“Pictures of rooms are not accurate! Would not recommend.”

Irini's Villas Resort
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Before booking Irini's Villa I read the reviews through Travel Advisor and saw some pictures of the hotel . I thought it looked nice and booked through Expedia. 1) The pictures that are on Expedia's website are totally inaccurate. That is a completely different hotel. 2) The room that I stayed at was very very tiny. My fiancee was barely able to fit in the studio; It was a duplex studio and the bedroom was up some small stairs and layed on a wooden plank on the floor. We could literally strench out our hands and reach both sides of the bedroom walls. The bathroom was a small cement room with the toilet and shower together--meaning that there was no shower curtain when you took a shower the toilet would get soaked since the shower head was right next to it. We could barely roll in our luggage through the front door, yes it was that small. 3) As, stated in a another person's past review you have to carry your own bags to your room and the stairs in Santorini are not so easy to climb in the heat. 4) Most of the photos I found online were of the reception area, lobby and the Caldera view. The room I stayed at was not displayed in any photo gallery and now I know why. The only good thing I can say is there was air conditioning, hot water and the women working the front desk was nice.

I was very disappointed with the villa. Upon return I reviewed the reviews to see if I had misunderstoond anything. Most of the reviews are based on the view...Yes, the view is beautiful..You are in Santorini!! I would have liked to have seem more reviews based on the hotel itself.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank N101127
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Irini's Villas Resort

Reviewed 2 July 2010

Irini's villas and resorts was something I lucked into. I hadn't made a booking for a hotel before arriving to Santorini for the first of two nights I spent there. I figured I would find one since it wasn't quite high season yet and there were plenty of hotels with vacancies.The night before I needed a room, I called Hotel Lignos that I had booked for the second night and they said to come and they would help me get a room for the first night I needed accommodation. Hotel Lignos (at 30 euros a night) was completely booked but they offered me a room at Irini's Villas for 50 euros (it usually costs 120 euros for my room). They people who run Irini's Villas also run Hotel Lignos. They had someone pick me up immediately and transferred me to Irini's Villas (in Imerovigli) which is in a neighboring town 5-minutes away by car to Fira. I left my bags in the room I was to stay in (at about 12 noon) but I was told to come back later after the room was cleaned. The hotel is not too far of a walk down. The shuttle could only drop me off at the top of the stairs. I walked down maybe about 50 steps and the path to Irini's is clearly marked by arrows. There is a bus stop right down the street from Irini's at 1.40 euros into town. The bus only comes once every half hour and you can go towards Oia or Fira. It took a while for the bus to come (I waited more than 30 minutes) so I flagged down a passing taxi and shared it with a German couple who had been waiting at the Bus Stop with me (it cost 5 Euros between the 3 of us for a taxi) it was only a 5 minute drive to Fira.

The living room had a kitchenette (a burner top to plug in), A mini fridge, kitchen sink, dishes, utensils, glasses, a table with 4 chairs, a cupboard closet, a couch that could double as a single bed (linens for the bed were in the closet), a small TV. The only thing that was a little inconvenient was the fact that the lighting in the living room was very dim. There was the main bedroom that was separate from the living room with a large queen size bed, 2 night stands, one luggage stand, and the lighting was excellent. The bathroom was a decent size (but remember in most of Greece, you can't flush toilet paper down the toilet) no one ever told me that and it was something that I disliked throughout my entire 2 weeks in Greece. The only thing you get in the bathroom is hand bar soap so bring your own toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, body wash etc. I stayed in room 9 or 10, which is at the top of Irini's villas. The room could easily accommodate 3 adults (1 couple and 1 adult). It has a front patio with 3 chairs and an amazing caldera view. I slept through breakfast but apparently it is served at your room before 10 am (I think it was included). The staff was nice, I paid in cash, I was transferred to Hotel Lignos for free (at noon) and Hotel Lignos transferred me to the airport the following day for free as well. I would definitely recommend Irini's villas, its not extravagant but the view is amazing.

When I was looking for places to stay on Trip Advisor I noticed that there weren't alot of reviews that mentioned whether or not there was a great caldera view.

There is a Car and ATV rental shop on the corner near Irini's called Jimmy's, there is also a moped and ATV rental place called Maki's (I think) down the street (me and my friends rented from there at 10 euros per moped or ATV. I prefer the ATV's, me and my friends drove down to Kamari Beach (black sand beach) and then we went to Oia for dinner and the sunset. I would not suggest that you drive an ATV or moped after sundown from Oia, there is a mass exodus out of Oia after sunset and the roads are windy while the cars try to pass you. Kinda scary.

I liked Irini's alot and the view of the caldera is pretty awesome. As you can see from my pictures, there is a small pool and sunbathing area (its directly above reception).

Hope this review helps, Santorini was amazing!

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank hawaiiangirlinUK
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The room wasn't anything fancy and a little on the old side, but the view makes up for anything the room itself might be lacking. It could not be in a better location and they bring you breakfast to the room that you can eat on the balcony.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Incredible place, amazing sea view , perfect for honeymooners. Very quite location in island. Kitchenette and household available, but you will never need it,you can enjoy with variable restaurant(like mama’s house), better to buy bottles water. It takes 4 minutes uphill (inconvenient steps) to reach the main street, 5 Euro taxi to city center (Fira),we stayed four night and wish never comes to end, when you woke up just call reception and 5 minute later you will enjoy breakfast on balcony,,,,lovely.
Looking for impress your lover, just go there.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Stay here you won't regret it. My husband and I went to Santorini for 2 days and stayed here and the view was worth every penny. The photos speak for themself.

Only 2 bad reviews I have read are 1. the stairs - yes you have to be somewhat fit to handle them with suitcases and 2. the breakfast - which didn't bother us at all.

Enjoy! I wouldn't hesitate recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
0.1 km away
0.0 km away
Zenith Blue
Zenith Blue
#19 of 28 in Imerovigli

Been to Irini's Villas Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK