All reviewsretail parkstayed herelovely staffno frillsthe sofa bedred pandabuffet breakfastlate checkice machinebudget hotelnorthern irelandasda supermarketself servicebelfast airportrooms are cleangreat value for moneyhotel is situated
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I have stayed in the hotel the past three years in a row. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, there's a good breakfast provided and the service is friendly particularly on reception and bar. Helena the manager looked after us very well and any queries, requests were answered promptly, friendly and we all had a great stay. It's very convenient for shopping nearby in the outlets along with Antrim Castle Gardens. Plenty of choice of places to eat also within the hotel and nearby. There's a nice lounge to have a drink and unwind after a long day. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Clair B
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, Especially that you found our team to be so friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Helena who will be delighted. It was a pleasure to have you here

I look forward to welcoming you here on your fourth visit

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We were very disappointed with our stay, it was quite expensive and not up to usual HIE standards as it is not run by them! For 3 nights noi burgers were on the menu and one night we arrived 15 minutes before end of dinner to be told oven was broken - but was perfectly fine by breakfast!! However the signature advertised breakfast baps were nowhere to be seen on any morning. Every morning large coach parties dining together cleared out the breakfast buffet leaving the staff struggling to restock and clear away all the mess. We were probably subsidising their cheap stay which made it even more galling to wait for everything to be restocked!! Avoid if possible.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing dual carrigeway or houses being built next door
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was saddened to read that your stay with us was not as expected, We value each and every form of feedback from each of our guests and we value yours. As with any other hotel some periods are busier than others, We will always endeavor to provide the best service we can, however I understand your frustration, I can assure you we will investigate your concerns and strive to improve wherever possible. if you would like to discuss this any further please do not hesitate to contact directly via telephone on 028 94 425500

I hope that you will give us the chance to welcome you back to stay with us in the future

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Third time back at this hotel. Location convenient at J1 and other amenities. Room spotless. Bed v comfortable. Breakfast excellent with plenty of everything. Staff very friendly and helpful. Will be back in future.

Joe and Mary McMahon
Ennistymon
Co Clare

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mbeaglaoich

Thank you Joe and Mary for taking the time to write a review

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially that you found our breakfast excellent and our team so friendly. We pride ourselves on being a friendly hotel and I am delighted this is what you found to be the case on this visit. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Found this hotel very expensive for a HIE. Breakfast was poor as per most HIE hotels.. wifi was very slow so much so I could use it.
Staff were very good couldn't fault them. But over all not a great hotel.

When u pay £95 per night you expect a lot more.

Can't see the value not sure I would stay again..

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I was saddened to read that your stay with us was not as expected, we value each and every form of feedback from each of our guests and we value yours. During peak season our rates will be higher due to high demand as with other hotels. We have recently introduced the new brand Express Start breakfast which is currently being rolled out in all Holiday Inn Express brand hotels. I was pleased however, that you found our team to be very good. We will continue to strive to improve on quality and service.

I hope that you will give us the chance to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future i

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Room ok nothing special , stains on carpet . Shower slight leak into toilet area .
Room cleaned left dirty cups not emptied .

Restaurant for the second time I'm told to come back later we have some groups in . You're a hotel you should be able to manage . Last night chicken and chips took an hour no apology so tonight I just went across the car park to a nice bar/restaurant and it's cheaper .

Breakfast very slow to clear tables and not wipe them .

I am a holiday inn member but won't be back to this one .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Diane M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express Antrim

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at or gsm@hiexantrim.co.uk