“Generous hosts”
Review of The Athenian House

The Athenian House
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Imerovigli
Price range: US$ 34 - US$ 114
Description: The Athenian House offers an unforgettable gourmet experience based on creative Greek cuisine. Famous chef Dimitris Skarmoutsos, has created an extraordinary menu, complemented by sophisticated wine, champagne and spirits list, proposed by oenologist Panos Zouboulis. Enjoy a memorable gastronomical journey throughout different regions of Greece, rich in flavors, aromas & nutritional values.
Reviewed 15 October 2018

A fantastic view from this restaurant. The staff are friendly and the food is good. We were surprised by the generosity of the hosts who gave us complimentary courses (when were only really intending to eat main course) ... we left feeling very full while grateful, as we got to try dishes that we didn't order but were delicious.

1  Thank Emma H

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner. All of the food was great. Usually the restaurants which have good food let you down at the desserts. But the desserts here were the best dish. The baklava is unbelieveble. And the terrace and the sunset is truly beautiful. A bit exspensive but worth it. I was told not to wear heals because there is quite a walk to the restaurant but hey, i’m a dude so I could sacrifice a night without heels.

1  Thank tinakislo22
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked here last minute for my birthday. I had called earlier in the day, briefly mentioned it was my birthday and booked a table for that night. The food was all fantastic from start to finish, each course was explained brilliantly by our fantastic server. Our wine was attentively topped up between courses. The icing on the cake was the complimentary dessert with a candle that was brought at the end of the meal. A really really nice touch. If you want brilliant food, in a brilliant location with brilliant service... go here.

1  Thank MattFitz89
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I just recently visited Santorini with my brother and sister. We went to Athenian House for dinner and were not disappointed. I had read about the restaurant on several blogs and thought it would be a great place to celebrate my sisters 30th birthday. The ambiance is incredible. They have a terrace with great views. You will likely need a reservation to dine here.

The staff was so friendly and we were actually brought out several dishes to try that we didn't even order and they were fantastic!! The food was incredible. We all ordered different dishes, the grouper, lobster spaghetti, and lamb. ALL were so delicious. I honestly can't say enough about this restaurant. I will definitely be back and it would be a shame to visit Santorini without also visiting this restaurant!

1  Thank Mjc11345
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Words cannot describe the magical feeling we experienced while dining at this restaurant in late August. The view of the Caldera during sunset was a once in a lifetime experience. The food was just superb, perfectly cooked, and exquisitely presented. We loved the interpretation and touch that the chef gave to some traditional Greek dishes. The pairing wines recommended by the waiter were the best we had in Greece; and the deserts.. one was better than the other (we tried three of them); But what made this an unforgettable dinner was the excellent service of the waiters and the genuine interest of Konstantinos, the owner. We will never forget his emotions and personal affection when he heard that we are originally from one of his favorite places in the world. We will definitely visit again

Date of visit: August 2018