All reviewsspa suitevilla romanticacosta ricaother guestsour honeymoonnational geographic tourzip liningtree househowler monkeyssan josecanopy tourwhale's tailevery mealan adventurerainy seasonunique experiencetotal relaxation
Reviewed 10 October 2017

The opportunity to thank you and your staff for the care and compassion you bestowed on both Heather and I during the storm is an opportunity that I am so grateful to be able to share.

To begin with, our stay at Rancho Pacifico was like a dream. Staying in the treehouse amongst the trees, overlooking the ocean and waking up in the clouds was nothing less than magical. The food was more than above average with all dietary requests addressed without the loss of creativity and deliciousness. The bar drinks were always top shelf with the freshest of ingredients.

I could go on about all that we experienced but really want to focus my words of praise to the staff of Rancho Pacifico. During a time of tragedy, a national weather disaster (Hurricane Nate) that affected the entire country, your staff took care of us as if we were royalty. They encountered numerous dangerous situations to protect us and ensured that we would be safe. Even though devastation was happening all around us, we were put into the safest nearby accommodations and we were kept informed of the situation on a regular basis by your staff. When it was time for us to find our way home, Rancho Pacifico provided us two staff escorts on the daunting ten hour drive to the airport due to flooding and road closures which far exceeded our expectations. Even communicating with our family members in Canada when we could not be in contact while on our journey back to the airport was handled with the utmost care. I really cannot thank you and your staff enough for not only exceeding our expectations but having so much empathy to go well beyond a resort/vacationer relationship and ensuring our complete safety all throughout a national disaster. Remembering the experience brings tears to my eyes as I completely understand the measures everyone of your staff went through to ensure our safe return to Canada in times of their own personal tragedy.

When you ask if we return to Rancho Pacifico, my answer is a resounding yes!! Prior to the day that the storm hit, Heather and I were talking about bringing our significant others back just to experience the spectacular views. Now, we are wanting to bring them back to experience so much more!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie K
RanchoPacifico, Owner at Rancho Pacifico, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hi Julie, thanks so much for your kind words. The storm was certainly devastating to large parts of Costa Rica. I am so happy that our staff was able to keep you out of harm's way. I'm also delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your days at Rancho Pacifico prior to the storm. I love your idea of coming back with your significant others! Next time, we hope you'll be able to enjoy the full RP experience without interruption. -Mark

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing stay at RP! The top ranking of this property here is well deserved. I can not praise the staff enough for their outgoing friendly personalities, attention to the smallest details and making us feel welcome. Nothing was a problem and they went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful stay.

The setting is amazing, at the border of a cloud forest with spectacular sea and jungle views. No AC is needed. Uvita town and beaches are only about 10 minutes down the road. It's a steep and bumpy ride but well worth it, they do have a driver if you prefer not to driver, though for us it was part of the adventure.

The rooms are large and comfortable and have all the amenities one needs. The restaurante serves top notch dishes and excellent cocktails, a great place to relax in the evenings.

This was the first hotel we stayed in Uvita, as we had split our stay between RP and another hotel which we immensely regretted.

Highly recommend if you plan to visit the are. We will be back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
RanchoPacifico, Owner at Rancho Pacifico, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thanks George for your kind words. We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. You are certainly right about our staff. They are always happy to serve con mucho gusto - with much pleasure. Next time your travel plans bring you back to Uvita, we would be thrilled to host your entire visit. -Mark

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This was our third trip to the beautiful country of Costa Rica and our first time in Uvita.

Rancho Pacifico was recommended to us by a traveler we met at Nayara Springs /La Fortuna in 2016. The traveler had stated that if we enjoyed Nayara Springs (beautiful accomodations and excellent service) we would enjoy RP. I am also hesitant to stay somewhere based on one person's recommendations without doing my own research so I did my research and was more than pleased with our choice.

My husband and I stayed at RP four 4 nights after staying at Bosque del Cabo. When we arrived we were greeted by Mark (the owner) in town--one of the most pleasant people you will ever meet.

The drive up to RP and down to Uvita definitely requires a 4 wheel drive! I believe you are about 4,000 feet above sea level. It's like being in Monte Verde cloud forest.

We typically travel to Costa Rica in rainy season as we don't mind the afternoon rains and there are less people. RP is a small boutique hotel and never very busy which we enjoy.

I have to say that the accomodations at RP are fantastic, however my favorite part was the food as you can tell by the many foodie pics :) The food is excellent and the presentation awesome. 5 Star meals every day! Anna was our host and waitress nearly every morning and on some nights. She is such an amazing and genuinely sweet person. The bartender. Vienney is pretty special also! I loved how he would make drink recommendations based on the dinner menu. A special thank you to Mark for including my husband in the sampling of beer for RP :)

The waterfall hike is a must. Mia, the pug, may even try and join you. Don't let her fool you. The hike is probably easier for her!

In closing I would like to say that the new owners Mark and Marlo were some of the most pleasant and best hosts we have every met. Upon our pickup in town, Mark advised us that he had upgraded our stay to the Tree House Suite. They provided us with a tour of the property and an update on what improvements they will be doing.

Upon returning home to Texas, we had a followup email asking about if we arrived home safely as we had cancelled flights due to Hurricane Harvey and traveled home via Guatemala City and Miami (18 hours of travel time), but we made it.

We hope to definitely return to RP and wish Mark and Marlo all the best in their new venture.

Room Tip: Loved the upper Tree House Suite!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristinaLM

Thanks Christina for your very kind review. Marlo and I really enjoyed getting to know both of you. We are delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay here at Rancho Pacifico. Most of all, we are glad you made it back to Texas safely while dodging hurricanes! Please pass along my thanks to Mark for helping with the beer tasting! I hope to see you both again soon. Perhaps you can make a return trip to see all of the improvements we are making? -Mark

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here at RP for our 3 year anniversary for 8 nights. It is also our 3rd time to Costa Rica and we love the country. When we arrived we were greeted by the staff and our bags were carried to our room. We did a quick check in and got the lay of the land. It was amazing, we were the only guests and had the resort to ourselves for the night!!! I don't know where to start. The property is beautiful. The spa is amazing.

It was rainy season which is the time we like and it rained nearly every late afternoon, evening and sometimes into the night. We loved it. The rain storms are awesome and powerful.

The best part: the food!!! The food is to die for. 5 stars all the way. We saw David and Juan cooking meals. And I never left feeling hungry. Actually quite the opposite toward the end I started leaving a little of each course as I was eating too much! Anna was our host and waitress nearly every morning and night. She is an amazing person and worker. Vienney is an amazing bartender. Dirty monkeys, coconut martinis, passion fruit margaritas...all delicious. I'm a scotch drinker mostly but he introduced me to Ron Centenario 25 year aged rum.

I feel bad. There is a young gal that checked us in and setup all our day trips for whitewater rafting, rappelling, etc. I can't remember her name but she gathered all the trips we wanted and planned them out and gave us a schedule to follow with perfect execution. Now if we could just follow maps. Haha. We got lost going to whitewater rafting due to our own ignorance :-).

The drive up to RP and down to Uvita is actually quite fun. You'll see what I mean when you go visit. 4 wheel low up hill for sure haha.

We met the new owners Mark and Marlo about half way through our stay. They emailed us asking for feedback. Since we left they told me they have renovated several things. Honestly I couldn't come up with any improvements to think of because it was already amazing. Now I want to go back to see the updates!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
RanchoPacifico, Owner at Rancho Pacifico, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Hi Tate - Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. It is a thrill for us to hear what a wonderful time you had here at Rancho Pacifico celebrating your anniversary. I couldn't agree more with your observations of our staff - they are the best! We also really appreciate the ideas and feedback you gave us. We are implementing them immediately along with many other improvements that are underway. We can't wait for you to come back and see us again - perhaps for your 4th anniversary? Warm regards, Mark.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We stayed for a week at the end of August and had a wonderful vacation in an idyllic setting. If you want amazing scenery, privacy, relaxation and a unique experience, Rancho Pacifico will not disappoint. The staff were delightful and very professional, the food was wonderful, really fresh, we ate there every night and loved it. We stayed in the Villa Romantica, which had amazing views from every angle with its own private plunge pool. The concierge arranged all our activities once we got there and we did a great canopy tour, rafting, an ATV tour and a whale watching, all were excellent. The property also has a waterfall which we hiked and we saw Toucans flying every day and heard monkeys in the trees! We also enjoyed massages at their spa. I would recommend renting a SUV as the property is about 3km from the town up a very steep hill. Rancho is under new ownership, we met the owners who were lovely and they have great plans to make RP even better, which is no small task. Overall it was a perfect trip to celebrate a milestone birthday. We would love to come back to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
RanchoPacifico, Owner at Rancho Pacifico, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

DublinDame, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us at Rancho Pacifico. I know we enjoyed celebrating your birthdays and seeing your amazing white water rafting photos. We are making lots of improvements here at RP (including one you suggested), so we hope you'll come back again soon to see how great it looks. Warm regards - Mark