“Possibly the best meal in Italy”
Review of A. Paranza

A. Paranza
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Atrani
Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 83
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We waited around Atrani all day (after missing the late lunch cut off of 1500) just to eat here- based on a Fodor's recommendation. It did not disappoint. I had the pasta with seafood as a primi and didn't have room for the secondi. Appetizer for me was the shrimp over "chick peas". Their version of chick peas was our regular peas- fortunately, love peas. This was puréed peas with nicely arranged shrimp in a soup bowl.
Order the house white wine. It is truly their wine (A'Paranza) and is delicious and cheap.
Leave room for the lemon cake.
My wife is not a seafood lover and there was little on the menu for her (she also isn't a fan of beef!) but enough to satisfy her.
Terrific service. Total bill for two with wine and tip-60 euros!
Maybe my favorite pasta meal ever.

1  Thank wayneremington

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

This was one of the best meals of my life. I'm not joking. The fish was incredible, the wine was amazing and it was totally reasonable in terms of price. Go with whatever they recommend, relax and enjoy!

1  Thank RedOxford
Reviewed 1 September 2016

I have been many places in Europe and United States this restaurant is the one of the most gourmet and high quality restaurant I have been. The atmosphere doesn't show it maybe but when you eat the food you will understand. If you love seafood I'm sure you will eat one of the best seafood in your life. We let Alfonso to pick the food for us and he served the best. Highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Umut K
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We went to this restaurant based on a recommendation from our hotel and were not disappointed. We basically asked the chef for his recommendations on the menu and went with that.... some of the best seafood I have ever had! And I'm a well travelled person. The seafood was fresh, cooked to perfection, and served with a smile and a description of every dish. The chef even sent us a complimentary appetizer seeing that we were eating anything he brought us. We had the appetizer sampler (which included 8 different appies), the potato and cheese stuffed squid, the catch of the day with fries vegetables, and a bottle of recommended local white wine, which was all to die for, for simply €85! That was a bargain compared to US or Canadian prices! Would go back there in a split second!!

1  Thank Eur0trip2009
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Food and service was exceptional.
Highly recommend the seafood risotto.
The restaurant is relatively small, and found as you go up the main street from the square.

1  Thank Paul D