“Highly recommended: great food, friendly people”
Review of I Fratelli

I Fratelli
Ranked #10 of 77 Restaurants in Corte
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Cuisines: French
Description: Traditional Corsican restaurant located at the foot of the citadel, in the most panoramic view of Corte. Shady and quiet of the fact that the cars can park in the car park of the citadel, located 200m from the restaurant.
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Beautiful, peaceful location and great food made for the perfect evening dinner. The salads were excellent as was the fresh fruit salad dessert. Just perfect!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 31 December 2016

My wife, 17 year old daughter and I stumbled upon this restaurant while en route to the Belvedere Point Panoramique (which I recommend, especially toward the end of the day when the light improves with the setting sun). You actually have to walk through the restaurant to get to the scenic viewpoint. We were getting a bit hungry as we climbed the stairs to the panoramique - and, talked about eating in I Fratelli - but, decided it looked a tad 'too touristy.' After hanging at the viewpoint for awhile (and taking millions of photos), we were even hungrier and as we passed through decided to give it a shot. Eating outside in such a scenic spot was just too inviting. Well, the evening temperatures were perfect for outside dining, service was great, and our meals and desserts were delicious - so, overall, I Fratelli was a big hit. All the tables around us were enjoying their meals. The whole restaurant was in a happy place. I recommend I Fratelli for a pleasant and very satisfying meal - especially on a summer night.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Bede-Are
Reviewed 19 October 2016

very nice Restaurant, wonderful garden, very good meals and friendly staff! We have been dining there for 3 times in a week.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Although very busy, the service was excellent and the food was very delicious. Fixed price menu is excellent value and the house wine is perfectly acceptable.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 10 August 2016

We arrived at about 20:50. We were seated with normal service, ordered, and, we waited, waited, waited - and around 22:30 husband went to check out on what was going on - and, he was literally menaced by the boss and a server, really this close to getting touched. Really, the boss' face coming 10 cm to my husband's - then, they sent a waitress (also perfectly non competent and terrible service to begin with - who took 30 minutes to deliver just some water) to ask whether we want to "wait patiently for the unknown time until the food arrives or just pay for the drinks and go." We asked "where are you in the process of making our orders" but the waitress uncabable to give any indication chose the latter option (to simply go) despite our small children being completely hungry and waiting patiently for the past 1h30. I felt very bad for our children but well, we could not stay after such humiliation.
I have had not-so-great services in the past but I was never menaced so it came as a big shock. This lack of respect to the client, terrible service (we had to ask for water 3 times and wait 30 minutes, the menu was never delivered despite multiple requests so we got up and helped ourselved), add to that this unseen humiliation was something completely unacceptable in my view.
Whatever the quality of the food (which we were not able to judge) I urge you, readers of this review, never to drop any money in this restaurant, despite the could-be-seen-as-beautiful setting. They care nothing about the quality of service and think the clients will come as long as the location is good. Do not get yourselves taken advantage of or humiliated by this management with wrong ideas. Really a terrible place and I will never ever visit this place - which we randomly chose as it was the closest to our hotel. REALLY TERRIBLE. DO NOT GO.

Date of visit: August 2016