All reviewsan excellent basespent nightsstunning viewshillagiacretachaniakissesrelaxation
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I am in love with this place. Honestly, one of the biggest regrets of my trip to Crete was that we couldn't stay here longer, because two nights was definitely not enough.

The reservation process happened entirely by e-mail and was so efficient and professional. When we finally arrived, my jaw dropped -- stunning view, pristine apartments, fantastic amenities (including a library).

We were there in May, so it was too chilly to swim or even enjoy the balcony to its fullest. Since Nymphes sits atop a mountain, the wind is quite strong up there, so keep that in mind if you go during low-season. Also, it's a bit removed from the town, which sits along the water down below, so you'll need a car to come and go.

Though breakfast isn't served at Nymphes, we found a small grocery store in town and were able to self-cater quite conveniently.

I wish I could return to Nymphes in warmer weather and stay a lot longer. It was a little piece of heaven!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mosaloca
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have been going here every year for at least 5 years, and it always is an amazing experience. Not far from Heraklion (25km/25min) and from the beach (Ag. Pelagia, ~15min by car). It is up on a hill and thus very quiet, which is always hard to find in Crete in the summer. The evenings are often cool with a night breeze, which is a blessing in the hot Cretan summer. Pepi is a wonderful host, and takes care of any requests you may have with a smile and the traditional Cretan hospitality. The views from the balconies are truly amazing and breathtaking -- I could stay on the balcony for the entire vacation. The swimming pool is 12m long, which makes it great for relaxation but also for (light) workout swimming which is also great given how much one eats in the surrounding tavernas.
All in all, I cant say enough good things about the Nymphes apartments, they are just wonderful !!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RivieraGuy
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We have had a wonderful week in our beautiful, quiet, neat and very clean apartment at Nympes! Pepy ensures a warm welcome with fresh fruit, flowers and wine. And then the fantastic view, beautiful any time of the day.
No problem with ATMs or petrol tanks, so go to Crete, stay at Nymphes and enjoy!
Tip: eat at Kri-Kri in Agia Pelagia, and go the beach at Elafonissi: a long drive but really beautiful!

Room Tip: Every apparment has a wonderfull view overloooking the sea, so they are all beautifull.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank han_louise
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Pepe's wonderful apartments are exactly as mentioned in almost all of the Trip Advisor reviews . . . fabulous views, very upscale features (versus many others in Greece), quiet and yet close to Ag. Pelagia and the Heraklion airport and sites. Pepe, a retired civil engineer, did a super job in choosing the site and designing the property. Other than being hard to find and the rugged half mile road up the mountain, I grade it as near perfect. There is NO doubt that you need a car (or a fat pocketbook for taxis), unless you just plan to sit on your terrace or around the pool all the time. There is just not a logical way to walk anywhere. Pelagia is a shabby village of concrete buildings set upon a picture postcard cove. Killer views day and night. Nice beach and about 25 restaurants that are all very similar, although Mouragio stood out as the best, with El Greco second. The well-regarded Bazaar is now closed. And a new one opened when I was there and I was quite impressed with it, albeit pricey . . .Almera (sp?) at the north end of the beach.
All in all, this is a delightful and reasonably-priced place to stay. Nice cats. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: All the rooms have good views. Some larger than others. I would have been fine with any of them.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Kingpin26
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My husband and I stayed for 1 week, in October, at Nymphes, a gorgeous retreat high on a hill overlooking the sea and the town of Agia Pelagia....a magnificent vista! Our hostess, Pepy, was friendly, helpful and most accommodating. We arrived late one night, after missing the laneway leading straight up to the apartment, several times!! Pepy had a beer and wine ready for us to enjoy, once we found her. The apartment was clean and well appointed, with everything we needed to cook meals. The patio/balcony provided an excellent view of the property/pool/countryside and was our private oasis at the end of our busy days of sightseeing. A car is a must for this location. Lots of parking is provided. Internet is also included in the rental price. * A note to travellers to Greece: Be sure to bring with you all paperwork/receipts/emails etc. relating to deposits paid/payment arrangements/etc. The Greek people are honest, but not very efficient with their paperwork. There was no problem whatsoever at Nymphes, but I will add this note to all of my reviews of the 5 places where we stayed during our 5 1/2 week visit to Greece.>

Room Tip: From what we could gather, all rooms have the same magnificent view...our room was on the top floor!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple