1,071 results
All reviewsanimation teampool barprivate beachmain poolfamily roomseparate bedrooma lovely place to staydaytime activitiesmini golfa sea view roomour room was spaciousspecial thankson tapevening showslarge pebblesall inclusive hotelfood in the main restaurant
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I will split this review down to enable you to get the best and worse of what this hotel has to offer. I will grade each section out of 5 and then an overall trip advisor grade. Hopefully this will give you enough information to enable you to make an informed decision whether to book a holiday or not.
5/5 LOCATION - Without doubt this hotel benefits from excellent views out over the blue/green sea which is clear and warm. You can see turkey from the beach as well as Rhodes town. Another benefit is the excellent sunsets to finish off the warm sunny days.
4/5 HOTEL GROUNDS - Lots of well kept gardens and flowers/ palm trees. Looking a little bit tired in areas but generally well kept with 3 pools spaced out nicely along the complex.But why is it that what is classed as the Family/childrens pool is as deep is 1.40m, when the main pool has a huge area of 90-1.20m!
3/5 POOL BARS - This is where things get confusing, At the family pool bar you can get juice drinks (non fizzy) or beer, but no fizzy drinks or any other bar type drink. At the main pool you can get any type of drink. The service system is that you queue in a line, however the germans tend to ignore this and walk straight to the front. Why they can't have fizzy drinks and a proper bar at the family pool is beyond me. It makes it very inconvenient to get an alcoholic drink if you do have a young family as you would have to trek them along with you.
3/5 Rooms - At the first glance I would have given this room a full five stars until you scratch beneath the surface, We we given rooms in what is the newest block on the complex with modern rooms and families in mind, They are situated right by the family pool (Yes the one that is 1.40m!). Within hours of arriving we hit our first problem when the door would not open, I went back to reception why "recharged" the key card (an 5 min brisk walk to get there) and on return it still would not work. My wife then went twice and it still wouldnt work, the third time with steam shooting out of her ears they sent someone from the maintenance team who spent a good hour with another team member trying to figure out the problem and they couldnt. It was while they were here and tried to ring reception that they realised non of the phones worked. I then also noticed that there was no lock on the balcony sliding door. They said someone would be back on Monday to fix the door and phone and Sunday for for the door. They did fix the door on the Sunday and left a bowl of fruit with a bottle of wine as an apology. As we were all inclusive and could eat as much fruit and drink as much wine as we wanted anyway I couldnt see the point. The balcony lock and door were never fixed, no one ever came back. Also in the rooms - Cooking unit but nothing to cook with, A Microwave but no knives or forkes, No tea and coffee making facilities, the Bedsheets dont fit the bed properly, The rest of the apartment is very nice, bathroom lovely and the decor very now with tastefull pictures and LED downlighters.
1/5 Food and Drink - I Came with high expectations following the previous reviews on trip advisor and was sorely disappointed. When I go on holiday I expect nice food, over the week I trawled through virtually everything on offer searching for something I Could find that was better than average. If I cooked this food at home I would be very upset, If I was was served it in a pub or resteraunt I wouldnt go back and would begrudge paying for it. By day 3 we had opted to go out for evening meals and the first offering we got at a local taverna I would class as 5/5 oustanding so lt isnt my tastes at fault! If your aim at mealtimes is just to "Feel full" and your not that bothered about the flavour or the eating experience the food will be acceptable for you. If you like your mealtimes to be an experience and something special, forget it. You can also have 2 a ala carte meals while there. We tried the italian on day 2 and the food was slightly better 2/5 at best, but we had a very rude waitress who thought it was acceptable to laugh and joke about my family just with her colleague just becuase we were not ready to order when she asked us. Also with your meal your choices were wine, Fizzy drink or beer. Anything else and you were out of luck! when was the last time you went to have a meal limited to those drink options? On day 5 we had the Greek a la carte option, The food was a lot better than usual and on its own merit would have been a 3/5.The drinks were very poor, the fizzy drinks were out of a dispenser and must have been the cheapest possible (Remember this is 4 star) as none of them tasted remotley like they should. Spirits - Although I stay away from from them my wife went through Gin, Bacardi and Vodka as well as the odd mixer and assured me they all tasted very odd and not remotley like they normally would. I stopped eating the all inclusive food by day 4 as I felt ill, whether it was the food or a bug of another kind I am unsure but I couldnt face looking at the food any longer and started eating a a great greek taverna in the village.
2/5 Overall score - A very disapponting 2/5 reflects all the above, I was also informed that the other blocks are due for renovation at the end of the year so I am glad we never got one of those rooms! Would I go again, not a chance. Some might say I am not easy to please but only 2 years ago I graded the Lara Beach Hotel 5/5 on their all inclusive experience so as this hotel is a four star I expected more than I got. There are many positive reviews on here abut this hotel hence the reason I am so disappointed. So take your chances, however I can guarantee that there are much better all inclusive hotels out there and I have been to them (Lara Beach, Turkey). If you have give this hotel a high score and enjoyed the food, the good news is there are far superior hotels out there with much better food and drink options.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank KEVIN025
Reviewed 20 September 2011

rooms need updating but apart from that it was an enjoyable holiday, right on the beach, walking distance to centre. The food was good but the drinks were awful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank brasco1966
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Just returned from a week at the Sunshine having had a great holiday! Not many Britsh staying during our visit mainly Germans who had to put towels on there sunbeds as early as 6.20am! Rooms very basic felt that they needed updating especially the bathroom shower was very small. Towels need replacing very thin.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank fionasmith7
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great place. Me, my wife and our 7 years old son enjoyed a lot our stay here. Good service, excellent food&drinks, three nice swimming pools, plenty of free of charge beach. Excellent conditions.

Minus: the airplanes flying on low altitude over the hotel, very noisy. Not a problem during the day, but in the nighttime, get some earplugs if you want to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NeMeSe
Reviewed 9 September 2011

we have just returned from one weeks stay at this hotel,we were slightly worried about the reviews about the garden view rooms not been the best as we were booked into a family apartment G/View.The room was perfect with one bedroom and a living area,two flat screen tvs and fantastic bathroom,it was also immaculate.The only down side was there were no beds for the kids just setees in the room,these were ok but were abit small for the 17 year old.The rest of the hotel was great with fantastic pools and beach,loads of sunbeds but most taken with towels on before beakfast,you do need shoes to get in and out of the sea but it is worth it as the sea was lovely and we spent most days in it on lilos.The hotel was full but there is plenty of space and never felt crowded,we only once had trouble finding a table at dinner but it wasnt too long a a wait as they opened up another dining room.All dinner staff were great and worked extremley hard,tables cleared straight away,sometimes abit over eager and a couple of times my plate was cleared before i had finished! There was only one other english family there at the same time as us,it would be nice if there were a few more but it wasnt a problem.Again picking up on other people reviews,there were lots of planes flying over but it never bothered us and we never heard any at night.Food was fantastic and we also had two meals at the other hotel restaurants which were also really good,my husband found the main restaurant food abit repetitive but my son loves it as there was so much choice.Lastly the animation team were fantastic and did some great shows each night,they spent most of their time around the activity pool so you didnt have to get involved if you didnt want to,we prefered to stay around the relaxing pool but we were asked each time if we wanted to play volleyball or do aerobics which we declined but they were never pushy and made a real effort ,very friendly and always said hello.I would definatley like to return to this hotel next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family