See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2015

I have reviewed this hotel before but I would just like to confirm that it is a lovely little hotel
I booked direct with the owner Panos asking if I could have a room on the second floor and this is what I got . He will arrange a taxi transfer with a local driver at a very good price
I found my room comfortable with a large bathroom and slept extremely well which is unusual for me.
The pool area is lovely and peaceful with a nice little snack bar. The village is very close with nice restaurants and bars and the nearest shop is very close.
Unlike one reviewer I would like to say as there is a lift the stairs are not a problem and there is not so many stairs anyway. If you can't handle steps then don't go to Galini as it is full of them.
Also Panos and his family are most definately NOT German .Panos is a friend of my brother in law who was born in Agia Galini and to the best of my knowledge so was Panos and his family. Also there is a good mix of guests including English ones

Thanks Panos and family for yet another enjoyable stay and see you all next year

Room Tip: I believe they are all good Tje economy ones have a smaller bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

I have been coming here twice a year for the last 4 years and it was my wedding mentioned in a previous post. The whole Greek family (not German as some Muppet thought last year) could not have made the whole experience any better. Cheap friendly authentic and genuine best sums up the hotel and the village perfectly. Panos, Iris, Irene and Anna aided by Manos never fail to make you feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble. If you want a 5 star all inclusive tacky holiday then Agia Galini is not for you. If you want a slow chilled out break in a clean and comfortable hotel then this is the place for you.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phil W
Reviewed 30 August 2015

We have just got back from this lovely spot having been over for my sisters' wedding.

My sister has been staying at this hotel for over 15 years and constantly raves about how nice it is, how unspoilt and friendly the people are, and how we must go. Well this year she forced our hand by getting married there and we made the trek - and it was worth it. It is exactly as she described and all the better for it. We stayed in the 2 bed seaview apartment which is just up the hill from the hotel - be warned though ; the hills are not for the faint hearted but they do help keep your waistline trim which is a bonus because the food and drink in Agia Galini is really good !
Panos, Manos & Iris along with Papa and all the family made us feel very welcome and it was clear that , having grown up with their family over the past 15 years , my sister ( and by extension ; us ) were also included as family. It was a lovely feeling.

The apartment was spacious and had a lovely seaview balcony. We had clean sheets and towels every second day, but we also had a washing machine which was a great bonus. The beds are a little hard, but I don't think that's unusual over there. Free wifi with really good coverage in the apartment kept our teen happy !

The village is a 10 minute walk downhill from the apartments ( it's very steep uphill on the way home ! ) and the great selection of bars and restaurants all offer great Greek food at incredibly cheap prices - think Europe 20 years ago before the chavvy, chips with everything brigade spoiled it !!

In the opposite direction is the beach, along which there are more bars and restaurants to choose from - you really are spoilt for choice.

If you are looking for somewhere to just chill out, get some sun and have a good time without spending a fortune, you won't go wrong by booking to come here. It's a bit of a trek across the island from the airport at Heraklion , but you won't be disappointed and Panos and his family will take very good care of you.

Room Tip: Seaview apartments give you privacy and quiet, but hotel rooms are nice also.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank WhereUBin
Reviewed 5 October 2014

Hi, Just returned from this hotel and decided to post a review, we were there for 1 week commencing 29 September 14, so quite late in the season
This is a small hotel of approx 25 rooms set on many different levels all looking towards AG and the sea beyond, although rooms on the lower levels will only look over the pool area. The hotel provides B&B accommodation, with breakfast served on a small terrace. The rooms are simply furnished but spacious with TV and a fridge, but thats all. Take your own travel kettle if like us you need hot drinks first and last thing. Our room, 202, had an over bath shower which was fine, again the bathroom was o good size, although the tiling was a little dated. Our balcony was small but looking around the others were generally much larger than purs.Everything was spotlessly clean and well maintained so in my view better than the two star it had been rated by some. Breakfast was not very inspiring (boring with little choice and no hot food) which was about the only negative point I would raise. There was plenty of parking space and its only 200m, on the level to the shops and restaurants of AG as unlike most hotels this one is at the bottom of the hill side and close to the centre of AG. There are lots of steps within the hotel though !There is a nice pool area and they serve snacks from a pool bar although we never used the pool as we explored during the day.
The owners are German like most of the guests and holiday makers in this part of Crete, they spoke good english and were very helpful when we needed our boarding passes printing off.
So in all I would recommend to anyone looking for quiet, decent accommodation close to the centre of AG.
Top tip : Choose a room on the second floor and ask for a large balcony.
Just remembered to mention that there is free wifi and it worked well for us.
You MUST visit Agia Georgios, 6Km walk, Agios Pavos and Triopetra all within a 40 minute stunning drive, ill post some photos.

Room Tip: Second floor room with a large balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paul_rook
Reviewed 30 September 2014

Me and my fiancée stayed in the seaview apartment which is also owned by panos and I must say it was brilliant , fantastic seaview , modern 1 bedroom apartment with all mod cons ( even a washing machine ) cleaner came every 2 days and changed towels and bedding every time , apart from there not being a toaster it was faultless , defo go back.

• Stayed: September 2014