“Clean and homely”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Coach House

Traditional Old Coach House - exterior view
Aqua 43 - our restaurant next door for local food
Aqua 43 - enjoy your discount voucher
Viking Bay Beach - just a minute away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Gabbyjg
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Clean and homely”
Reviewed 14 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay here. Albeit small, it's very open plan so felt spacious and airy, no unnecessary clutter. It's very clean and tidy, fantastic, spacious wet room, and the décor is a fusion of seaside theme and of course, old coach house. The location in the centre of the quaint town of Broadstairs is convenient for access to shops, pubs and beaches. The owner, Trevor, was very helpful and friendly. We would highly recommend staying at the Old Coach House.

Chris B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A mixed bag...”
Reviewed 22 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

A lovely little cottage with a comfortable lounge, well equipped kitchen and nice wetroom bathroom. We received a warm welcome from the owner and enjoyed our time in Broadstairs and the surrounding area. However, the bed was old and too soft, and the springs creaked loudly and woke us up whenever either of us rolled over in the night (my girlfriend is only 7st). Also there is no blind on the bedroom skylight so we were woken up early by the light each morning. A bit of information about the local area, leaflets and guides and some idea of what to do with the rubbish would also be a good addition (although I am sure we could have asked for this in the owner's adjacent restaurant). With a little more attention to detail this would be a very good cottage, but not quite there at the moment in my opinion.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
23 Apr 2015
Thank you for your valued comments. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay in the old coach house. With reference to the bed , I'm sorry you found it too soft, yes you're right , it is an old bed , purchased quite recently , its actually an antique Edwardian frame, which I thought would be in keeping , and a new mattress , I've had no complaints as yet , in fact most guests have said what a great night's sleep. Upon arrival I did point out to you that the Broadstairs information kiosk is just 50 mts away and they would advise you on any activities and information upon request. As far as "Where to put the rubbish". My answer would be, in the bin provided. I hope these responses meet your approval. I must reiterate that I do say to all guests upon arrival that if there is anything at all needed , no matter how small, just come and see me in my restaurant . Regards. Trevor
Hannah K
“Fantastic accommodation in a perfect location!”
Reviewed 18 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a brilliant weekend break at The Old Coach House. The location was perfect and the accommodation was wonderful. It was cozy, spotless and welcoming. It had everything we needed for cooking with a lovely little kitchen area, the wet room was a dream with a brilliant shower. Trevor the owner was really nice and helpful and made us feel welcome. Would we stay here again?......absolutely! and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in lovely Broadstairs. A hidden gem. Thank you for letting us stay Trevor. We hope to return in the not too distant future. Hannah and Harrison

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: accommodation
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
AndrewSG5...
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Well equipped and spacious”
Reviewed 4 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I booked the coach house for a weekend stay during Broadstairs Food Festival. It is well equipped with an enormous shower (wet) room. Ideal for two with plenty of space although the double bed is a snug fit in the bedroom (not a major problem) Being just round the back of Albion Street it is ideally placed, near the beach, a few minutes walk from Victoria Gardens (where the food festival was held) and close to plenty of places to eat and drink. Parking is in a public car park that is less than a minute walk away, or on street for free if you're lucky enough to find a space.
Would I stay here again? Most definitely yes.

Paul M
“A HIDDEN GEM!!!”
Reviewed 24 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a 3 night break staying here and we absolutely loved it! It's actually our second time staying at this accommodation and cannot recommend it enough. The decor is modern with loads of privacy. It's a hidden gem tucked away at the heart of where it all happens in this beautiful seaside town.... The place holds a lot of memories for us and on the recent trip I proposed to my girlfriend and to my delight she said YES!!!
We will definitely be booking to stay at this beautiful accommodation in the near future!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing