“Loved it!”
Review of Artemis Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Artemis Villas
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
North Easton, Massachusetts
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed in the honeymoon villa which was beautiful! It was huge and included a big bathroom, mini kitchen and daybed/sitting area. Our veranda was also large with a table, 2 chairs and umbrella. Every morning our breakfast would be serviced on the veranda watching the sun come up. Every afternoon before sunset the hotel staff would bring a delicious treat. Their room service was also amazing! All the staff was very, very nice and pleasant.

The hotel staff was so nice. We had 2 huge suitcases and to get down to our room. The staff held our suitcases over their heads in 90+ degree heat up and down the stairs to our villa. The owner was also very sweet. He told us which beaches to visit, wineries to try and had our car ready as soon as we arrived.

People said the sunsets were better on a different part of the island but everyone on the island seemed to be near our hotel. Luckily our villas were further down the mountain so we couldn't see them, but it did make it difficult for us to park! The views of the sunset from our veranda were so beautiful, nothing like we'd ever seen before. Perfect location!

Room Tip: I think there are only 4 villas, which I am sure are all very nice. Our honeymoon suite was amazing...
3 Thank Nicole L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This I have to say is one of the best sunsets I have witnessed, several sailing ships were out in Caldera and crossed the suns trail in the water silhouetted in the golden sun light. I’ve always made a habit of watching sunrises and sunset on my birthday, however this year I wanted a pretty much guaranteed weather unlike Scotland.

We had arranged transfers to Artemis Villas and on arriving at the port of Thira we were picked up by our transfer and taken to the Villas at the highest point in the Island a village called Imerovigli approximately 350 Metres above sea level, even the Cruise ships seemed like small toy boats on the sea. We were met by Gazi our porter who impressively carried both our bags through the narrow streets and down the narrow stairs to the reception where we met Angela the owner of the Artemis Villas. As we were a bit early and the other guests hadn’t checked out she sorted out some free beers, crisps and Creme caramel ( Angela likes to bake and would not disappoint later).

Well this was the most expensive hotel of the holiday and the suite (their converted family house) which consisted of a large lounge, kitchenette, spacious bedroom with 4 poster bed and luxurious bathroom with two wash basins and Jacuzzi bath all rooms had barrel-vaulted ceilings and finally Then two seating areas to chill out and an outdoor hot tub. We chilled out for a few hours and then had a swim in the pool before feeling energetic and deciding to go for a quick walk to look for places to see the sun rise on the other side of the island birthday (The following morning).

After freshening up and getting ready for dinner Gazi appeared with Crepes covered in chocolate Hazel nut spread and fresh cream and strawberries. Well we couldn’t let them go off and as the sun started to set we sat back and watched the sun set over the sea.

Our night was comfortable and relaxing and they had even provided some towel art, I we were given a lavish birthday breakfast with sparkers,

Overall Angela and Chris deserve their customer service rating, as the attention to detail was excellent and the property was exactly what we expected.

This was part of a trip around Greece more info can be found by searching for my blog "Pauls Adventures in Hellas" for our itinerary.

Room Tip: The Properties are set into the side of the caldera and are a good place to escape from the heat of...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our Santorini portion of our Greece honeymoon. It was an absolutely wonderful stay. Chris and Angela are very helpful and kind -- and Kasu (another staff member) was so great in carrying our large bags up and down the steps, and bringing us nice surprises each day (morning / sunset watermelon, crepes, etc.). The property is also an excellent value -- fantastic view at one of the highest points on the island. Each room has a nice balcony, and we stayed in the White Suite, which was very roomy and comfortable. Sitting on the balcony..it was so beautiful and relaxing there, that one could argue you should spend as much time as possible there. At the very least, spend mornings (breakfast delivered from Artemis is very good and you get a ton of food), and sunsets here. We ventured to other places on the island a few times for breakfast/sunset, but nothing compared to sitting on your own balcony with a view that cannot be beat -- in my opinion, way better than going to Oia and fighting the crowds. I will say that Imerovigli is short on good restaurant choices, so you should venture to the other towns for some nice/tasty dinners. But as far as Artermis goes, it really was fantastic...all we could have expected. In addition to your private area (rooms / balcony), the shared pool on the roof is kept very clean and and a perfect temperature to allow you to cool down from the hot summer sun. I will say that the rooftop deck can get a bit crowded --- lounge chairs were always available, but shade / umbrellas may be harder to come by during busy times / hours. And shade is all but essential if you expect to stay outside for any length of time in the summer mid afternoon hours.

Again, we really loved this place... you can't go wrong choosing Artemis Villas in Imerovigli -- a wonderful property and great service especially for the price. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: White Suite is a nice upgrade option (spacious, more modern) -- great balcony, but does not have a p...
2 Thank pash19
Bronxville, New York
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week in August and absolutely loved it! The transfers from the airport and to the port were easily arranged and reasonable. Admittedly, we thought it would be nice to fly there (with Olympic Air) and take the ferry back (Hellenic Seaways), but in hindsight, we'd highly recommend flying both ways. Its just so much quicker and easier, and with the cost of food and drinks on the ferry, its not so much cheaper.

We were in the standard studio, and while it was the smallest room they have, it was enough for us. The view was so fantastic from our own balcony that we opted to eat lunch and dinner there a lot (they thankfully recommended Taverna El Greco, who was easy to order from and delivered very reasonably priced food right to our balcony). The pool isn't huge, but it was fine for us. We also really appreciated the complimentary evening bites. We ventured into Fira (about 30min walk) a couple of times, but mostly lounged around our balcony and the pool.

In the end, the best things about Artemis were the location/view, the price (ridiculously reasonable compared to some of the neighboring places), and the great service. Highly recommended!

1 Thank jps81
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed at the Artemis Villas at the end of September 2011 and I can't truly express the experience in words. I tell everyone that we were treated like family from the first moment. Their staff is small in numbers but incredibly hard working and friendly. The owners truly go above and beyond to make your experience the best. Besides the physical beauty, you leave this place with an emotional attachment. We booked fairly close to our vacation, so we stayed in the Superior Studio which was absolutely perfect for my husband and I. The room, the view, everything was straight out of a dream.

The room: Clean, plenty of room to store your luggage and belongings, fresh linens everyday, nice sized bathroom, gorgeous windows with incredible views. The bed was very comfortable. One of the best hotel beds we've ever had. Free wi-fi, too!

The staff: Friendly, make it their mission to make sure you are comfortable and every need is met...more efficient than any other place I've stayed.
Just to give you a few examples-
Chris, one of the owners, would chat with us and ask us about our plans, etc. We were planning on leaving the island via ferry. A few hours before our ferry was scheduled to leave, he informed us (not the ferry company) that our ferry was cancelled by checking online. He helped us get our money back from the company and helped us arrange another ferry reservation. He also made sure we had transport to our sailing excursion.

Another example, I washed my clothes in the bathtub and left them out to dry while we went out for the day. I came back a few hours later and they were folded and put away by one of the lovely staff members.
Chris and Angela were incredibly kind and warm. I can't say enough good things about them.

The food: Breakfast was delicious. Fresh fruits, breads, and greek yogurt every morning. The omelets were great, too!

The location: ideal on the island. A few minute walk from Fira (several shops and restaurants are there) and about 5 miles from Oia (there's delicious fish tavernas and Katharos Beach close by)
I would highly recommend renting an ATV, it's fun, cheap (about 30euro per day), and you can see the entire island with a sense of freedom, versus depending on the bus.

Obviously, we had an incredible time. I honestly do not have anything negative to say about this place other than I am mad that I couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KristenRN14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
2.6 km away
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 48 in Imerovigli
0.2 km away
Altana Traditional Houses and Suites
0.3 km away
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
0.1 km away
0.5 km away
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#14 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Artemis Villas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK