My husband and I have just returned from a week and The Sunshine Vacation Club in Rhodes. We had a brilliant relaxing week and can not find fault with this hotel or the staff.
The hotel is situated in a small town of lalyssos. There is a few bars and restaurants outside the hotel as well as gift shops and supermarkets. As you come out of the hotel and turn right over the little bridge you will find a little square with all you need.
Rhodes town is 20 mins on the bus (2.10euro) and is well worth a visit. The old town, with its cobble streets, shops and charm is just beautiful.
The hotel is set right on a pebble beach. Top tip - take aqua shoes as it will be much easier to get in and out of the sea. We spent many hours on lilos in the water crystal clear water - just wonderful.
Our room had a sea view ( well worth paying a little extra for) and opening the curtains in the morning to the most breath taking views of the sea and the coastline of Turkey was a dream come true. I think that some rooms are of a higher standard than others but ours was perfect.
The staff at reception, the restaurant and bars were so helpful, polite and welcoming and again can not fault them - an asset to the hotel.
The entertainment staff did not stop! There was always something going on from volleyball to darts, Latin dance lessons and mini golf competitions. They would ask if you wanted to join in but did not hassle you. They put on really good shows in the evening and even though this is not usually our cup of tea we had a ball - lovely young team!
Food - The buffet restaurant was lovely. There was at least 8 hotplates, salad, breads, pastries, cereals, fruit, ice cream and deserts. The choice was endless and something different everyday. There is also 2 al' carte restaurants you can book at reception the day before. We only used the Italian - but would highly recommend it.
At the bars there is also plenty of choice - Vodka, ouzo, brandy, gin, whiskey, sambuca, beer, cocktails, white / red and rose' wine and liqueurs. Cola, lemonade, soda water, juices, water, coffee and tea - Again the choice is endless.
The hotel was spotless and the rooms were cleaned to a very high standard. All in all the hotel was brilliant and I really do not know what some people were moaning about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. 4-star Sunshine Rhodes is situated on the sandy pebbled beach in the ancient town of Ialyssos, 7 km from the city of Rhodes. Guests have access to a private beach, 3 pools and a tennis court. The Rhodes Sunshine offers air-conditioned, elegant rooms, some of which enjoy sea views. Each is equipped with a bathroom with hairdryer. In-room facilities include a mini fridge and satellite TV. Wi-Fi access is provided upon charge. Dionissos Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch buffets. Mamma Mia Restaurant serves Italian cuisine and the Sunshine Bars serve cocktails and juices. Mountain bikes are available to rent and aerobics classes are provided. Younger guests can have fun in the children’s pool or the playground. Butterfly Valley is 16 km away. Diagoras Rhodes International Airport is at 6 km. Free private parking is possible on site. Families particularly like the location — they rated it 8 for a stay with kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Sunshine Rhodes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel
- Holiday Sunshine
- Sunshine Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos