I can sum up how much we enjoyed the stay by saying we have 6 holidays abroad every year but we never normally return to an hotel but we are going back to the Sunshine next May.
Very friendly staff. Rooms comfortable and spacious but not as per a 5 * Spain etc. Food a mixture of International and Greek both excellent. We did not pay enough to get lobster, steak and king prawns but everything we had was super, especially some of the deserts. I am wary of bacon abroad but had it every day for breakfast along with freshly cooked eggs. Drinks in the bars very fine with service to match. Overall a nice relaxed atmosphere in the hotel. Aircraft fly over hotel at regular intervals but we were not disturbed by it and most guests seemed to be enjoying seeing which planes they were.
Finally, and I have left the best till last, the friendly animation team. Thanks to Marco, Kate, Johnny and Sam for the best shows ever in this type of holiday hotel. We did not join in the daytime activities but those that did seemed to be thoroughly enjoying them.
We look forward to our return to the Sunshine next year.
Easy to get into town near the hotel for shopping etc. Rhodes Town 15 minutes away by regular bus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. 4-star Sunshine Rhodes is situated on the sandy pebbled beach in the ancient town of Ialyssos, 7 km from the city of Rhodes. Guests have access to a private beach, 3 pools and a tennis court. The Rhodes Sunshine offers air-conditioned, elegant rooms, some of which enjoy sea views. Each is equipped with a bathroom with hairdryer. In-room facilities include a mini fridge and satellite TV. Wi-Fi access is provided upon charge. Dionissos Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch buffets. Mamma Mia Restaurant serves Italian cuisine and the Sunshine Bars serve cocktails and juices. Mountain bikes are available to rent and aerobics classes are provided. Younger guests can have fun in the children’s pool or the playground. Butterfly Valley is 16 km away. Diagoras Rhodes International Airport is at 6 km. Free private parking is possible on site. Families particularly like the location — they rated it 8 for a stay with kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunshine Rhodes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel
- Holiday Sunshine
- Sunshine Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos