“Made our honeymoon - best part of the trip”
Review of Aqua Luxury Suites

Aqua Luxury Suites
Ranked #7 of 29 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
“Made our honeymoon - best part of the trip”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Aqua Suites is one of the best places I have stayed in my life. Background: I have traveled to about 40 countries and I prefer Relais & Chateaux and Leading Hotels of the World properties; Aqua seriously exceeded my expectations. It is stunningly beautiful! And elegant! And clean! And with excellent service! And the views! Magnificent sunset views over the Caldera - though gazing at the Caldera any time of the day is breathtaking. Picking Aqua was kind of high-stakes for me: I was planning our honeymoon, and I wanted everything to be just right. And oooh, it really was. We stayed in a two-bedroom villa with ocean views, its own large patio (like a 5th room), its own hot tub on the deck, beautiful Italian linens, and even an elegant little kitchen with high-design appliances (I wanted to bring the Smeg fridge home with me. I would not have thought in advance that the *fridge* would e part of my memories of Santorini). And, the service was incredibly helpful and friendly. Our concierge, Sergio, made sure we were effortlessly set up with exactly the sailing excursions, dining experiences, and airport transfers that we wanted/needed. I would recommend Aqua Suites to any of my friends, without hesitation, and definitely hope to go back. Maybe for our 5th anniversary. :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
filipine
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Aqua is definitely a nice hotel with nice rooms and all comforts of a beautiful holiday.We had a big room and a personal jacuzzi of course together with a terrace on the cliff.
We spent the best days of our lives to Aqua Suites Hotel Santorini.Really want this way to thank Sergio for everything he did for us, professional style to serve a delicious breakfast.His omelets was definitely the best we ever tried.His way to serve wine surprised us all because he knew so much about that wine and about the taste.It`s incredible how he run almost all day on those stairs,how he pick up our luggage without any problem(the luggage were quite heavy.Thanks Sergio.
I can say about the hotel is wonderful, a great place with a very nice manager who helped us with all possible information.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Santorini is a place that God made for the specific purpose of taking your breath away. My wife and I read some great reviews about the place on tripadvisor and booked Aqua Suites for our honeymoon after looking at some of the great things people had to say about it. And undoubtedly it was one of the best decisions we made. We informed the hotel that we would be going there for our honeymoon and would love their assistance to make our stay memorable. They gave us one of the finest rooms they had, and what a room it was. With a view of the sea, the islands and the volcano from what is referred to as the balcony of Santorini, I could not believe how beautiful it was. Andy, the receptionist/manager, was an absolute sweetheart. She was extremely helpful and gave us all the advice and help we needed. Furthermore, we had to checkout very early in the morning and she was there herself to ensure that we had no problems doing so (by early I mean at 5 in the morning!). Our room had an excellent deck with an outdoor hot-tub and the breakfast there was excellent as well. In all, I would give this place a solid 10 if not more. It truly was a beautiful place to spend our honeymoon in and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Just ask! Everyone there is helpful!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank malikbari
Shanghai
Reviewed 10 February 2011

If heaven exists, then I think I found it in Santorini. I brought my girlfriend here in 2008 to propose. How could she say no?!

Aqua Suites is located in a little town just north of Fira (the main town). It is close enough to the Fira and Oia but far enough away that you get a lot of privacy.

The view is absolutely breathtaking. You feel like a god looking down on the Earth. We stayed in the main suite with the mini pool and spend most of our time lounging around the patio. The service was amazing - George and the rest of the staff did everything they could to make sure we had the best experience.

The only drawback was the price - this place isn't cheap but if you ever feel the urge the spoil yourself, I can't think of a better place (and I have travelled a lot in my life!)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Santorini, Greece
Reviewed 3 January 2011

This was pure bliss, hands down the most romantic place my boyfriend and I have been, and we travel frequently. We stayed in the honeymoon suite with outdoor jacuzzi, and it was even better than you see in the pictures on the website (please take the time to look at the pictures I have uploaded). Everything was thought of, we thought breakfast was wonderful, and the service impeccable.

Guys if you visit Santorini you MUST stay here!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple