasto ... meaning before the meal) is different every night and prepared with local Tuscan specialties, cold and warm and with several meats, cold cuts and, specially. vegetables. Our buffet is well adapted to vegetarians and vegans who will find in it a lot of variety. This year, as for the last one, we had several different species of tomatoes planted in our farm in Maremma (60 miles west from Villa le Barone) and we bring the produce on a weekly basis to Villa le Barone and on the antipasto buffet. Our Guests (my wife and I also) love them ... taste guaranteed, abundant vitamins, no pesticides or artificial fertilizers!

We are also happy you enjoyed the new infinity pool area. Tha salt water pool is being slightly heated in these first days of September to keep the water at a pleasant 28°C ... 83°F ....

We look very much forward to hosting you again.