All reviews small bar private parking a stones throw rump steak hotel is in a great location listed building star hotel roast dinner big room lovely atmosphere short stay single room train station full english breakfast visiting rochester graduation
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This is a fairly standard hotel undergoing some refurbishment at the moment which is needed as it currently looks a bit tired. My room (12) was fine although note that the en suite is a bit small. The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was fine and the location is great, right in the centre of historic Rochester and close to the railway station. There is also ample parking included in the b&b rate of £70, a small bar and dining room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as I was meeting my friend. Quick check in I was in room no 7, there is no lifts in the hotel and no rooms on the ground floor. I had a deluxe room which was lovely really big room with all the usual
amenities you would expect in the room. I had views of the Cathedral from the window. The hotel is on the high street so noise could be heard. The wifi was not very good and kept falling away. When I went to watch TV in the room it did not work; why it was not plugged in very strange when the hotel knows a guest is going to be in the room!

The hotel has a bar and the staff are friendly.

One thing I would like to point out is the hotel has a policy when you go out for the day or evening you have give your hotel room key back and they will hand it back on your return. In all the time of staying in hotels around the world and the UK I have never know such a policy. It called not trusting your guests with the key to the room and most importantly when you are out the hotel has your room key and access to your room. I was uncomfortable with this from the moment I checked in.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

A very charming hotel with great facilities and friendly helpful staff. The young waitress was very accommodating and gave service with a smile at breakfast. My only criticism is that it was roasting hot with the heating on full blast throughout the hotel and we were on the top floor, however we did stay on a freakishly warm day in October and a fan was provided in the room.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma k
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Evening visit to Rochester we found ourselves in The Gordon House Hotel. Amazing dining room wit h painted panels from c.1700s? Told that building had been a coaching inn and possibly this had been a smoking room. Pleasant staff, traditional menu, food well done and plentiful, whats not to like?

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Right in the middle of the high street and a stones throw from the Castle. The room was clean and tidy the Staff were friendly and very helpful. There is private parking available. The hotel is looking a bit jaded and in need of some TLC however don't let this put you off.
I would certainly stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple