We arrived in the early hours and found the check in rather abrupt, the porters were taking other people to their rooms, eventually a guest staying there helped us out. The room was clean -ish (I had to get a cleaner to remove something undesireable in the loo but that was no problem), the telly was a bit erratic, sparks only occasionally flew from it when I moved it. The initial negatives out of the way, we were in V block overlooking the pool. The room was cleaned to a high standard every day with fresh bedding and towels changed daily.
We took our own kettle as not provided for in the room but we 'splashed out' on room service occasionally. A good menu but sadly only available until 11pm.
Breakfast was simple, eggs cooked to order, fruits, cereals, toast, local dishes, heklp yourself to tea or coffee from the urn, but we chose to avoid the very sweet stuff and ordered our own pot of tea/coffee.
The staff and the massage/sauna staff were friendly, reception guys were helpful.
We ate in the hotel restaurant 3 nights each week, being given vouchers for 600 rupees for each meal for a total 6 meals in the fortnight. The food was delicious, i recommend the Xacuti, mutton or chicken especially. The entertainment in the evening was varied and ok.
We found that getting a sunbed at the hotel was difficult and one would have to play the game of getting up early to put your towel down. The pools are not big and a shame as swimming in the sea is not an option for anyone but a strong swimmer.
The hotel is situated opposite Titos Lane which is a short distance from the beach, but the road is chaotic, especially on a Saturday night, there are no pavements as such but this did not put us off.
Overall we found the hotel ideally placed for the beach, bars and restaurants, it was not pretentious and we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keys Ronil Resort, is a 3 star resort in Goa situated in Baga, a popular tourist beach. The 125 rooms are equipped to meet the requirements of both business and leisure travelers. The scrumptious multi-cuisine experience, picturesque views of the front and rear swimming pools, in-room facilities and conveniences and the 24-hour room service indulgence revitalizes you to experience the beauty and freedom of Goa. Goa has something to offer each and every traveler. Savor the warmth of the sun, sand and sea as well as of the locals. Discover the tangy spirit of traditional Goan cuisine and other free flowing spirits. Immerse yourself in long and reviving walks in its uncharted interiors, or relive the Portuguese era in awe with its regal churches and temples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelGuru, Agoda and ClearTrip so you can book your Keys Ronil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ronil Beach Hotel Baga
- Ronil Beach Resort Goa
- Ronil Beach Resort Calangute
- Ronil Beach Hotel Goa
- Ronil Beach Resort Baga
- Keys Ronil Resort Goa/Baga