“Exceeded our high honeymoon expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Astra Suites

Astra Suites
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
“Exceeded our high honeymoon expectations”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I did a lot of research before deciding on Astra Suites for our honeymoon. I probably had unreasonably high expectations by the time I arrived, but from the moment we arrived everything was just perfect. We already know we will return to Santorini to celebrate an anniversary and we will no doubt stay at Astra Suites. We had the opportunity to see some of the other places we were considering to stay and none came close.

The entire staff was friendly and very helpful, makes a difference, they strike the perfect balance of warmth and unobtrusiveness. From the greeting we received from George telling us about all the wonderful things to do on the island and the features of the hotel made us certain we were in good hands. Valentina is a real superstar in the hospitality business, she helped us with all of our bookings and questions. Although you know she is very busy, when you are in her office she makes you feel like you are the most important people on the island. If I was going to open a hotel in Santorini, the first thing I would do is try to hire Valentina, George and the whole staff. They make that big of a difference, they really know what they are doing.

We did a lot of exploring while we were there and there is no doubt that the very best view of the caldera is from your Astra Suites balcony. You could honestly spend your entire time sipping white wine (made on the island) on your balcony enjoying the view and be extremely happy. It provides an incredible view of the famous Santorini sunset which lives up to it billing. Sunsets in Santorini are ritualistic and place you firmly in the present moment, such a nice experience for the honeymoon. A close second is the delicious breakfasts delivered to be enjoyed on your balcony (Astra suites robe and slippers are the dress code for this breakfast), such a peaceful way to start another great day in Santorini.

Dinner and room service at Astra Suites are awesome. This place has it all and I promise you will be extremely happy booking here. I know it seems expensive, I am normally a bit frugal and I would describe it as a value. I agonize over making reservations abroad (site unseen other than photos) and I must have said it 10 times each day how happy I was with the decision to book at Astra Suites. We only stayed for 4 nights, but wished we spent our entire honeymoon there (and we stayed at some objectively very good places while on vacation). We stayed at another comparably priced hotel in Mykonos (this hotel also has a location in Santorini, imerovigli in fact) and it was not even close on any score.

I have never written a review on TripAdvisor, but in this case I felt compelled. Astra Suites is that good. You will be happy with your decision to book here.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank TimothyFoley
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Wonderful place, tranquil, amazing views, fabulous staff, could not fault anything, we LVOED it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jo m
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband and I spent 5 days at this hotel during our honeymoon stay, we were there in Ocotober. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating, they provided a lot of tourist information about the island and what we could do and see while we were there. They made arrangements for our car rental and dinner reservations and loaned us a laptop every night, they offer free wifi. The hotel is in great condition and the rooms are clean with comfortable furniture. The sunset views are AMAZING! While we were there they brought us breakfast to our room every morning, I fell in love with the coffee pot they brought it in, once we came home my husband emailed the staff and asked if he could purchase the pot, they mailed it to the US as a thank you gift with no charge and my husband surprised me with it...now that is service.
You won't regret your stay with them.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms sit off of a cliff so you have a perfect view of the beautiful mediterranean
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josie C
Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I have just spent 4 nights at Astra Suites and it was truly wonderful.
As a female traveling alone I am always searching for that perfect place
What a pleasure to have a room with incredible views to wake up to every morning, breakfast made to order delivered when you feel like it, wifi that works and most of all very special staff to help you and welcome you back at the end of the day. A perfect getaway!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank junevolante
South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The hotel has 27 units each with a balcony overlooking the wide expanse of the Mediterranean Sea. The rooms overlook the Caldera, the oceanic crater formed when the Santorini volcano erupted. The apartments were quaint and adorable, and the view was magnificent and breathtaking. The apartments were situated on a cliff that made you feel isolated and in paradise. Each morning, you get a fresh, delicious, varied breakfast on your balcony, and it is just such an incredible was to start your day! There is also a wonderful infinity pool. This is such a special hotel, and it is so relaxing and peaceful there - highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mindy F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
0.6 km away
Katikies Hotel
Katikies Hotel
#8 of 54 in Oia
0.4 km away
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK