“Best bistro food and service”
Review of Jamies Restaurant

Jamies Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Baga
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 19
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Jamie's has a lot going for it. First, and most importantly, Jamie is ever present in the kitchen, ensuring that the food is consistent and as described on the menu. Secondly, the service is fantastic. I am asked by my waiter if I am ready for my main course to be served. A first! Thirdly, the ambience is chilled: music is muted and lighting is subdued. Wonderful!

Now, the food. I call this a bistro because the food is tasty and lacks those pretensions that let down most of the other so called 'fine dining' joints. In no way is the term 'bistro' disparaging. On the contrary., I am addicted to their quesadilla with shitake mushrooms and smoked mozarella. Jamie will tweak your dish to your taste. I prefer my salsa spicy and he even provided me with an Indian version of sour cream when I had suggested that the dish would benefit from it. My partner loves Jamie's pot roast and I heard the crunch of my friend's tempura dish from across the table.

Really, the 'bang for your buck' element extends to the drinks when a small beer is 50 rupees and a main is aorund 270 rupees. Clever pricing; intuitive and creative dishes consistently provided and service that many a 5 star would covet. Love it!

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Jamie's is a great place to dine. Haven't had steaks that good and lemon tart that perfect anywhere. They were just brilliant. They also have well trained Silver Service Waiting Staff. Trip to Goa is incomplete without having to dine here.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The food was excellent. Maybe a bit more expensive than some. We booked in advance but the table we were give was not the best.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Loved the food here. Delicious and fair price. Service is good. But would definitely visit here again. Delicious fish curry..Seafood is fresh and good.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

There is something about Jamies that makes you want to go back. We love Goa (we are from Mumbai) and we visit once in two months. Each time I decide, 'this time we will discover new restaurants and try new places'. We do that, but we have to go to Jamies once a visit.
The last visit in late February we suddenly decided to eat there, and they had only one table available so we took it. The staff are always smiling, always helpful, I admire their attitude. Understated, yet interested in serving us. The open air garden with its serene ambience complements the cuisine which is adventurous and delicious. My husband always has the special Jamies pot roast chicken. I tried the Bangers and Mash, sumptuous. The pesto and pasta was perfect. What i like about Jamies also is that it cannot be classified as a category of family or romantic or foodie place, it caters to everyone because it has a great location and amazing food.