“Best place I've stayed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Anastasis Apartments
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Sydney/London
“Best place I've stayed”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I've been meaning to write this review for about 4 months. The place was awesome, I don't think I can really add too much more than the other reviewers; just to say that all the thoughtful little touches really make it special. We did put on a few kilos on holiday but we've since lost those and the memories will last forever. Oh yeah, I proposed there too - magical place. Thank you Depsina and crew for such a lovely time. Hope to come and visit again!

Room Tip: Go for one with a jacuzzi!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Steve_in_Sydney
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Goulburn, NSW, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed for a week in early October after coming from Athens and afterwards going onto the UK. I won't repeat the superlatives you can read in other reviews - they are all true.

I can add a couple of anecdotes you won't see elsewhere.

My wife and I are both in our sixties and find the shower amenities in many hotels to be a problem - specifically the arrangement whereby the shower is over a bath. This can be a difficulty when one is getting out by stepping over a high bath side onto a wet, slippery floor. For us this is, as they say, an accident waiting to happen. This was the problem we found at Anastasis where the bathroom floor is laid with highly polished marble.

We mentioned this to the reception staff in the hope they might be able to help and were flabbergasted to find within two hours that Despina, the owner, had gone to the local market to purchase a remedy for our problem. She arrived at our unit with a large roll of green felt-like carpet which fixed everything - no more potential for slipping anywhere in the bathroom. We were most impressed.

And one more little story - within 24 hours of our departure we received an email from Despina to say a pair of earrings had been found in our room and where would we like them sent. We replied with an address and found them waiting at the local post office on our return to Australia.

So all the superlatives you will read in other reports are true, we just had a little extra and different experience - the cream on the cake you might say.

Room Tip: As far as we could see they're all good
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank GreyNomad08
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This hotel is without question the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The service is above and beyond anything I have ever experienced. It lives up to the hype and then some and deserves all the praise found throughout the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor.

We stayed for 7 nights on our honeymoon and for us it was just perfect. Some might say this is too long to stay in Santorini, but when you are staying at Anastasis it isn't long enough. We stayed in a suite on the second floor. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. Probably the most comfortable of any bed I've slept in on a trip to Europe. The places is kept sparkling clean.

The view is unreal. Like all tourists to Santorini, we spent a sunset in Oia, but for us, watching from our balcony the other nights was a much better way to enjoy sunset.

The food was really good. We enjoyed enormous breakfasts on our balcony and we often enjoyed a small lunch and snacks at the hotel. The tzatziki they served was the best we had on our two week trip to Greece.

It's hard to explain the service. But everyone one from Despina to her entire staff goes out of the way to make sure you don't have to lift a finger or waste a minute of your time when you should be relaxing. The restaurant recommendations were great and they were helpful getting us reservations when needed. An example of this is when we first arrived, I didn't have any Euros. I wanted to take a taxi into town to use the ATM and instead they insisted on lending me some cash until I was going to town anyway for dinner the next day. They wouldn't let me waste the time or money to take trip into town just to use the ATM's.

For us the location was not a problem. It was nice how quiet it was and removed from all the busy tourist spots. When we were in Fira or Oia and the cruise passengers suddenly arrived in the thousands, it was nice to retreat to Anastasis. It's an inexpensive cab ride to dinner in Fira and I'd say it's worth it to be able to escape.

My only tip for Anastasis -- if you can schedule it right, make it the last stop on your trip. We made the mistake of making it our first stop, which was nice after the hectic wedding. But when we continued on to Naxos and Athens, everything else just seemed that much worse in comparison.

I have many places in the world I wish to visit, this might be the first I consider returning to just for the hotel experience.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a room on the second floor. The views are great and it's a bit more pr...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Adam R
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I don't need to repeat what others said. Everything in this hotel is above and beyond. The attention to details, the pool, the service, the staff, the location, the quietness, the rooms, the breakfast, and many others.

This is by far one of the best hotels in the world, and this is understatement.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aeromotive
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here in the white suite for our honeymoon in August. The service, from start to finish, was exceptional. Despina and her team were always on hand to help, and were extremely friendly and welcoming. Despina made many helpful and reliable recommendations for local restaurants and activities. We were also impressed by the surprise (and occassionally quirky) extras that we received each day! The accommodation was very impressive - with a very comfy bed, immaculate and well laid-out room with a spectacular view from the terrace. This is an exceptional small hotel, with an exceptionally friendly and dedicated manager who genuinely cares about your holiday. Thanks to Despina and the team for a wonderful holiday!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Edendweller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
5.3 km away
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#10 of 48 in Imerovigli
1.3 km away
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Anastasis Apartments? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK