After reading other people's reviews of this hotel,we were slightly worried about the standard.....minutes after arriving at the hotel our worries were gone.
We were lucky enough to have a family room and it was spacious,clean with daily maid service.... the only small downside was the lack of English speaking TV channels(something that may benefit families with children more than a couple)
There was a good selection of food, in the restaurant,available 3 times a day and between 12 and 4 around the pool,friendly staff and if you get to reception at 11.00am(sharp) you can book into the Greek and Italian A la Carte for free (well worth it for a change as you can choose your main course and have a bottle of wine)...It does get tedious after a week, but eating at the same restaurant 3 times a day for a week does,so best to save eating out til the end of the hols.
There is lots of entertainment,day and night and you can choose to take part or just relax.
The beach is pebbles so Jelly shoes are recommended,there is a constant breeze this side of the island which keeps it a little cooler.... we had no problems getting sunbeds and parasols....there are free beach towels if you want to cut down on luggage.
The usual standard of all inclusive drinks(local spirits,beer and some cocktails) are available til 1.00am...and there are 3 bars (2 around the pool and 1 inside)
There was a lack of British people in the hotel,and whilst this isnt a problem,its quite nice to chat to others about their holiday and find out information.
There is a cheap car hire place 2 mins from the hotel on the main street called Star car rental,30 euros for a fiesta for the day and visting Lindos and especially Agathi beach are recommended.....they were beautiful!!!.We also drove into Rhodes town one night and there is plenty of free parking.Taxis are a fixed price and the airport and Rhodes town are 14 euros each way.....We also went to a restaurant called Maestro along the beach from the hotel and that was nice.
Ialyssos has its own small area with nightlife and its only 5 mins walk from the hotel....(turn right out of the hotel and then right again) you have cocktail,sports and karaoke bars there....there is a nightclub just outside the hotel.
The hotel is on the flightpath so prepare for planes overhead in the day.
Watch the Mosquitos!! We had both never been bitten before but they seemed to like us,so take some Jungle Spray!!
All in all,Sunshine Vacation Club is a good 4* hotel,i would recommend it to close friends and family as a clean,good value holiday destination.Some of the reviews on here,i suspect are from quite pessimistic people.I have stayed in many all inclusives and worked in the holiday industry and i couldnt find any major faults......Hope this has been of some help....Enjoy your holiday!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. 4-star Sunshine Rhodes is situated on the sandy pebbled beach in the ancient town of Ialyssos, 7 km from the city of Rhodes. Guests have access to a private beach, 3 pools and a tennis court. The Rhodes Sunshine offers air-conditioned, elegant rooms, some of which enjoy sea views. Each is equipped with a bathroom with hairdryer. In-room facilities include a mini fridge and satellite TV. Wi-Fi access is provided upon charge. Dionissos Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch buffets. Mamma Mia Restaurant serves Italian cuisine and the Sunshine Bars serve cocktails and juices. Mountain bikes are available to rent and aerobics classes are provided. Younger guests can have fun in the children’s pool or the playground. Butterfly Valley is 16 km away. Diagoras Rhodes International Airport is at 6 km. Free private parking is possible on site. Families particularly like the location — they rated it 8 for a stay with kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Sunshine Rhodes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel
- Holiday Sunshine
- Sunshine Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos