“Appalling slow on a footy night”
Review of Benny Burger

Benny Burger
Ranked #216 of 355 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This burger joint is not new but can’t get a burger served in under and hour on an MCC footy match night. It took over 20 mins to order as there was only one slow person taking orders and only 2.5 cooks. We waited over an hour for our food. It’s not worth the long wait, they need to get their service up to scratch. The manager needs to put more staff on, I felt for them being so stressed and under pressure.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

On a busy Saturday evening the restaurant was understaffed. The person taking orders and the kitchen staff worked at snail pace. We were advised that the wait for a burger would be at least half an hour, so we left. Really annoyed because I wanted a hamburger. Really badly managed business.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I love my cheesy fries and these definitely delivered. The burger was also quite nice, good size, not too big which I love but lots of flavour. I also liked that they had complimentary sparkling water on tap. My only feedback is about the fact that their entire menu is on the board above the bar with no paper or table menus available. As someone who has low vision this makes it really difficult for me to order. I’d suggest even having just one or two paper menus available for those of us that require them. If I hadn’t been there with a friend who could assist me, I unfortunately would of walked out without trying these great burgers.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

We went there with great expectations , bearing in mind that Shannon Bennett's name is attached, only to be amazed that the quality of the food did not match up to a local 'Greasy Joe's" fish and chip shop... As a start, my wife tried to order her selection, only to be told that that was not available... amazing, since it was only 6.30pm on a thursday, with only 3 tables filled at that time. Next, one would imagine that a Wagyu burger would be thick and juicy .. Not so , thin and dry. for the 2 burgers we ordered.. it almost seemed as if they were pre-cooked, chilled and warmed up. BUT the most amazing were the Fries.. limp, soggy and not a crispy one in sight. It was a shame to call them Fries, Mash Glug would have been a better.name..

1  Thank Sigi Z
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

The burgers here are pretty good. I tried the Yoga vegetarian option which was tasty and fresh flavoured. The Chang was also full of flavour and cooked well. The prices are reasonable in today's market especially considering the quality ingredients used. A couple of downsides was the cold fries we received and the fact that you can only order via Ubereats which is annoying.