All reviews afternoon tea high standard michelin star course dinner head chef fine dining truffle attention to detail amuse bouche devon countryside biscuits delicious scones this place is amazing bubble bath hotel restaurant every turn handmade chocolates
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

2 couples stayed for a 2 night break end of March.

All staff delightful, nothing too much trouble.

Super comfy beds. Gorgeous decor, with a stylish twist. Spotlessly clean. Champagne, chocolates and homemade biscuits in the room very welcome.

Food among the best I have tasted, and beautifully presented. Duck followed by ginger cheesecake particularly outstanding. Scallop with pig cheek appetiser divine. Complimentary champagne cream tea offered with two night stays thoroughly enjoyed - the scones were fresh and hot from the oven and I have not tasted better. Breakfast unusually presented and absolutely scrumptious.

Might choose different room next time as window obscured by roof (hedgehog). Not that it detracted from the experience one little bit. Paschoe house is a very special hotel. Can’t wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Tabitha A, General Manager at Paschoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear AliAnd123,

Thank you for writing your lovely review.
We also think Paschoe is very special- come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

my wife and I booked in for a weekend away which coincided with the Emma Blizzard so we had to cancel. We re-booked for last weekend and what a truly delightful place to be. The room was excellent and the food was superb and I can say that with my wife and I having eaten in a number of two and three star Michelin restaurants ! The staff were extremely friendly and very accommodating. This Hotel only having opened late last year deserves to succeed and we both wish them every success. It is without doubt we shall return this summer especially as we had to leave very early on the Sunday to miss the incoming snow. Thank you one and all for a delightful stay and fantastic food !

Room tip: fantastic rooms with lovely en suite bathrooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear John W,

Thank you for kind wishes, we are so pleased you managed to come and see us!
Whilst is is picturesque in the snow, it is beautiful here in the warmer months- we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful night’s stay at Paschoe House to celebrate my 40th Birthday. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, I could not fault a thing. The attention to detail at every turn is astounding and made for an extremely special experience. Dinner was delicious and the breakfast was breathtaking. Thank you too for the little birthday extras, I was extremely touched. I would highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear york7,

Thank you for writing a review, we are pleased your husband enjoyed his birthday treat.

We hope to welcome you both again soon

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This is a review of the restaurant, not the hotel.

Paschoe House offer a 'prix fixe' three course lunch. It's reasonable value, albeit perhaps slightly on the high side for mid-Devon. The food is excellent, no complaints at all, although if you are used to Devon 'all you can eat' type portions you may find it a little spartan. But very tasty, well cooked and beautifully presented.

Only small criticism is the need to give their waiting staff more training on pouring wine. Even given the wine is very reasonably priced, wine spilt on the table three times is poor. (I did raise it with the management so hopefully it's already been addressed).

I think they are trying to do something special at Paschoe House, it is certainly a cut-above most restaurants in mid-Devon, so I wish them well.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank markw_bd

Dear markw_bd,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is so important that we are made aware of issues in order to address them. We have indeed implemented new training with the team and are back on track.
We hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Just came back from a 1 night stay at Paschoe House, wow and wow this place is amazing everything was spot on from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The service, the food was out of this world. Thank you for a wonderfull stay and looking after us credit to all. From Stuart and Leigh

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank leighperkins16

Dear Stuart and Leigh,

Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you both again again soon

The Paschoe Team

PS next time come for 2 nights!!