See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 December 2015

We stayed here for 2 nights in November. The room was large (almost like a mini apartment). As we were attending a 50th birthday party and we would be late getting back to the hotel we were able to use a separate entrance to the side. The breakfast was lovely with various types of bread, cold meats and fruit to choose from. The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2015

We stayed here for a wedding in May. We were a family of 5. The room was extremely clean, they had the beds laid out lovely for the kids with a travel cot for the baby. We were very impressed with the overall appearance of the hotel, the balcony was a bonus and was lovely to sit out on. Staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast was open buffet European style and the staff were extremely accommodating when it came to refills and supplying us with the boiling water for our Irish teabags ;) Thanks guys. Would highly recommend this friendly hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MelissaCampbell00
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was sort of stranded in Tettnang after a company party there and had to get back to Munich somehow. The staff researched on my behalf and eventually handed me an itinerary for getting a bus to a nearby town that had Deutschbahn service connections to Munich. In many other hotels I've stayed in, people would have said, "Just use our Wi-Fi to find what you need" -- but these folks genuinely care about their guests. I'm looking forward to staying there again for next year's company party. Room 28 has a split away living room area and a door to a balcony. Oh, and the breakfast buffet was great, too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SelfExiled
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was in Tettnang for 2 days + 2 nights and I found the location to be very convenient. Its 10 minutes from Freidrichschafen airport which takes about 15 euros at night. They are open late till 10:30 pm. I was given room 14 which was great . The double beds are very comfy and warm with large soft pillows, the attached bathroom is clean with a tub and shower + potty, with ready to use gels and all. The tv is an led tv with all German tv channels. There is a radio attached to one of the bed sides and the opening door to the balcony provides a good view of the minimal road traffic of the main traffic circle. The room is very well lit with lights under curtains and behind the beds and in front of the door. All these lights are well chosen halogen lamp quality with good ambient lighthing which is never glary. I would say the vibe is very homely and cozy. You can ask for a hot drink or cold drink at night before bed time. The breakfast was sumptuous with lots of pork salami, cheese, fruit juices and the breads. They provide tourist information as well, the town is charming and though not much of busy vibes has a very old world feel, I love it. The hotel rooms upstairs are sound proofed from the floors below. For night travellers they do provide code locks that give out the respective keys from a key dispensing machine that can be used to enter from the backdoor, the area has movement activated lights so its not really a dark alley entry feel. All in all I did find the place very comfortable with the hosts very sweet and nice. I would love to be there again.

They may have closed the restaurant due to business reasons however any sort of meals can be taken just stone throws away at one of the many restaurants and eateries in the bazaar right along the road. They also book taxis for early morning flights.

I surmise they might have taken into account some of rather negative reviews and improved those things that proves they believe in customer service, and that I did not find any thing I could point a finger at. I am glad cos I am very picky.

Great time!

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony have a better feel to it, the traffic noise is minimal to non existant and give s a good pondering spot.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a nice hotel with clean decent size rooms. We stayed here for 4 nights on business and it was value for money. The breakfast was very good and they also prepared an omelette on request for no additional charge. The staff was very courteous and helpful. This is an old building not exactly designed to be an Hotel so please do not expect a fancy reception or large lifts, but nonetheless, it has all the basic amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business