All reviews local restaurants the bus amalfi coast sister hotel breakfast choices easy access to the beach free taxi service secluded beach jaw dropping parking area beautiful hotel breathtaking views would recommend this hotel to anyone nice breakfast water taxi per hour the entire hotel
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We chose to stay at Le Terrazze for our Italian honeymoon and it could not have been more perfect. This picturesque hotel is nestled into the cliffs of the little seaside village of Conca dei Marini on the Amalfi Coast. It will take you're breath away.

The entire hotel is very clean and well taken care of. Our room was comfortable. We had a private balcony that looked out over the coast. Many nights we would grab a bottle of wine and a pizza from Amalfi and just sit and watch the boats.

Marcello and the staff were always a pleasure. We were given many good recommendations throughout our stay.

This hotel is in a great location because you are right in between Amalfi and Positano. We could hop in the car and head out to explore without having to fight our way through the city streets and close enough to go into town for lunch or dinner. There is a beach with chair and umbrella rentals at the bottom of the stairs that run behind the hotel. There are a couple of good restaurants and a little bodega there a well. We also rented a small motorboat from the beach to explore the coast line in our own one day.

So thank you to everyone at Hotel Le Terrazze and the residents of the village of Conca dei Marini for making out honeymoon so special.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank tcadogan
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I really liked this hotel. Most of the staff were really friendly and quite accommodating - offering advice and directions to help us get around the area, The hotel is small and on the main road from Positano to Amalfi. The rooms are clean, quiet, and most have spectacular views. Our bed was a little uncomfortable as the mattress was a bit hard but we still managed to get a good night's sleep. We were in room 401 and our terrace was right by the stairs leading down to the beach. We often had conversations with folks heading down as we sat outside. This may not be for everyone but we enjoyed it. The room itself however was totally private and not viewable from the stairs.

The thing that makes this hotel so nice is also what presents a challenge. It's away from the crazy crowds of tourists in Amalfi - about 4km from the hotel to Amalfi - but it's a tough 4km to walk due to the narrow road, tunnels and traffic. There's a SITA bus stop close by but the buses are coming from Sorrento / Positano and are so full they often don't stop. We were there in October and still found this to be the case.

The town of Conca dei Marini is situated high above the hotel and there's hourly bus service (it's a small shuttle really - 1 euro to ride) to the town so we ended up going there for dinner two out of three nights to avoid the hassles of Amalfi or Positano. It's gorgeous up there and well worth the trip.

Room tip: We liked 401. Great view of Amalfi and the coast.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

The location and views of Amalfi Coast are to die for. But for me, it was the morning sunrise that gave me peace. I love love how it was the perfect combination of peace, beautiful views and great host. Marcello is amazing, helping with organizing everything I needed, answering questions, providing me with information on all the places I wished to visit etc
Inside decor of this hotel is so much more than I could have imagined. Breakfast choices were better than all the other places I have stayed in. You can be able to park at the property.
As everyone else mentions, taxi is very expensive in Amalfi Coast but seriously, its so much fun riding the bus and seeing how amazing the drivers are, hugging those curves like its nothing. Look into using this mode of transportation.

I loved my room since it had a gorgeous view. Wifi worked excellent. Overall it was an amazing stay for me.

Room tip: Choose a room with a balcony and marvel at the sunrise every morning
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Just got back yesterday after my second trip to conca dei marini I spent 4 nights there and it was yet again a joy! Marcello and his wonderful team of staff were amazing. They looked after me so well in May where I got ready for my wedding I just had to return for a stay with my new husband! The view is wonderful the area is quiet and relaxing the reception terrace is like a magazine the beach is a lovely walk down the stairs where we took a water taxi to amalfi and kissed under the arch of love. The whole experience of being back made me want to book again for myself and my mum again. Thanks for everything see you next year ! ❤️

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Michelle Martin... R
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We stayed at this hotel from Sept 24 to Sept 27 2017. The staff was very warm and helpful. We upgraded to a room with seafront view and it was truly spectacular. If you want to walk down the steps to the beach you will not be disappointed. Although the ground is very rocky (I would suggest appropriate footwear also to walk in the water) it is worth it. there is a choice of 3 restaurants on the beach that do not close til evening. The hotel has a modern nautical theme. It is so very clean, the room we stayed in, 206 is very spacious with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom is spotless. My many thanks to Marcello for helping in the planing of our days. I would recommend this little jewel to any of my friends

Room tip: definitely ask for seafront if available
Date of stay: September 2017