I did a lot of research before deciding on Astra Suites for our honeymoon. I probably had unreasonably high expectations by the time I arrived, but from the moment we arrived everything was just perfect. We already know we will return to Santorini to celebrate an anniversary and we will no doubt stay at Astra Suites. We had the opportunity to see some of the other places we were considering to stay and none came close.
The entire staff was friendly and very helpful, makes a difference, they strike the perfect balance of warmth and unobtrusiveness. From the greeting we received from George telling us about all the wonderful things to do on the island and the features of the hotel made us certain we were in good hands. Valentina is a real superstar in the hospitality business, she helped us with all of our bookings and questions. Although you know she is very busy, when you are in her office she makes you feel like you are the most important people on the island. If I was going to open a hotel in Santorini, the first thing I would do is try to hire Valentina, George and the whole staff. They make that big of a difference, they really know what they are doing.
We did a lot of exploring while we were there and there is no doubt that the very best view of the caldera is from your Astra Suites balcony. You could honestly spend your entire time sipping white wine (made on the island) on your balcony enjoying the view and be extremely happy. It provides an incredible view of the famous Santorini sunset which lives up to it billing. Sunsets in Santorini are ritualistic and place you firmly in the present moment, such a nice experience for the honeymoon. A close second is the delicious breakfasts delivered to be enjoyed on your balcony (Astra suites robe and slippers are the dress code for this breakfast), such a peaceful way to start another great day in Santorini.
Dinner and room service at Astra Suites are awesome. This place has it all and I promise you will be extremely happy booking here. I know it seems expensive, I am normally a bit frugal and I would describe it as a value. I agonize over making reservations abroad (site unseen other than photos) and I must have said it 10 times each day how happy I was with the decision to book at Astra Suites. We only stayed for 4 nights, but wished we spent our entire honeymoon there (and we stayed at some objectively very good places while on vacation). We stayed at another comparably priced hotel in Mykonos (this hotel also has a location in Santorini, imerovigli in fact) and it was not even close on any score.
I have never written a review on TripAdvisor, but in this case I felt compelled. Astra Suites is that good. You will be happy with your decision to book here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini, Europe - Imerovigli