My wife and I visited Astra Suites on our honeymoon and it did not disappoint. We were a little skeptical about the location since it was outside of Fira but the walk from the hotel to Fira is incredible and you really get a chance to see some of the homes of the island residents. Astra's rooms are immaculate and the service second to none. Each morning the hotel offered free breakfast with the best chocolate chip muffins you could ask for. The concierge had amazing suggestions every day for us to enjoy the island and also offer currency exchange for a good price. They set us up with an ATV to get around the island for a decent price and suggested we take the sailboat tour around the Caldera. The sailboat trip is a must do and was one of the highlights of our honeymoon.
The pool is great but at the beginning of May was a bit cold. Drinks at the pool bar are fantastic while watching the sunset. The bathrooms are a great size and perfectly clean.
Definitely tour the island and go to the beaches. The red sand beach is especially incredible. You should also take the vineyard tour. The concierge can help but do not take the main tour as it is full of tourists. The concierge recommended tour is better and less crowded. You will have great wines and learn a ton about the islands history.
I highly recommend the hotel and we have absolutely nothing negative to include here. Oh, and the price is fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini, Europe - Imerovigli