“Worth the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Regal Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mahabaleshwar
Regal Hotel
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Mumbai, India
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Over all we had a good experience during our stay at this hotel in December 2011. Rooms are quite spacious and clean. Hotel ambience is good.

Serves pur veg food but the quality is amazing. We didn't miss much of non-veg food.

The approach road is a big problem and would be of great inconvenient to travellers who don't have their private vehicles. To add to the wooes there is no street lights so walking to the market place in the evening is out of question unless you take any vehicle.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Pushpal M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Thane, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

The price I paid for 2 nights was 12.8K and I must say .... It was not the most memorable new year I have had in my life. The Hotel is dull even on the new year. Veg food was decent... nothing out of the ordinary. I don't see them having taken any efforts for the customer to feel that they have made a right choice by paying a premium for the New Year night. Rooms however were clean and so was the bathroom. The linen was clean, but did not look fresh. There is nothing to do in this vast premise, with a pool and a small play area for kids. The Hotel staff were courteous and good.

Note: It is a total waste of money to spend a New Year night, where all you get is very ordinary service.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are better. Cottages are good as well
Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Arvind S
Navi Mumbai, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a highly overpriced hotel, after paying more than 5000 for one night, I get a view of dumping yard from the window, and noise of utensils being washed down. The bed sheets and pillow covers were stained and the towels were also not clean.
The washroom was very small and could have been cleaner.
The hotel serves only pure veg food, and that too is also not good. They serve baigan masala, aaloo pyaaz, and torai in meals, this is not what u expect to eat when on holiday.
The hotel does not have 24 hr hot water, hot water is available only from 7:30 to 9:30 in morning, that means you cannot even sleep late on your holiday.
On your check out date the hotel will call you at 7 am to remind that you have to leave by 8 am.
The hotel needs to learn a lot about hospitality, and improve their service.
This hotel is not recommended at all.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank abhishek1110
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We choose this hotel as we didn't get much option in the weekend. As per the reviews of different sites we choosen for Hotel Dreamland but the room availability was limited to only 1 day which was a bit difficult for us about the 2 days tour.

After looking out for Dreamland and Vimal Gardens (which I personally didn't like about the room) we went to Regal via an agent who was behind us for last 10 mintues.

My reviews:

Looks:

1) Okay, Resort Type but within a mini jungle.
2) You will find a lot of birds chirping but very often you will find visits of different monkeys and langoors withing it.
3) There is a dirty swimming pool which I think has not been cleaned within last 10 - 15 days of our visit.

Reachablity: Not Good, it is about 1 to 1.2 km from the Market/ Main bus stand.

Connectivity: No problem if you have the major ISP for mobile. I got my data connectivity too on Vodafone.

Power: There is a power cut in entire Mahabaleshwar for 4 hours (13:00 - 17:00).

Approach to resort:

1) Roads are broken for about .5 km and difficult for elderly people and small kids. There is absolutely no light for about 300 mtr and that is very dangerous if take a walk at evening due to broken roads.

2) The last .5 km passes through thick bushes and shrubs (rather a mini jungle) and you can find monkeys and Gray Langurs (Hanumans) on the road side and trees.

3) You can have a morning / evening walk to bus stand else you can take a taxi which will take 50/- to the market.

Safety: I didn't felt much unsafe except the monkeys within the campus and road side. Yes, if you walk through the last .5 km at night which we did you can easily feel the presence of animals (may be the monkeys / dogs) around you.

Rooms: 4 types,
1. Cottages: not worth a cottage
2. Pool facing Rooms: Good
3. Non pool facing rooms: Okay
4. Forest View: Not worth

Food:

Breakfast & Dinner (A la - Carte), Lunch: Meal
I felt a bit pricy over the menus and quality. Fixed Rate for Lunch and Dinner 200/- per person. No choice of food for yours and this is a pure Veg restaurant.

Behaviour: Poor

I am a frequent traveller specially during the weekends, But, beleive me I have never faced such type of behaviour specially if you go by the standard of this hotel. The manager needs a lot to learn in the tourism industry, rather I found the owner to be polished.

Incident 1: While showing the rooms the house keeping person, the security and the agent told that the pool side room is 1800/- which they will make 1500/- as this is off - season. But, the manager said it is 1800/- and when we asked those persons in front of all they were keeping quiet. The manager i think angry with them suddenly said to us. "Lena hain to lo 1800 mein warna abhi ek party aaya tha usne bhi 1500/- bola to humne bhaga diya usey resort se". We were surprised to find his attitude and way he spoke to us. To his statement I replied, "Aapko lagta hain ki main 12000/- kharcha karke Bangalore se flight mein aake sirf 300/- ke liye aapka yeh room nahi le paunga?" He was kept quiet to this reply.

Incodent 2: Although promised to run the generator during the power failure I found that the generator didn't run for 13:00 hrs - 14:00 hrs and 16:30 - 17:00 hrs for the 1st day. I am unable to comment on the intermittent hours as I went for sight - seeing.

The 2nd day too I found the generator was not there for 13:00 hrs to 13:30 hrs and then it was operated. I left at 14:00 hrs for sight seeing so not sure about the rest of hours.

Incident 3: They will call you over the phone for lunch / dinner during your stay and will ask you only one line. Are you coming for lunch / dinner? Before you ask them another line they will keep the telephone very quick and when asked they will say you to come down to their restaurant and discover the item there as they don't have much information about kitchen.

Incident 4: During the last night of my stay, I found that they put some umbrellas near the pool side for having dinner there if you wish and played some music which was adding some resort look. Just before the completion of dinner one of the guy present on restaurant let all the guests that a magic show has been arranged. By half of the show, the restaurant people and reception people went away from the respective places and at the end of show the magician and his party asked for Rs. 200/- from each guest party which I think none of us expected.

Incident 5: They will give you a wake up call at 06:30 in morning reminding that your check out is 08:00 and at exactly 08:00 there will be a person knocking at your door to check you out :)

Room Tip: Recommendations: I would not recommend travellers to check with other hotels like Rajesh or Dreamlan...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ranamome
Thane, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I and my wife stayed in this hotel from 12th November 2011 to 14th November 2011. It's a very big hotel. It has swimming pool, Big indoor games room which has two table tennis tables, two carrom tables and one chess table. For children too their is playing space and one can hire and ride bicycle inside the hotel premises.
Our experience was very good at this Hotel. Staff was courteous and helpful. Food was decent (Only veg) We stayed in their classic room which was clean. Toilets were clean.
Staff use to call us twice one in the morning to inform that Hot water has started and second in the late evening asking if we require anything.
However, one has to keep in mind while staying in this hotel is that you need to be back to hotel before 6 pm ie before sun sets as this hotel is at a 10 min walking distance from Market and the road towards the hotel is very isolated.
To sum it up our experience was good and all i can say is that whenever we will come back to Mahabaleshwar we will surely stay in this Hotel.

Room Tip: Since we went in November 2011. AC is not required. In fact we use to turn off the fans in the night...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple